Now access the Shelf by swiping down, with the new Launcher V.4.5

1. fra741
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2020

fra741 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 3, 2020 :
    I don't understand why this function is only available for the latest model, this morning I updated OnePlus Launcher on my OnePlus 7 pro but this function is not there, what is marketing ??? disappointed

surya11496 likes this.

2. NiyasAhamed
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2020

3. sohin.shah
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2020

sohin.shah , Jul 3, 2020 :
    What is logic to release this region wise?

surya11496 and EnnisEl_One+ like this.
  4. C1591947161109
    Donut Jul 3, 2020

C1591947161109 , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Its a shame this update has changed the app drawer font to grey in dark mode. Grey font on black background is not user friendly, so I've uninstalled this update.

5. Gillysixpence
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2020

6. EnnisEl_One+
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2020

7. ade0410
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 4, 2020

ade0410 , Jul 4, 2020 :
    It's for the 8 series only. They have the Google feed. This just allows them to access the shelf too by swiping down.

8. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 4, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 4, 2020 :
    The swipe down by itself is not new. Getting the possibility on 8 series to access Shelf via the same swipe and instead need to swipe from the top to access the other stuff... That is new. 8 series used to lack Shelf (India never lost it). Now all 8 series can get if back if wanted.

9. Ozymandias_Osiris
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2020

10. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 4, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 4, 2020 :
    There are people that don't even know there is a swipe down gesture from everywhere... They always swiped from the top to reach that.
    While not optimal....swiping from the top still exists and still gives you that.
    I still hope to get it available as an option just like Discover. But I don't see the swipe from the top as a major issue either.

Gillysixpence likes this.
  11. Gillysixpence
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2020

Gillysixpence , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 4, 2020 :
    Check that you have the swipe down from anywhere enabled in settings, then if you swipe from part way down the screen the shelf appears if enabled & right from the top for the notifications etc.

12. Ozymandias_Osiris
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2020

Ozymandias_Osiris , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Gillysixpence

Check that you have the swipe down from anywhere enabled in settings, then if you swipe from part way down the screen the shelf appears if enabled & right from the top for the notifications etc.

I always had that from the start ,getting used doing that never thought of doing it from the top, still is not convenient to me,I don't have a big hand and the way I set up my phone I can do everything with one hand ,so is annoying for me with one hand to go over to the top cause I can't reach it ,its too damn high for me ,I kind off wished they made it how samsung has it,from the sides.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020

13. Gillysixpence
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2020

Gillysixpence , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 5, 2020 :
    I hear ya, I have small hands too. I know its not ideal but I'm pretty sure there are apps that can give you notifications access from the bottom, might be a work around for now.

14. Lemillion , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Why so difference that too just for a simple feature. Hate Oneplus for providing different updates for different variants. Does this mean Oneplus wants us buy all their mobile phones to use different functionality. Doesn't make sense at all.

NiyasAhamed likes this.
  15. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 5, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Well... T-mobile insisted on Discover. Oneplus wanted Shelf on regular phones. "Everyone" complained about not having Discover. Oneplus gave it to 8 series everywhere but in India. Now when only having Discover many complain and want Shelf... Now they started with offering both on normal 8 phones. And more will come... As it is beta it may change before final form. Judging by the complaints on how it is brought back I can only guess a change will come.
    I personally prefer a regular Discover or Shelf toggle so you can choose from what you want when swiping from the left. I don't see it as a must to have both. Same news flow is still available on the Google app anyway...

surya11496 likes this.
  16. Ninoleb69
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2020

Ninoleb69 , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Okay real nice but why not let all oneplus phones do this. Its only a laucher update. I love android and oneplus but thats why ios does so well the update goes to all phones . With in reason.

17. Ozymandias_Osiris
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2020

Ozymandias_Osiris , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Vam15169

Okay real nice but why not let all oneplus phones do this. Its only a laucher update. I love android and oneplus but thats why ios does so well the update goes to all phones . With in reason.

Hmm ,lets not jump to Iphone does it better cause its not true ,each time the latest models will have some extra features compared to the previous ones even though those phones could also do that.Its really simple why they are doing that,they need to sell their newer phones.Besides on Android you have so many launchers that you can customize the way you want,something that you can't do on iphone. Even the new ios update will be more limited than what we can do on Android.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020

surya11496 likes this.
  18. Ninoleb69
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2020

Ninoleb69 , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 5, 2020 :
    I know how 3rd party launchers worked ive tries a few and no apple isnt totally better they have their flaws i know. Just not sure why some update just gontonthe newer phones whenit an update to the launcher they oneplus owns. Simple thats all.

19. Besserwisser91
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2020

Besserwisser91 , Jul 5, 2020 :
    I love the shelf, it's nice to put my calendar and my notes to it. Is it possible to also to choose between the shelf and the Google feed? I like to swipe right to get to the shelf, because with my swipe down I get to my notification bar at the top. I don't really need the Google feed.