Notification Led not working in Nougat

1. Oxide777 Cupcake May 4, 2017

Oxide777, May 4, 2017 :
    OP3 here - I've only just updated from version 3 (waited to ensure all issues were resolved as was very happy with v3) and this is the only issue I have.

LED works when charging but not notification LED is displayed for outlook email app - have read various fixes on here and double checked all settings - please OnePlus can you fix this?

2. cavalleto Donut May 14, 2017

3. Oxide777 Cupcake May 14, 2017

Oxide777, May 14, 2017 :
    I fixed the issue by

Uninstall Outlook
    Use CCleaner to clear app cache
    Install Outlook
    Set outlook to use LED notification on all mail + a silent tone mp3 (found a 1 sec silent tone mp3 online - put in notifications folder on device)

4. waang Cupcake May 23, 2017

waang, May 23, 2017 :
    Yes i had this same problem and it's true that if the SOUND notification is on SILENT then the LED notification does not work. Very annoying because i only want the LED. Found a solution = i chose DEFAULT RINGTONE in the SOUNG notification and because my default ringtone has no sound, my LED notification turns on now

5. waang Cupcake May 23, 2017

waang, May 23, 2017 :
    Try choosing DEFAULT RINGTONE (mine has no sound) and then your LED notifications will turn on when you receive a whatsapp message

6. DouglasDuZZ Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

DouglasDuZZ, Nov 21, 2017 :
    THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE WITH WHATSAPP!
    Since Android 5 the notification system was changed and IT SUCKS!
    If you are on vibration mode, all sounds will be converted into vibrations and if you disable notification sound, it will not vibrate and it will not trigger led notifications aswell.
    I even tried with root to disable vibration permissions for whatsapp and it vibrates no matter what...
    IT IS AN ISSUE WITH ANDROID NOTIFICATION SYSTEM, NOT ONEPLUS!