Notification Interaction

1. !TIMMY!
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2021

!TIMMY! , Apr 23, 2021 :
    I was looking forward to a OnePlus watch based on Wear OS to replace my current Wear OS watch, but it didn't happen. So I am wondering for the people who have the watch, how does it interact with notifications?

Can you delete an email on your Gmail account from the watch like you can in Wear OS?

I read on the reviews you can send a stock response to a limited number of messaging apps which is fine for me as I don't respond to messages on Wear OS anyway.

Also, if you dismiss a notification on the watch, does it also dismiss it on your phone?

I have mixed feelings about the watch, the battery life and tracking sensors look good, but then I would loose features such as Google Pay.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021

2. wmm
    KitKat Apr 23, 2021

wmm , Apr 23, 2021 :
    No, you cannot delete an email from the notification on the watch. As far as I know, the only interaction from notifications on the watch back to the phone is with the preset replies you mentioned. Currently, at least, dismissing a notification on the watch does not dismiss the corresponding notification on the phone. I don't recall seeing any indication that that is planned to change.

!TIMMY! likes this.
  3. !TIMMY!
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2021

!TIMMY! , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Thanks for the reply, answers all my questions. I might wait for the update that enables the always on display and see how that affects the battery life before deciding if I should replace my current Wear OS watch with the OnePlus watch.