Notification sounds takes over any existing sound playing in the background. via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. sshah93
    Donut Oct 25, 2021

sshah93 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 25, 2021 :
    When a notification is received it does a beep like notification sound which I like. Although I like the sound I don't like how it will always interrupt all other existing audio in the background, this also seems to happen when I am on a phone call and because of it I would often miss what someone says.

This is a frustrating flaw, especially since Android has a tendency to spam notifications atm. Please fix this issue by either:

1) Blending the notification sound with the existing audio where the existing audio's volume is slightly reduce while the notification tone is played.

2) auto ignore notification sounds when another app is playing an audio, and instead like the new gaming mode 'text notification' option.

Thanks.

2. drl431
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator Oct 25, 2021

drl431 , Oct 25, 2021 :
    You can submit a suggestion to OnePlus via the feedback forum. Or if using the community app, tap the red + button and select feedback.

sshah93 and Artemus like this.
  3. sshah93
    Donut Oct 25, 2021

That is what I did right? I made this post by clicking the red plus button on the community app

4. JanLuck.Pincard
    Jelly Bean Oct 25, 2021

JanLuck.Pincard , Oct 25, 2021 :
    I might have a working solution for you.
    The Alert slider. ( above the power button )
    Simply shift it to Vibrate when you are listening to music or take a call. ;-)

And another option that works only for headphones.

In the sounds menu go to mixer menu then settings (the cobwheel)
    Then select Headphone modus menu.
    Here whithin notification ringtone you have three options for notification/ringtone sound.
    1. Only in soundmode
    2. Always
    3. Never

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021

sshah93 and Artemus like this.
  5. Artemus
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator Oct 25, 2021

Artemus , Oct 25, 2021 :
    No, the button has two functions: create a thread and submitting feedback.

drl431 and sshah93 like this.
  6. sshah93
    Donut Oct 25, 2021

Thank you, I do use the side alert slider now as a solution. But just wanted to raise the issue as its not something I always remember to do or can do when taking calls or just listening to stuff while the phone is left at rest.

7. sshah93
    Donut Oct 25, 2021

Yes, I realised I had to raise it as a feedback which I have done so now. Thank you.

Artemus likes this.