[Submitted] Notifications on Ambient display

1. M457ERM1ND
    Donut Jan 7, 2019

M457ERM1ND , Jan 7, 2019 :
    Title Notifications on Ambient display
    Device OnePlus6T Software Version O2 Stable 181226
    Topic Suggestion
    Photos
    Feature Needed Background Description When you receive a new notification, it shows its preview on the ambient display. After that, all the unread notifications will be showing their icons in color. The icons will be pulsing with brightness on the screen until the user views the notifications or unlocks the device. The frequency of showing the icons on the ambient display would depend on the behaviour of the most important notification.
    Any other comments
    Since there is no LED for notifications on the OP6T I suggest a another way of showing them without turning the screen on.
    Right now, when there comes a new notification, a preview of it pops up on the screen.
    My idea is to make all the notification which already popped up show regularly on the screen until the user views them.
    Basically, icon of each unread notification will be pulsing (showing itself in color) on the screen.

dermot33 likes this.
  2. dermot33
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 7, 2019

dermot33 , Jan 7, 2019 :
    Would like to see this also ,A solution from OnePlus implemented in Software that can give us the equivalent of led notifications.Being a develepor mmyself I don't think it would be too difficult to implement. I'm not sure about Android development,but is it possible to wake up part of the screen intermittently.Or could wake up the whole screen and only show a led color somewhere, not showing anything else such as fingerprint or clock.You guys(OnePlus) have already come up with some of the best SW features bout there so I think you guys got this one if you tried

M457ERM1ND likes this.