Notification sound via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx

2. X1634389291740
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2021

4. SlackW_1993
    KitKat Oct 23, 2021

SlackW_1993 , Oct 23, 2021 :
    "What is clearly thought out is clearly expressed"...
    Of course most of the notification sounds on Nord can be easily changed and differentiated.
    First be specific because nobody here has a crystal ball to understand what you want to do exactly.

5. N1619957966031 , via OnePlus Nord N100 , Oct 23, 2021 :
    Ohh let's see.

Every mobile phone I have had to date I could choose to mute calls or mute messages or both.

With the advancement of apps, we even seen specific tones for WhatsApp, Facebook messenger and Viber. You knew exactly which app to check for messages.

For some bazaar reason there is no scope to do this on this phone. You turn the volume down or silence notifications it turns the volume down on calls and silences calls. I get a notification alert and I've got to check every single app to see where my messages are.

It's the worst mobile phone I have ever had, I wouldn't recommend it.

6. V.Chiranjivi , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Oct 24, 2021 :
    I think people understood here and replied, most importantly one plus support understood and asked me to follow some instructions ,send the log kit and I did that too.
    "So u need the crystal ball".

7. N1619957966031 , via OnePlus Nord N100 , Oct 24, 2021 :
    Are you a developer? Or just someone who clearly likes to be disrespectful.

There is an issue with the software on the phone and responses are arrogant and disrespectful. You either chose to be helpful and provide a useful answer or keep your sarcastic and arrogant comments in your head.

The customer support team suggested raising this as a problem to the developers to be addressed.

It's reassuring that others are experiencing the same issues, disappointing that some can't be respectful of helpful.

I hope that someone somewhere can be helpful before the phone gets responsibly recycled.

8. HoLeetihs
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 24, 2021

HoLeetihs , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 24, 2021 :
    I understand your frustration but you have to understand that this not an issue. It's a feature of Android, not Oneplus. More information in here:
    https://www.guidingtech.com/separate-ringtone-notification-volume-android/
    said:

As you see, this feature had gone from Android many years ago and only Samsung and LG are still using it.
    However, you can always use third party app to separate notifications sounds. Volume Manager is one of them:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.hp.volume
    Edit: more information added

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021

SlackW_1993 likes this.
  9. N1619957966031 , via OnePlus Nord N100 , Oct 25, 2021 :
    Thank you at last something helpful.
    It does make you wonder why Samsung is one of the leading phone providers globally.

Just because Android have chosen to take this route, doesn't mean it's what consumers want. Its one of the many reasons I don't like android phones, and it's only because apple doesn't yet have the option of a dual SIM phone I'm forced to use Android.

If you want to compete in the global market you shouldn't offer less than your competitors. I'm certainly now looking at LG and Samsung as alternatives now, it's to much of an inconvenience and pain to download apps to do something so basic!

10. HoLeetihs
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 25, 2021

HoLeetihs , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 25, 2021 :
    You are right on this. I also would like to have this feature even it is currently not problem to me. I also don't want to use any third party system apps

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021

N1619957966031 likes this.