Notification vibration issue after 9.5.9 update.

1. Blistering.1 Donut Jul 10, 2019

Blistering.1, Jul 10, 2019 :
    Vibration is not working post update, whenever there is an message or notification from any app, the phone triggers a short haptic buzz, not the proper vibration.
    The issue is still even after clearing the cache.

2. RePaRaQu Honeycomb Jul 10, 2019

3. Abruzini Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

Abruzini, Jul 10, 2019 :
    Although it's not a bug, it's a bad configuration at oxygenos level. In the latest update (9.5.9) oneplus devs changed the haptic feedback and it seams that they turned by software a excellent vibration motor in a very weak and definitely not good enough.

4. Logancd1 Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 10, 2019

Logancd1, Jul 10, 2019 :
    Report a bug: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

RePaRaQu likes this.
  5. dhawal.d7 Gingerbread Jul 11, 2019

dhawal.d7, Jul 11, 2019 :
    absolutely...the new update has made the motor too weak. cant even notice calls and notifications if the device is in pocket and on strong vibration intensity.

6. Abruzini Gingerbread Jul 15, 2019

Abruzini, Jul 15, 2019 :
    An update on this: Today, I received a message from bug hunter team saying that the product team will redesign the vibration patterns. (I'm in contact with them since the update, giving feedback, etc)
    Also, they said the vibration will change to how it worked in previous version in next update.

Conclusion: Oneplus is listening our feedback.

TomekDarda and RePaRaQu like this.
  7. TomekDarda Froyo Jul 17, 2019

TomekDarda, Jul 17, 2019 :
    And with the update 9.5.10 (rolling out right now) it seems to be fixed :) The vibration seems to be even stronger than before the 9.5.9, but maybe it's just placebo. Anyway we're back to proper haptic strong vibration for notifications.

Abruzini likes this.
  8. Abruzini Gingerbread Jul 17, 2019

Abruzini, Jul 17, 2019 :
    No, it's not placebo.
    A member of the bug hunters team told me in a message that oneplus devs would revert back the changes on haptic feedback in the next update. The "next update" is 9.5.10.
    They promised, they delivered. It's oneplus listening to the community feedback (me, you and several other users that gave feedback)
    Lets wait for possible future changes to the haptic feedback and the way it works. One possible good way is to be possible to set a custom vibration feedback at system level, like what we can do with calls (dzz-dzz, dzz-da, mm-mm, etc) or something like that.

TomekDarda likes this.
  9. TomekDarda Froyo Jul 18, 2019

TomekDarda, Jul 18, 2019 :
    I know it is not placebo that it is fixed. What I meant was wondering if it is stronger than pre 9.5.9 (which was already ok). And I think it is. Loving this community, never settle!

Abruzini likes this.
  10. Abruzini Gingerbread Jul 18, 2019

Abruzini, Jul 18, 2019 :
    Sorry, I misunderstood what you said.

But... Thinking about it now, the moment I received the notification from community app about your reply, I felt very easily the haptic feedback, and it's configured in medium strength. Probably they decided to "unleash" a little more the excellent haptic/vibration motor... :cool: So, if it is too much for someone the solution is just change it to light, if it's too soft to other person the solution is set it to strong. Win/win from oneplus, in my opinion. :D