Now I see why android l is postponed..

1. Andoenay
    Gingerbread Feb 18, 2015

Andoenay , Feb 18, 2015 :
    Its because everyone has all sorts of different issues, they don't know where to start. People say the latest update is good, some say its rubbish, some have Bluetooth issues, touch issues, screen not responding, double tap wake issues, keyboard issues, audio issues, battery issues. Its all over the place.
    Why is it you think issues are so scattered? I honestly, don't have a problem with any of the issues listed except maybe the doubletap. What you have to do is literally double tap and wait a second or two. Like, no more of those quick triple light touch to turn screen on anymore.
    What I did after the update is, reboot my phone once more due to my experience last update, my phone autorestarted.
    I think I have a bit better or same battery life as well. Everything is working fine. I hope y'all can come to an agreement somehow so we can give opo/cyanogen some confidence to release lollipop sooner.
    Check your apps, make sure nothing of the unusual is running in the background, check screen on time.
    I'm just tired of waiting for android l since release date and tired of people complaining of such issues I don't have.. Did oneplus really not make the same copies of opo and made some different? Idk what the deal is but cmon, let's just encourage them go release 5.0 already.
    And to the people who say they rather wait another month or two and get a stable version of it, you're settling.

2. sh3llshock
    KitKat Feb 18, 2015

3. EpicSwirly
    Feb 18, 2015

EpicSwirly , Feb 18, 2015 :
    I'm running a cm12 nightly and have not experienced any problems. The only thing that is not the same is just the lack of some features.

Andoenay likes this.
  4. fenice
    KitKat Feb 18, 2015

fenice , Feb 18, 2015 :
    It's currently in certification, it will be release when it passes that.

Andoenay likes this.
  5. Andoenay
    Gingerbread Feb 18, 2015

Andoenay , Feb 18, 2015 :
    Do I need to root to get nightly? I found the site for zip files. Also, will I be able to get official ota? Do I need to wipe out my phone every time? Sorry, I never did this before. Care to help?

6. EpicSwirly
    Feb 18, 2015

Here is a good place to start: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/instruction-cm12-nightlies-official.229824/

Before you do anything please research and make sure you know what you're doing. I'm kinda new to this so I'm not much help but that thread is what I used. And as always you are responsible for what you do to your phone.

7. Linanc7
    Lollipop Feb 18, 2015

Linanc7 , Feb 18, 2015 :
    Every single update has been like this ranging from no problems to total mess. My theory, and its just a theory, is that the closer you are to stock the more compatible the update.

8. NLxRoyal
    Jelly Bean Feb 18, 2015

Cobrin likes this.
  9. EpicSwirly
    Feb 18, 2015

Yes exactly. That's why Motorola phones got lollipop quickly, they're basically stock android.

10. B4kken
    Lollipop Feb 18, 2015

B4kken , Feb 18, 2015 :
    There's a 1000+ threads with this exact purpose so you're not making a difference. And it's not settling, it's accepting that it's software and if it's in the process of Goolge Certification there's nothing CM can do to speed up the process. I run cm12 without any issues at the moment.

Also, the different bugs can be due to instalation issues that differ between users. that's pretty hard to predict and do anything about. If you doubt me I'm sure you'll find spread out issues on other devices too.

11. Cobrin
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 18, 2015

Cobrin , Feb 18, 2015 :
    I'll probably stay on 44s till LP comes, and if it's not as good as we're led to believe; reliable stable then I'd jump to the next best custom rom and stay with it. After about a month we all should have a good idea on the job done.

I'm currently having the best possible run on 44s, something you'd expect/hope to have so I'm happy to stay put till then.