Now access the Shelf by swiping down, with the new Launcher V.4.5

1. totohtcx
    Donut Jul 15, 2020

totohtcx , Jul 15, 2020 :
    Nice highlight of Shelf however for my part I do not use it, but I look forward to the integration of Discover from Google for 7T.

2. datluri
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2020

datluri , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 17, 2020 :

Albin1887

Never cared for Shelf. I have the latest update on my unlocked 7T but still no Google Now page option. Is that something you have to buy the new phone to have? Because that would be horrible.​

As of now...you do have to have a OnePlus 8 series device to access new shelf swipe settings and the Google discover is still in beta.

3. Vam15169
    Froyo Jul 19, 2020

4. krishna1000chand
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2020

5. JrTiwari
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2020

JrTiwari , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    That's a nice feature. I have a suggestions, the hidden app page should open with two fingers swipe instead of one finger swipe in the app shelf page. One finger swipe is easily accessible to any one like kids or lay man. More over we could further add a different password option to make that page more secure.

6. Oreo2201
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 20, 2020

7. Harsha_Vardhan_7
    Donut Jul 20, 2020

8. Yunusrg
    Froyo Jul 20, 2020

9. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 20, 2020 :
    I guess they need to start somewhere. Been waiting for this ever since I got my 7 Pro. The grid could even use 5x7 in my case. Still too much wasted space. Different phones could have different aspect ratio.
    Waiting on a better swipe option for Shelf too. Rather have it in the place of Discover or a double swipe in the same style of Discover.

10. Fodaem
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2020

Fodaem , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , Jul 20, 2020 :
    I got rid of my pixel after using my wife's Oneplus. I hated the Google feed over there telling me a bunch of stuff I had no use for( Kim Kardashian ate a cracker with peanut butter today.) Yay needed to know that. Got the op8 doesn't have shelf and the new launcher doesn't have shelf like others are saying. Mistakes were made switching. Back to my iPhone where I can swipe and see all the useful information I need.

11. aetasoul
    Donut Jul 29, 2020

aetasoul , via OnePlus Nord , Jul 29, 2020 :
    I think will be a good idea to add an option to customize the left swipe, so each user can select if show discover or shelf. The same logic could be applied to the top drop-down.

12. Fodaem
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2020

Fodaem , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I'd be happy if the swipe down access to shelf worked but for some reason my phone doesn't have the option to do that either.

13. G Jaswanth sai
    Donut Aug 4, 2020

G Jaswanth sai , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I am a student. I personally feel that shelf is really useful . I use it to place calender widgets that indicates my exam dates and to see my syllabus without even opening gallery by placing the jpg file as a widget.

Some people may also use it to "quickly add notes", quickly add a new contact and quick pay shortcuts etc.

Please dont disable shelf .

"No one wants to go settings everytime if they want to switch on wifi the quick notification toggle is must ".

For me it's better to keep them seperately.

Really shelf is important for some users please consider it.

14. yashwant24
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Aug 4, 2020

15. moloxli
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2020

moloxli , Oct 16, 2020 :
    I really miss the previous swipe right to access to the shelf. I need the swipe down for notifications!!

Omkar_Paranjape and luxuskamel like this.
  16. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 16, 2020 :
    You do know you can swipe down from the top right?
    Indian users on 8 series can select what they in the right swipe... Hope that arrives for all users.