Battery/Charging NOUGAT DRAINS 3T BATTERY. even with oxygen OS 4.0.1

1. F_Aakash_Choudhary_qqJo
    Froyo Jan 10, 2017

sdeeks, Vladimir02 and Safiullah Khan like this.
  2. Hurtz2P
    Eclair Jan 10, 2017

Hurtz2P , Jan 10, 2017 :
    I second this - Absolutely disgusting battery draw. Drove into work and in 30 minutes went from 100% to 72% - battery says will be dead in 5 hours. Prior to the update would be at 50%+ on my drive home. (OnePlus 3)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017

3. CyberWuff
    Donut Jan 10, 2017

CyberWuff , Jan 10, 2017 :
    With the first Bug Nougat update, the Battery was Great. Much better then before. But yesterday I Installed the ~38mb Hotfix for Nougat and the Battery drain started!!!! My Phone is empty in 8 hours. And i so nothing with it. Is it possible to uninstall the Hotfix?? It was sooooo Great with the big Update. It all happens with my OP3

4. kyoo
    Gingerbread Jan 11, 2017

kyoo , Jan 11, 2017 :
    count me in as another experiencing huge battery drain with the op3t nougat update. stark contrast after just being on mm/os3.5x. cleared cache and do factory reset as I always do. all apps & settings exactly the same. any ideas?

5. Kiran.a.joseph
    Jelly Bean Jan 11, 2017

Kiran.a.joseph , Jan 11, 2017 :
    can you please post some screenshots of battery stats?

6. kyoo
    Gingerbread Jan 12, 2017

kyoo , Jan 12, 2017 :
    not now but i will later. Android system is the highest battery user, followed by screen and Android os, which are tied.

mhamini likes this.
  7. robertp5072
    Froyo Jan 12, 2017

robertp5072 , Jan 12, 2017 :
    Yes it's draining. My phone does not last all day. I'm not even on it all day. Maybe they should have waited until they fixed that.:mad:

8. kyoo
    Gingerbread Jan 12, 2017

S TABASSUM likes this.
  9. Cyrus94
    Cupcake Jan 12, 2017

Cyrus94 , Jan 12, 2017 :
    that is my question too

10. alejandrojdf
    Froyo Jan 25, 2017

alejandrojdf , Jan 25, 2017 :
    Hi all,

I have the same problem too, the battery drains too fast and the phone temperature is warm all the time. Factory reset and cache wipe did not solve the problem.
    I have checked the battery stats and "Android System", "Google Play Services" and "Android SO" are draining most of the battery all the time. "Inactive phone" also is taking a big chunk.

Thanks.

11. omarmallat
    Eclair Jan 25, 2017

12. Lugi07
    Eclair Jan 25, 2017

Lugi07 , Jan 25, 2017 :
    Hey guys!

With Android Marshmallow I had a SOT of not less than 6 hours on my OnePlus 3T (even though proximity sensor, gestures etc. were activated).

Then I made the Nougat Update and the battery life got really worse. I had a SOT of 3-4 hours.

Then I read all the threads and I made some changes:

1) I activated Doze
    2) I activated aggressive Doze
    3) I deactivated gestures
    4) I deactivated the proximity sensor
    5) I wiped the cache
    6) I deactivated GPS, NFC, Bluetooth
    7) I deactivated auto-start of apps
    8) I use the dark theme
    9) I use dark wallpaper
    10) I activated the option "reduce data consumption"
    11) now I use the Gboard instead of SwiftKey
    12) I deactivated the Google search app
    13) I deactivated auto-update of the Google Play Store
    14) I deactivated Google Books, Google Music etc.
    15) I uninstalled the Facebook app and now I use an alternative app for Facebook, which is more energy-saving

And after all of this now I have a SOT of 5 hours. So I considered every advice I found in your helpful threads (thx guys!) and I still do not get the same SOT as before - and you have to consider that none of these options were activated before!

I can say I tried everything and I am convinced, the update made the battery life worse.

If you have any other advice for me, I would be very grateful.

Thx in advance!

Best regards from Austria.

BALJEETSINGH007 likes this.
  13. BALJEETSINGH007
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2017

BALJEETSINGH007 , Mar 4, 2017 :
    I've bought a brand new one plus 3t recently and it immediately asked for the update!I wanted to dabble in OS 3.5 so I did wait for a week to and then later upgraded to nougat .
    But it feels like downgrade to me.
    I have to worry and keep an eye on my battery life .
    Everyone hates doing that.
    I can barely squeeze 5 hours of SOt with all the features off.
    I hope the One plus team can take care of this!

TTKeong likes this.
  14. Troglobitten
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2017

Troglobitten , Mar 4, 2017 :
    I have noticed that my battery life got a lot worse after the latest update. Apparently the biggest drain is wifi. It is constantly draining battery even with the screen off. If you configure wifi to only be on when charging or when the screen is on, the battery life becomes a lot better. But I dislike having the wifi off with screen off.

yashp29 likes this.
  15. P.Rahul
    Eclair Mar 4, 2017

P.Rahul , Mar 4, 2017 :
    same here battery drains fast and camera also very bad after taking pictures if I zoom photo pixels are becoming blur

16. yashp29
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2017

yashp29 , Mar 4, 2017 :
    the battery drains like anything when I use my WiFi, it stays fine with mobile data, what should I do?

17. S TABASSUM
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2017

S TABASSUM , Mar 4, 2017 :
    company really needs to come with some good response ...to how to fix this issues.... after upgrading the phone to nougat version...... I am really looking forward to company's help... and I have full faith on thm....

mhamini likes this.
  18. Harirathore
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2017

19. yashp29
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2017

yashp29 , Mar 4, 2017 :
    it completely sucks mate, I slept with a 50% charge keeping my WiFi on, the next morning the phone was already dead with no battery

20. G_dineshshankar_raj_wmpY
    Donut Mar 5, 2017