Notification slider

1. tobes
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2015

tobes , Aug 2, 2015 :
    I am unsure about the notification slider feature. I can pretty much guarantee that I will sometimes put it on no notifications and walk around with it like that all day. The software implementation in Lollipop let's you do no notifications for one hour, which may be better for meetings and such.

pendragon likes this.
  2. rrluvs

rrluvs , Aug 2, 2015 :
    I have also thought about it

3. Teejaye1100
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

Teejaye1100 , Aug 2, 2015 :
    It similar to the Alert slider Apple has but the One Plus 2 implementation is better in my opinion. You can switch between 3 profiles and don't even have to cut on the screen or take it out of your pocket. Thats a good idea

loulouboy likes this.
  4. Spoons
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2015

Spoons , Aug 2, 2015 :
    It's more of a businessman type of feature. Not really a thing for the average user. I'd probably use it occasionally at work, but not a whole lot overall.

5. Teejaye1100
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

Teejaye1100 , Aug 2, 2015 :
    You may change your mind once you have the phone in hand.

HugoDerHeld likes this.
  6. #HYPEorGTFO
    KitKat Aug 2, 2015

#HYPEorGTFO , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Not knocking your comment at all:), it just reminds me of when I was showing someone who had never used a smartphone what they could do. They said "why would I need to check email on my phone?" I didn't say anything, now to this day they are always on their phone doing stuff like that lol

May be one of those things you don't notice how handy it is until after you use it for a while

7. Spoons
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2015

Spoons , Aug 2, 2015 :
    It might end up as a bad habit of sliding it up & down subconsciously :p
    But indeed we shall see.

B4kken and #HYPEorGTFO like this.
  8. dcmcc24
    KitKat Aug 2, 2015

dcmcc24 , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Doesn't really seem like a huge benefit since I always keep my phone on silent.

9. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Aug 2, 2015

oneplusonedollarbillyall , Aug 2, 2015 :
    It sounds like a nice feature to have but not a necessity, but since I've never had it on any of my phones I won't know till I actually have it.

10. nilkkakyy
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2015

nilkkakyy , Aug 2, 2015 :
    The notification slider + dual sim is the reason I'm waiting to get one purchased: While I'm at work I can have my work related notifications and ignore my "freetime" phones notifications. Goodbye for the two phone approach :)

11. Armz
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

12. Michklomp

13. Spoons
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2015

Spoons , Aug 2, 2015 :
    That is true. Though, emails are entirely different.
    I guess I'll just have to be a bit active with it and see what situations it might be useful in. Nothing really pops to mind....Maybe one day!

14. thomtom
    Eclair Aug 2, 2015

thomtom , Aug 2, 2015 :
    This is great for me as i currently have to get my phone out of my pocket to put it into silent mode.II work in a college and need to ensure that my phone is silent before I go into an exam room or classroom.

15. Uncoloredpoem

Uncoloredpoem , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Using the iPhone has made me appreciate a mute button. It's much more useful than you think and not very easy to trigger.

16. ufuigi
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

ufuigi , Aug 2, 2015 :
    I mean you can always slide up the slider after your meeting... We will have to see, maybe the slider works with the no notification for X hours feature. Maybe they even make it customizable at some point, which would be amazing.

17. tobes

tobes , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Hopefully will be customisable. However the limited time thing wouldn't really work with a physical switch with 3 positions.

18. ufuigi
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

ufuigi , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Dunno maybe if you have the slider set to "all notifications" and then set the "no notification"-timer on 4 hours, it will take priority over the slider. I hope they thought about that...

19. rafiihaji
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2015

rafiihaji , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Me too. Maybe I'll start changing with the slider though. We will see.

20. electric0ant
    Eclair Aug 7, 2015

electric0ant , Aug 7, 2015 :
    its not really anything like that apple has. Apple's button toggles between Sound on and vibrate modes.
    the slider here toggles between the notifications mode (all, priority or none) it does nothing for the sound/vibrate mode.
    I prefer to be able to toggle between the sound and vibrate mode as that is something I will use more often. hopefully oneplus will enable an option to switch between what the button can change.