Notification Light via OnePlus 8T

1. tarunajmani
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2021

tarunajmani , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 21, 2021 :
    Hey, can anyone advise why am I not getting the notification light blink when I get a message on whatsapp?

I have checked my settings while everything is enabled, yet I don't see the light blinking when I get a message.

Please advise !

2. psygarden
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 22, 2021

Best Answer
    psygarden , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Jan 22, 2021 :
    OnePlus and many other companies have ditched the Notification Light a long time ago to provide slimmer bezels. You can use some apps from Play Store for this. OnePlus 8T has AOD and is a better alternative to Notification Light

tarunajmani and D@RLiNGSuRy@ like this.
  3. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Jan 21, 2021

4. tarunajmani
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2021

5. StefanStark
    Honeycomb Jan 22, 2021

StefanStark , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Easie answer - the oneplus 8T has no notificataion LED.

You can't see or make something blinking that is physically not there.

Horizon light gives you - one - display flash after getting a notification.

There are workarounds with third party apps for the always on display but this things may cause heavie battery drain.

SaveEarth likes this.
  8. Navdeep_Malik
    Jelly Bean Jan 22, 2021

Navdeep_Malik , Jan 22, 2021 :
    because it doesnt have a notification led! we have horizon lights...and if you are looking for something like that download AOD notify from play store

tarunajmani likes this.
  9. tarunajmani
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2021

tarunajmani , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 23, 2021 :
    Thank you !!

psygarden likes this.
  10. E1611816093489
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2021

E1611816093489 , Jan 29, 2021 :
    So how Come third party vendors provide the feature ? And it work !

11. StefanStark , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Jan 29, 2021 :
    The activate parts of the display - like the area round the selfie cam - this takes more energy than just a LED (witch they did not include to save space inside the phone and deliver smaller bezels).

Oneplus sayd not to include the always on feature for messages - because of battery problems - can be found in the answers to IDEAS 2.0.

Still - and technically speaking - as I sayd there is no LED... there is no true notification light.

Just display workarounds that my kill your battery life - the next topics coming are 'my battery goes down to fast' / 'I don't use my phone but always empty' / my phone takes 20% battery ever night - and everyone demanding the usual 'oneplus fix this asap!' - but nobody then will blame his third party always on display settings...

the_o2 likes this.