Now I regret buying this OPX

1. vedangpandya
    Froyo Sep 16, 2016

vedangpandya , Sep 16, 2016 :
    FYI, Samsung Galaxy SIII released in Sep.2012 is VOLTE updated. There is a full list of Samsung 4G phones which were released way back couple of years but still provided VOLTE via update or inbuilt. Almost all Samsung 4G phones are now VOLTE enabled.

2. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Sep 16, 2016

Tokolozi , Sep 16, 2016 :
    Funny you mention the s3 I have one here and it is a 4g model, it is not Volte capable and hasn't received an update in 3 years.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016

demomercury likes this.
  3. script
    Moderator Moderator Sep 16, 2016

script , Sep 16, 2016 :
    Moderators close threads that don't add any value to the community.

Tokolozi likes this.
  4. Tokolozi

Your thread was a joke and didn't deserve to be open, it violated terms of the forum and thus was closed.

5. vedangpandya
    Froyo Sep 16, 2016

Your SGSIII might be older one which was released in May-June, 2012. And Galaxy SIII which was released in Sept, 2012 is 4G & VOLTE enabled.

6. Tokolozi

Nope it's a later model, the may-june did not have 4g here. The one I have has 4g but is not volte enabled.

7. vedangpandya
    Froyo Sep 16, 2016

Please check this:

"The S III was the first smartphone to support Voice Over LTE with the introduction of HD Voice service in South Korea.[73] The phone enables video calling with its 1.9 MP front-facing camera, and with support for the aptX codec, improves Bluetooth-headset connectivity.[74] Texting on the S III does not embody any new significant features from the S II. Speech-to-text is aided by the Vlingo and Google's voice-recognition assistant. Not unlike other Android devices, there are a multitude of third-party typing applications available that could complement the S III's stock keyboard.[75]"

From Wikipedia
    (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III)

You can check from above link

8. TarunT
    Froyo Sep 16, 2016

9. Tokolozi

10. TarunT
    Froyo Sep 16, 2016

TarunT , Sep 16, 2016 :
    At least now to me Samsung seems to be giving better uodates than oneplus.

J5 last year model got mm update and volte .
    Launched way before oneplusx

vedangpandya likes this.
  11. Tokolozi

And I'd expect them to since they're the largest android manufacturer, just in my experience they drop most phones after one major updates (L-M)

12. TarunT
    Froyo Sep 16, 2016

TarunT , Sep 16, 2016 :
    F
    4 tab 3 they provided 3 major updates

I mean i always heard the Samsung is worst with updates ,, and all tech channel people said oneplus is good with it..
    But it seems to be wrong

I might be wrong but as far as my experience go only uodates oneplus provided for OnePlus x qas fixs if bugs which should not he there in first place.

And thier updates broke more that fix

13. Tokolozi

But this is certainly not the case on most their devices, my note got 1 major update, the and even then it introduced more issues then features. But you maybe have had another experience with them. If they're so great you should have probably stayed with them instead.

14. TarunT
    Froyo Sep 16, 2016

TarunT , Sep 16, 2016 :
    I moved 2 moto devices but still have. Onplus x . No one ready to buy it cause its not volte enabled and no point of selling it for less amount.

Oneplus x is still waiting go 1 big upgrade which was announced last year. And still we have community built . And we all know it won't be stable.
    Its okay oneplus x is not getting Android n because hardware dont support it.
    But why not small volte when they promised in last dec. ( There support said it..) or atleast it waa raised as a request since they seem to be listening to community.they acknowledged the request also i mean thier support

So they are just another company

Its not about who is great .
    Its about the hype which was created in and arounds updates. And they promise onething and deliver nothing.

Dont get mad fanboys and oneplus should admit it they are late and failed.

15. vedangpandya
    Froyo Sep 16, 2016

Samsung is providing atleast One OS Upgrade then but what OP provides?
    Do you think OPX will get LP>MM>N. I don't feel so.
    Don't you expect a Flagship Killer company to provide VOLTE? Forget about OS upgrade.

16. Tokolozi

I don't expect N for the X since qualcomm ins't supporting it anymore. I do however expect M after the community build is over.

17. vedangpandya
    Froyo Sep 16, 2016

You are perfectly right.
    From the scenario I can feel that OP doesn't care about anything except OP3.
    This must will ruin their image. I was also thinking that they have considerably small team but now I really feel they dont even bother.
    Foolish to say users to use JIOJOIN app instead of providing native support.

Debangshu kumar likes this.
  18. vedangpandya
    Froyo Sep 16, 2016

I do agree, upgrade to N is not possible for them but whatever is possible is also not being provided.

19. TarunT
    Froyo Sep 16, 2016

TarunT , Sep 16, 2016 :

Fine because of Qualcomm we are not getting n . But volte harware is there why we are not getting volte from last 10 months?

Debangshu kumar likes this.
  20. vedangpandya
    Froyo Sep 16, 2016

I just want to tell you guys that VOLTE is essential feature of 4G technology. If you are not providing it means you are wasting hardware resources which is more than capable for it.