Notification LED / Always On Display

1. infinityplus1
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2019

infinityplus1 , Apr 26, 2019 :
    I was put off the 6T because of the lack of notification light but I'm hoping that the 7 will have something inbuilt. I like my phone silent and glance down to see if the notification light is blinking.
    I guess this can be incorporated into an AOD but OnePlus never seem to like that idea. I don't care if it uses a little extra power.
    I just want a visual way to check the phone without touching it or picking it up. I have noise cancelling headphones on a lot too so audible only notifications aren't much use.

I realise there are apps out there to fix this but surely this isn't ideal.

Jafaifl, tebsoo, Salty Wagyu and 2 others like this.
  2. DARTH 007
    KitKat Apr 27, 2019

3. Murat_Khatkut
    Donut May 15, 2019

4. MrBenjaminHDM
    Donut May 15, 2019

5. Salty Wagyu
    Froyo May 15, 2019

Salty Wagyu , May 15, 2019 :
    Pity. Heard this phone has an edge notification but only flashes once. What damn use is that when I'm out of the room? I don't want to obsessively check my phone to see if there's a notification waiting.

infinityplus1 likes this.
  6. DogeAlpha
    Honeycomb May 15, 2019

DogeAlpha , May 15, 2019 :
    If that's so, the ambient display we already had was just as good as this new feature

7. BforBenita
    Cupcake May 16, 2019

BforBenita , May 16, 2019 :
    I went to the pop up store. When you get a notification, the side edges of the screen lights up. I don't know if it flashes continuous like old phones (it was in retail mode). But it's not as subtle like the past but at least they have it?

8. anbu_black0ps
    Cupcake May 16, 2019

anbu_black0ps , May 16, 2019 :
    use Plus Beat app from Google Play, this resolved my Notification issue in my 6t. Its a great app and i have the option to set the time when the blinking notifications should be turned off. So i can save battery when sleeping. although it will only pulse one icon at a time but still does the job pretty well

9. Jafaifl
    Froyo May 16, 2019

10. kevinplus2
    Honeycomb May 16, 2019