Nova Launcher

1. markgranto
    Honeycomb Dec 8, 2015

markgranto , Dec 8, 2015 :
    Saw that google play had this launcher going cheap (GBP £0.10) so thought i'd give it a bash, heard loads about it over the years but never actually used it that much.

Seems to work well bug a few lags and not sure its functioning much better than the oxygen launcher.

Has a wealth of optimisations that the oxygen version is lacking, but anyone else tested it out and had any issues?

Any tips?

ratification likes this.
  2. raimis05
    Donut Dec 8, 2015

raimis05 , Dec 8, 2015 :
    I am happy with Nova launcher, a lot of hemes and skins. Highly recomended

mopsert, ratification and markgranto like this.
  3. Tokolozi
    Marshmallow Dec 8, 2015

mopsert, GioMez, Dougrunge and 4 others like this.
  4. tobias14
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 8, 2015

tobias14 , Dec 8, 2015 :
    this is one of the best launchers out there
    fast as hell, tons of options, updated regularly

am using it on my OPT since day one I got the phone

GBP £0.10 is a bargain

mopsert, markgranto and Tokolozi like this.
  5. markgranto
    Honeycomb Dec 8, 2015

installed the TeslaUnread add on but seems a bit temperamental and crashed loads of times. Any alternatives as i quite like the idea behind it.

also having issues with the outlook android app (for anyone else that uses that) through the nova launcher, going to try reinstalling it. Keeps opening and not showing any emails unless i click load more messages, and then hangs.

6. Deactivated User
    Dec 8, 2015

khaniq likes this.
  7. Eshan_Anand
    Jelly Bean Dec 8, 2015

Eshan_Anand , Dec 8, 2015 :
    unread counter is working fine for me , i have enabled it for calls, messages, whatsapp n fb
    instead of outlook app configure your outlook mail in gmail itself, personally dont like outlook app

markgranto and Tokolozi like this.
  8. markgranto
    Honeycomb Dec 8, 2015

Enabled and working fine for texts, calls, whatsapp and gmail....although after opening one or the other the icons in the notification bar seem to stay there delayed for a few seconds before vanishing, that doesn't happen with oxygen.

I have my work exchange email syncing via gmail and use outlook for my personal. It was prooving a pain the backside to have both running on gmail, notfications etc.Like to keep it separate. Outlook has had a major update recently and works much better.

9. matija646
    Jelly Bean Dec 8, 2015

matija646 , Dec 8, 2015 :
    trust me, nova is one of the best launchers out there
    i am using it for 3 years now, and i am more then happy with every moment i use it
    customization, options and so on, makes it for sure one of the most reliable launchers out there
    not to mention that if you flash roms often, backup and restore option in it is a life saver, because after your apps are downloaded, simple restore backup, and you are back where you left from, with everything on the same place

i really can't use some other launcher now

10. markgranto
    Honeycomb Dec 8, 2015

yeah the fact i can back it up and restore with a new handset/rom etc is a massive plus for me.

so i take it once the apps are all restored and signed in nova just kicks back in with all the notifications and the like as before?

11. markgranto
    Honeycomb Dec 8, 2015

anyone had any battery issues when using it, maybe i've been playing about with it that much the battery has plummeted but was never this much a drop when on the oxygen launcher. Fully charged as of 11pm last night, picked back up at 7am about 98% and now (1130am here) 55%. Uusally get 2 days easily out the battery.

12. matija646
    Jelly Bean Dec 8, 2015

if i understood you right, you are asking if nova will bring back settings for applications and their notification settings ??
    if yes, then no, nova backup will restore only nova settings

13. markgranto
    Honeycomb Dec 8, 2015

Sorry yes and no. The tesla add on does it back that up to when backing up nova, or just purely the nova settings.

I realise that all the individual apps will needed set up and configured initially but wondered on the above really, sorry should have been clearer.

14. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Dec 8, 2015

ilovesoneplus , Dec 8, 2015 :
    Been using it on my G4 for while now & its great,very customizable,bought the prime for 10p :)

markgranto likes this.
  15. matija646
    Jelly Bean Dec 8, 2015

Don't know about that, since I only use base app and add on for buying the app

markgranto likes this.
  16. tobias14
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 8, 2015

tobias14 , Dec 8, 2015 :
    I used Nova on all the phones I owned and never experienced any battery issues
    battery drain caused by nova launcher is negligible

mopsert and markgranto like this.
  17. matija646
    Jelly Bean Dec 8, 2015

same here, never had any problem with battery drain which is caused by nova launcher, used it on 3 devices, on numerous roms (can't even tell how much since i flash and test regularly)

markgranto likes this.
  18. markgranto
    Honeycomb Dec 8, 2015

cheers, must be all the tinkering, and certainly in the battery menu doesn't show up using more than 1%

tobias14 likes this.
  19. ChiefIndica
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2015

ChiefIndica , Dec 8, 2015 :
    Tried so many launchers over the years but I always come crawling back to Nova because it's my jam.

20. PrajwalK
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2015

PrajwalK , Dec 9, 2015 :
    It's no where close to the buggy one plus default launcher.
    And what lag are you talking about?

mopsert likes this.