Notification / Pulse Light OnePlus 7 Pro

1. O1561194856031
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2019

O1561194856031 , Sep 24, 2019 :
    It would be awesome if the OnePlus 7 Pro OLED Display would have a permanent pulse / blinking Notification Light similar to the App LED Blinker.

For example a permanent pulse Horizont Light for few minutes or a blinking little dot on a free position on the display like an notification LED.

There are some apps outhere, I know but there aren't working pretty well. An official OnePlus Feature would be great.

2. jan110968
    Jelly Bean Sep 26, 2019

D1576877749946 likes this.
  3. o6S1D9e , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 24, 2019 :
    Hi there you two. Ive had my OP7TPro McLaren for three days and have waisted so much time trying to figure out how to become more aware of notifications. I'm in the same boat as y'all. I am totally devastated by the fact that unless I'm paying attention to the device when a notification occurrs I will have no other means to become aware of the message outside of waking the device back up.

WTHeck OP?!? who signed off on the plans that left this feature out of the final product? I've been with Sony Xperia for 8 years and Android in general for a total of 10. Every cell phone I've had, even in the years prior to Android has had this feature in one form or another.

We can't even tell if the phone is going to die or if it's fully charged unless it is wakened it up.

Lacking a means to inform the user of these is a serious step back from any other device I've ever owned. Who in Earth knew to even inquire about the potential lack of a continuous visual indicator before buying this phone?

nobody, that's who.
    example: When you buy a car it comes with wheels. when you buy a house it has the front door. when you buy a lawnmower it has the engine.

I'm pretty disappointed over the lack of a continuous /pulsing/ repetitive indicator. phones on the other side of the room at night. now I have to get out of bed to pick it up and check for missed anything since my eyes have been closed for hours. had I known this I would've never purchased this phone. I needed a reliable and future proof phone to use on TMo and didn't want a Samsung or Apple so I'm stuck whith this thing. it's a dope device lacking one crucial element, to me at least.

here's an attempt at humor to lighten my disappointment-.
    maybe they should call it the OneMinus MEF. ( MISSING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)

Have either of you or has anybody reading this found a work around? I found some referrals from Reddit that point towards an app called Pulse App. I don't want to install an app for something that should be there stock. How has your device performed after installing that, or any other work arounds?

a pulsing LED dot or the flashing /pulsing / wave like Horizon light would be very much appreciated. It was surely expected by numerous others besides myself

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019

4. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Dec 24, 2019

5. o6S1D9e , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 24, 2019 :
    Quote:

You can always just lift up your phone to see notifications. Or tap it.

trolling much or did you accidentally ignore what I said regarding accessibility in the very first paragraph? no other device that I've ever owned has required me to wake or otherwise turn the screen on to see what's up.

Deactivated User and i6rb like this.
  6. KeepTransisting

KeepTransisting , Dec 24, 2019 :
    No other device you've had has been missing a notification LED. Something you should have researched before buying the phone. And if it means that much to you, there are third party apps on the play store that can do what you need.

7. o6S1D9e , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 24, 2019 :
    ok troll. you're obviously here to be of no real use to the community.

I specifically asked about an app for this and what others have experienced in using said app.

Merry Christmas, now go be of no real use in some other community thread where people of no use like yourself can get along with one another and play your ignorant game.

Deactivated User and Yunusrg like this.
  8. KeepTransisting

KeepTransisting , Dec 24, 2019 :
    Maybe I'm just tired of the same questions being asked over and over again for things that can be solved with a simple Google search

TheJuli and skyzoboy like this.
  9. Sphinx_ua
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2020

10. Gertjan@
    Honeycomb Jan 6, 2020

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020

11. o6S1D9e , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 9, 2020 :
    I would like to enjoy the pulse beat and I acknowledge your support of it. I've read reviews on how it's unstable. what has your experience been? that's what I'm trying to find out before downloading a third party app on my phone.

12. i6rb
    Donut Jan 11, 2020

13. skyzoboy
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2020

skyzoboy , Jan 15, 2020 :
    i use AOE (Always on Edge) for that, a little complicated appli but it work.
    1579077329259.jpg

Mrfloflo and D1576877749946 like this.
  14. Deactivated User
    Jan 15, 2020

D1576877749946 and skyzoboy like this.
  15. skyzoboy
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2020

skyzoboy , Jan 16, 2020 :
    thank you for your back test, i will try sooner the last one

16. o6S1D9e , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 19, 2020 :
    thanks for all of the replies. I've decided to try the paid version of Notify Buddy and cannot get it to notify. I did the test and it worked. restarted phone and received a text, phone call and an email with zero notification from notify buddy.
    I have ambient display active. should I not? I also have selected the notify buddy app with Gmail, phone, messaging, Google etc. Is there a setting on the phone that I have to change to allow it another permission? all three permissions were granted for the app.

edit. I've disabled ambient display as the developer suggested. double tap to wake is enabled via notifybuddy but it won't wake the phone. no notifications yet and I've followed the instructions. I'll email developer now and follow up with y'all later. adios

1579407596046.jpg

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020

17. Deactivated User
    Jan 19, 2020

18. o6S1D9e , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 19, 2020 :
    I don't mind paying a Dev for a tool that I think will be useful. I wanted the customizable notifications anyway so I decided to get the paid version for however cheap it was.
    I got the charging notification to work. it's the color, size and in the location I wanted it to be in. that's it's though. I've turned off ambient display and have selected "tap to wake" on notify buddy and now I can't tap to wake it any longer. the only way to have tap to wake working is to turn on ambient display. with ambient display on I am still able to see charging notification.
    I've turned off battery optimization for notify buddy.

I've turned off enhanced/advanced optimization

The app is locked on my recents apps.

I'm not able to find the recent apps clearing behaviour to set it to "Normal Clear" as suggested by dev.

the only other thing that I have noticed is that whenever I go to my home screen the bottom right and bottom left corner of the screen have a white colored bar/rail appear and then fade away. it looks like the beginning of what happens when opening Google Assistant by swiping like a quarter arch upwards and then over from the bottom left corner.

I've sent this to the Dev to see what they say.

19. YauhenK
    Donut Feb 4, 2020

YauhenK , Feb 4, 2020 :
    Main problem of all these apps is that you can pull notification bar from top and navigation buttons from bottom, which creates possibility of unintended interaction with the phone, especially when it's in a pocket. Without incorporating such functionality into Ambient display feature this problem with notifications can't be solved

D1576877749946 likes this.
  20. o6S1D9e , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 8, 2020 :
    I actually turned the AMBIENT screen off after uninstalling the two LED notification apps that didn't work. The dev still has not responded to my email for help and a refund for the one that I purchased.

I decided to keep ambient display off. it was interfering with my ability to bring up the PIN CODE option to bypass the fingerprint. sometimes I can't use a fingerprint and need to easily access the pin code to access the device. I had to physically press the power button after waking the screen to access the pin code.
    Now I'm able to double tap to wake and see the pin code instantly. problem solved.

they still should give us the option to have a notification dot.