Now access the Shelf by swiping down, with the new Launcher V.4.5

1. joshdigit
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2020

joshdigit , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 22, 2020 :
    I wanna Discovery from left and Shelf from top. As on 8 Series.

2. gandalfatg
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2020

3. Uchiha Hunter
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2020

4. Iamsuniljinde
    Eclair Jun 23, 2020

5. p2p
    Honeycomb Jun 23, 2020

p2p , Jun 23, 2020 :
    I would prefer an "app library" or "more frequent apps" with that gesture.

6. X1559668864230 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 24, 2020 :
    I am one of those ppl asking for the comeback of SHELF.. I tried the beta version and ithe implementation is a disappointment.. The way u sacrificed one feature over the other isnt good.. phones are very long now a days and pull down gesture is mandatory for notifications and now replacing it with shelf may be good for shelf but it spoils the whole user experience..

best way to implement is to let user to choose between Discover feed and shelf where shelf originally was. ( left swipe)
    also to improve shelf take cues from ios14

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020

7. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 24, 2020 :
    They didn't "replace" anything. But swiping down from the top to access notifications and tiles makes that useage a bit harder.

I prefer getting Shelf or Discover via a left swipe too... Possible swiping twice to the left if they insist on keeping both on at the same time.

keithgpowell likes this.
  8. X1559668864230 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Jun 24, 2020 :
    They did not replace - agree, but we(users) as part of selection in settings choose between notification vs shelf.. ( dragging from top is a possibility but not preferred)

9. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 24, 2020

keithgpowell , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 24, 2020 :
    Agree! Or perhaps access by a dedicated single gesture? "S" for Shelf and "d" for Discover?

10. piyushsohal
    Cupcake Jun 25, 2020

11. shvats
    Cupcake Jun 25, 2020

12. E1577080915145
    Cupcake Jun 25, 2020

13. Omkar_Paranjape
    Donut Jun 25, 2020

14. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 25, 2020 :
    Use beta via play store. If this is compatible with Indian devices, since they already can access either Shelf or Discover, I don't really know.
    Personally I'd prefer the Indian solution. Or possible double left swipes to access both.

15. chrisjgill75
    Eclair Jun 25, 2020

16. Raidesnake88
    Donut Jun 26, 2020

Raidesnake88 , via OnePlus 8 , Jun 26, 2020 :
    I'm also in the boat of people thinking it's less convenient than the old way of accessing shelf.

I've gotten really used to pulling down for notifications and quick tiles, something I do dozens of times a day, and reaching for the top of the phone to do it the stock way isn't really feasible with one hand.

I know there are people who like discover, but I personally don't get any value out of it. I'd have to configure my Google account to know what I want to see and by default it just shows me political news, so I just turned the feature off. I think I'm happier only getting news when I go to look for it.

I think a more scalable way to design it would be to just have the option of multiple special purpose home screen tabs that can be individually turned on or off, like swiping once for discover and swiping again to get shelf if both are enabled for example. I don't know if that would be a lot more work, but I think it might make more people happy. Android's WearOS does this for Google fit data, weather and other stuff already and it seems pretty usable IMO.

17. Gertjan@
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2020

chrisjgill75 likes this.
  18. NiyasAhamed
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2020