Other Notifications issues on Nougat?

1. F_Timotius_RS_Djohan_Fhj
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2017

2. @nkit2259
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2017

3. G_Gregory_Armenia_Xdlj
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2017

G_Gregory_Armenia_Xdlj , Feb 26, 2017 :
    You need to go into your app manager and manage the Google app data. You have to clear the data. This will resolve your downloading issue with Play Store regards Samsung Galaxy S7 nougat beta team number

4. nitinmehta96
    Eclair Feb 26, 2017

5. G_Alex_Sandulescu_xpuE
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2017

6. MotasemBT
    Eclair Mar 1, 2017

MotasemBT , Mar 1, 2017 :
    i found a solution for this and tested works
    open setting - battery - on right press on the three dots - aggressive doze & app hibernation
    then check the apps you want to receive in time notification like " whatsapp , facebook , messenger , line )
    that's it .

7. muggi
    Froyo Mar 7, 2017

muggi , Mar 7, 2017 :
    nope, that's no solution here :) I don't use aggressive doze at all (before I hardreseted I actually used it - same problem) and I still don't get any sound when a WhatsApp message arrives. happy with the OnePlus 3t somehow, but these are the well known problems here (standby battery drain, bad mic quality in Hangout, Skype and WhatsApp and the notification thingy). please OnePlus, do something. or let us know that you are at least aware of this stuff.

8. TotoroDan
    Cupcake Mar 7, 2017

9. geo07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 7, 2017

geo07 , Mar 7, 2017 :
    Same with my WeChat and Yahoo mail, I don't even have a counter on these apps...

10. joshuro
    Donut Mar 7, 2017

11. muggi
    Froyo Mar 8, 2017

muggi , Mar 8, 2017 :
    just check the message exactly above your post mate ;)

12. snixel
    Cupcake Mar 10, 2017

snixel , Mar 10, 2017 :
    Jup, same issue here. When no sound is selected in the app, led notifications are no longer working. Aggressive doze doesn't change anything

13. G_Joshua_Williamson_jRlx
    Cupcake Mar 19, 2017

G_Joshua_Williamson_jRlx , Mar 19, 2017 :
    I noticed that if the phone is not on silent or do not disturb my notifications show up and my notification light works. If the phone is on silent or do not disturb I am not notified at all, no drop down notification, no notification light.

14. dfree86
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2017

dfree86 , Apr 6, 2017 :
    This is precisely the problem I've been having Any luck?

15. Diwakar003
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2017

Diwakar003 , Apr 23, 2017 :
    I've had my share of issues with notifications in WhatsApp. This is what I found out; when I turn off sounds for message notifications in the notification settings, I don't receive any notifications in notification bar. Once I choose any sound for message notifications, the notifications work perfectly in notification tray. I don't like a notification tone being played every time I receive a WhatsApp message. The same setting works perfectly in my Nexus 5 and OP2, though both are in Marshmallow. Is there any workaround for this?

Cheers!

16. sanjeetdhanjal
    Donut Apr 24, 2017

17. Abushama.shadi
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2017

18. Hamsterboy
    Donut Apr 24, 2017

Hamsterboy , Apr 24, 2017 :
    I've been having issues with notifications since the first Nougat update.

I believe that this is a Doze issue, certainly in my case, as the first few notifications from an app have no notifications or just a weirdly 'truncated' notification noise. After the first few they then start coming through as normal, but the process then repeats after notifications stop.

This is only affecting non system apps, such as Twitter, Facebook etc.....

I believe that despite me turning off aggressive and normal doze it is still working in the background and preventing the correct behaviour of notifications!

19. blissfulPvll
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2017

blissfulPvll , Apr 24, 2017 :
    I do not believe mine is a Doze issue. I am not getting notifications for gmail accounts and they are not listed as an option to add under the unmonitored apps. When I open gmail, it looks almost as if it is syncing upon open. I've verified that sync is on.

I also have an any.do app (connected through Alexa) that stopped syncing after the upgrade. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still verifying.

OK Google stopped working as well. I have reset it but it seems to be intermittent.

Gmail is certainly the most critical for me and I hesitate to uninstall and reinstall the multiple accounts and connected apps.

20. zorkor
    Gingerbread May 19, 2017

zorkor , May 19, 2017 :
    This is a complete joke. How many times I didn't receive my Gmail notifications and saw that I was expected to reply to an important email a week ago while logging to my Gmail on PC.

This is a grave bug in the phone which needs to be addressed immediately. I need to manually check my gmail for new emails all the time. I feel like I am using 90's Nokia phone where you had to check for new emails manually all the time.