[NSFW] You maybe have missed the Sandstone feel experience!

?

Do you think you have a "real" Sandstone One ? [no matter which batch]

1. Yeah, for sure, it's sandpaper!

76 vote(s)
    55.1%
  2. Nope, it's definitely sanded down "Sandstone"..

55 vote(s)
    39.9%
  3. I don't f*** with Sandstone, I got a Silk One

8 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. Me please india specific invite

14 vote(s)
    10.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Toulouse
    KitKat Mar 4, 2015

Toulouse , Mar 4, 2015 :
    The [NSFW] tag is to call attention :D

Hello everyone,

As many of you may know me, I'm definitely a StyleSwap "fanboy". I mean that when I find a new StyleSwap leak, I feel compelled to know (almost) everything about it. So about 25 days ago, since I sent my one for RMA, I was prepared to don't have the Cyanogen logo anymore on my back cover, so I decided to buy another one from a chinese seller (a Sandstone black cover with Cyanogen logo).

So, when you see this picture, do you see any difference between these both "Sandstone" battery cover, except the Cyanogen mod logo? I don't see any difference.

[​IMG]

Yesterday, I received it, and the first thing that got me labeled was the feel. Indeed, my actual back cover and the replacement one sent by OnePlus support (both are exactly the same, without CM logo) are much rougher than the one I received. Actually, it's almost the same feel as the Obsidian Black version, since I already touched one.

That did surprise me, and reminded me of something: the first time I touched the Sandstone back of the OnePlus One. It was on November, 18th 2014. According to some reviewers, I was expect to get a back cover who has the same feel of sandpaper, but I received my One with a "peach skin" feel. I first thought it was the normal Sandstone back and that the reviewers just described it as they feel it.

Here you can see a picture of these battery cover, side by side. The one on the left is the "real" Sandstone, who feels like sandpaper, and the right one is the "Obsidian" one, who just feel like peach skin. I even brought these two shells in college to ask my friends, and they have confirmed to me also, they do not have the same feel.

[​IMG]

I still can't see any difference lol, but according to @Vindicatum 's thread, you can see a slighty difference between both: the obsidian is "supposed" to be actually more gray/less "grainier", as you can see on the following picture:

[​IMG]

I don't know who, but an early forum member told me that the back cover were getting smoother and smoother, from the first batch to the third one (the one with big fat logos and the cyanogen logo). I'm sure that this person was right.

I'm now supposed to have a Obsidian black with cm logo (see my another thread about all existing StyleSwaps, I'm reffering to the International Obsidian black version.

So, trust me or nah, but I'm pretty sure that at least 50% of peoples on this forum missed the real Sandstone experience, wich is muuuch rougher than the third batch Sandstone back cover (So I had two 3rd batch cover = big logos + cyanogen , and both seems to have the Obsidian feel).

Please let me know If you think you received (Day 1, the back may lose his feel since the time you got it) an Obsidian-like/Peach skin feel, or simply a Sandstone back, wich feels like sandpaper (I personnaly got two 4th batch of these too, and they got the same feel as sandpaper) by answering to the poll.

I know that this thread can be difficult to understand, since my english is still shitty, but I really hope you'll get it lol, sorry for all grammatical mistakes I may did [[ anti grammar-nazi shield ]]

Thanks,

@SoniaB I tag you cause I know I'll get a free like
    @gmo8492 Cause you know lots of thing about styleswap too
    @Oneplusindia Cause I'm pretty sure you already begged for an invite

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016

2. S0bek
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 4, 2015

3. SoniaB
    Head Moderator; Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Mar 4, 2015

SoniaB , Mar 4, 2015 :
    Mine's has the Cyanogen label, but the back is smoother than the earlier ones. A friend got hers from 3rd party seller :)() back in August and hers does feel rougher than mine

BTW - you got the like because I liked your post ;)

4. Toulouse
    KitKat Mar 4, 2015

Toulouse , Mar 4, 2015 :
    Thank's for your 'feedback' (and for the like :p) ! :) Since you joined Dec, 4th I'm pretty sure that you got the third batch back cover? (I mean the same as the first photo), right?

gmo8492 and keithnyc like this.
  5. SoniaB

SoniaB , Mar 4, 2015 :
    Yes - that is correct.- though I don't know about my friend's batch. She bought in August but I think the OPO was used as opposed to being sold as new.

Jael Pendragon, keithnyc and Toulouse like this.
  6. EmmaWATTson

EmmaWATTson , Mar 4, 2015 :
    Mine (with cm logo) is not as rough now but I got it since July.I'll get the silk white in a few days of ebay and when OP finally launches here in Greece (it's been announced ;) ) I'll get the bamboo too!

B4kken, Toulouse and SoniaB like this.
  7. xoqes88
    Jelly Bean Mar 4, 2015

xoqes88 , Mar 4, 2015 :
    @SoniaB, you are a rockstar in the forum. Every thread that I stumble on I see either a post of you or someone tagging you.

Nice!

Toulouse and SoniaB like this.
  8. towe96

Toulouse likes this.
  9. SoniaB

SoniaB , Mar 4, 2015 :
    Lol - Not everywhere :eek:

@Toulouse and I are after the same anniversary back edition for the OPO. I am going to succeed!

Jael Pendragon and keithnyc like this.
  10. Joyyy
    Jelly Bean Mar 4, 2015

Joyyy , Mar 4, 2015 :
    Had mine from September and put on case from day 1
    Took it off now and still seems rough the sansstone

Toulouse likes this.
  11. Toulouse
    KitKat Mar 4, 2015

Toulouse , Mar 4, 2015 :
    I'm going to buy it with the JBL edition too within few hours, unfortunetaly I wasn't able yesterday, due to some problems with my paypal account :( (and the 2nd batch sandstone + silk with cm within few days, :p )

Jael Pendragon, keithnyc and SoniaB like this.
  12. SoniaB

SoniaB , Mar 4, 2015 :
    Pics later or it didn't happen :D

Jael Pendragon, keithnyc and Toulouse like this.
  13. TheTubTruck
    Jelly Bean Mar 4, 2015

TheTubTruck , Mar 4, 2015 :
    I got mine back in June, so I have the 100% legit sandstone feel, also thin CE logo :D

Toulouse likes this.
  14. Toulouse
    KitKat Mar 4, 2015

Toulouse , Mar 4, 2015 :
    For sure ;) I almost ever posted pics of my new ss on a french thread, maybe you should check if you don't trust me :p I just hope that the no one will buy the anniversary ss before me !

keithnyc and SoniaB like this.
  15. Toulouse
    KitKat Mar 4, 2015

Toulouse , Mar 4, 2015 :
    pics or didn't happen

16. don-doe
    KitKat Mar 4, 2015

don-doe , Mar 4, 2015 :
    NSFW :D

I bought 3 opos. Mine and the one for a friend have the Sandstone feel. One for another friend has the peach skin feel. But I'm not sure which I like more.

S0bek, SoniaB and Toulouse like this.
  17. Toulouse
    KitKat Mar 4, 2015

18. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Mar 4, 2015

keithnyc , Mar 4, 2015 :
    I like that you liked the same post I liked as well.

S0bek, Toulouse and SoniaB like this.
  19. Deactivated User
    Mar 4, 2015

20. B4kken
    Lollipop Mar 4, 2015

B4kken , Mar 4, 2015 :
    On Topic: I believe I read that it was because of reports about the original sandstone styleswap wearing down. I got mine in July and can confirm that it gets softer with time, it does not however feel any less awesome :p But that's my opinion.

Off Topic:
    I'm gonna go out on a hunch here. You like Emma Watson don't you? :)

EmmaWATTson likes this.