Now access the Shelf by swiping down, with the new Launcher V.4.5

1. LavaDragon
    Eclair Jun 20, 2020

LavaDragon , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 20, 2020 :
    Yes, I like shelf, but only organization !! I like Google News Feed for tech news and brifing stuff, It really good that you can use both now !!

2. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Jun 20, 2020

Swejuggalo , Jun 20, 2020 :
    I just felt you kind of tried to put the blame on the wrong side... Or am I missing something?

"For a new device to be compliant with Google’s rules and provide Google services, OEMs need to include a minimum set of Google apps — or “Core apps” — at first boot. Over the years this list has evolved, and we now have the most recent list of required Google apps for Android 10 devices. Of course, as some of these apps may not be available in all countries, Google allows OEMs to not include them if that is the case.

• Google Play Store
    • Google Search
    • Chrome Browser
    • Google Drive
    • Gmail
    • Google Duo
    • Maps
    • Google Play Music
    • Google Photos
    • Google Play Movies
    • YouTube"
    https://9to5google.com/2019/10/07/default-apps-android-10-android-go/

An example of Pixel 4 pre-installed apps listed by T-mobile.

• Android Auto
    • Calculator
    • Calendar
    • Camera
    • Chrome
    • Clock
    • Contacts
    • Device Policy
    • Docs
    • Drive
    • Duo
    • Emergency information
    • Files
    • Gmail
    • Google
    • Google Fi
    • Google One
    • Google Pay
    • Keep Notes
    • Maps
    • Phone
    • Photos
    • Play Movies
    • Play Store
    • Podcasts
    • Settings
    • YouTube
    • YT Music
    https://www.t-mobile.com/support/de...xel-4-xl/pre-installed-apps-google-pixel-4-xl

So... Google kind of sets a standard via the Pixel phones even if all the apps are not forced on OEMs (but as mentioned SOME of them are).

So tell me, what do Oneplus do that is to terrible that is not a part of Android 10 or rollout by Google? A few attempts to create some own ideas and interesting features? Not everything can be desired by everyone. Game Space is highly debatable for some perhaps...especially the instant game addition ;)

I will not list the additions Samsung adds...might crash the forum ;)

Maybe I am missing a few smiles not seen in community app or something...sometimes I can't be sure of the level of seriousness :p

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  3. RobToms
    Eclair Jun 20, 2020

RobToms , via OnePlus 5T , Jun 20, 2020 :
    Bring to 5t possible and would that mean ,( yes going to say it ) the google integration ? with swipe right and oneplus shelf with downward suggestion, sounds nice well would be a much intergrated addition and maybe I'm not only one , is this something that's asked of often and if so with two types of responses this way would better the way OnePlus is moving forward , thanks for listening, stay safe and thanks for continuing to work, best wishes guys

4. AbidUlKamal
    Eclair Jun 20, 2020

bjorg18 likes this.
  5. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jun 20, 2020 :
    Not to the point, but still. Do you as well have a problem with the community app, being unable to jump to a new line after the recent update? It just pisses me off, as I don't wanna use the website.

6. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 20, 2020 :
    Revert to 3.3.6... 3.3.7 sucks

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  7. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2020

8. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 20, 2020 :
    I have reported both via feedback and via mail with details on the behavior. Editing the same text and it works. Writing pm and it works. Report issues and it also works. Writing posts or reply to a post however...

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  9. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , via OnePlus 3T , Jun 20, 2020 :
    Exactly, I also noticed that one can no more send emoji, the "home - forums - social - profile" buttons went up AGAIN, and I hate the double line notifications in the social page, despite seeing the thread name now.

10. malidan
    Nougat Jun 20, 2020

malidan , Jun 20, 2020 :

I am fully aware of Googles ever expanding Core apps, trying to cover all the popular bases. But it is still bloat, most people do not use a fair percentage of them, didn't ask for them and can not remove them.

You seem to be running off on some tangent, bloat is bloat no matter how you try to dress is up. (as defined by Stock android fanboys)
    OP fanboys love talking about bloated OS's as their count keeps growing and Oems produce more speed and features from their OS's.
    STILL no AOD in 2020 but they find time to add bloat. :rolleyes:
    Shelf
    Instant Games
    Game launcher
    Zen mode
    Is Netflix still a thing?
    Etc, etc, etc

I'm gomna leave you with this

If anyone has the sheer weight of users behind them to stop their apps and features from being considered as bloat, it's Samsung.
    That hypocrisy thing will always bite you in the a.. everytime. ;):rolleyes:

I see Google are trying to add Bixbys deep reaching os functionality to Android 11.
    Thats after they tried to add Samsungs
    Smart Stay along with hand control gestures, I could easily add a long and distinguished list of Samsung bloat added to Android source code over the years
    Samsung bloat, don't you just love it. 😂😂😂

Atanu Maji likes this.
  11. malidan
    Nougat Jun 20, 2020

malidan , Jun 20, 2020 :
    Adding to a growing list of bloat that fanboys are trying to deny.
    Sorry but i have to run Zen Mode is about to take over my device and tell me I'm so stupid and that it will not allow me to use it for 20 mins.:rolleyes:

12. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 21, 2020

keithgpowell , via OnePlus 3T , Jun 21, 2020 :
    That's OK. You must be trying to turn over a new leaf - giving more time to motor cycle maintenance? ;0)

13. worm_guard
    Eclair Jun 21, 2020

worm_guard , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 21, 2020 :
    I dont get it. You vring back the feature, but to use it you overlap another useful feature which is to swipe down for the quick toggles. Its like takihg one step forwwrd but two steps back

bjorg18 likes this.
  14. Drunk_af
    Eclair Jun 21, 2020

15. DeeJaaWoo
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2020

DeeJaaWoo , Jun 21, 2020 :
    So? Shelf was always there on the left ... there was no reason for it to come from the top...
    Rather than focusing on newer tech ... OP is going backwards.

Atanu Maji likes this.
  16. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 21, 2020 :
    The reason for it to go to the top was due to being launched WITHOUT Shelf and with Discover instead on 8 series. They did not MOVE it i the true way (old Shelf only devices are not affected). They READDED it on devices not having Shelf at all (currently only affecting 8 series).

Removing Shelf was a bad idea. Some want Shelf. Some want Discover. I think many want to choose what to use. But use both this way? Not sure so many want that. If it were possible I rather disable Discover and swipe from the left to open Shelf again. Discover fans would do the same. Just swipe from the left for Discover.

In the meny were you enable Shelf/Discover just make it 3 options. 1. Disabled 2. Shelf 3. Discover. That would be the optimal if you ask me.

Currently if you want Shelf you need to make it slightly harder to access Notifications and quick settings tiles. Some incorrectly interpit it as you must choose one of them... but it's still accessible with swipe from the top.

keithgpowell likes this.
  17. Achman
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2020

18. Achman and Artemus. like this.
  19. Vam15169
    Froyo Jun 22, 2020

20. joshdigit
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2020