O^2: The Struggle To Breathe

?

Will you upgrade to OxygenOS or Cyanogenmod 12S?

1. OxygenOS

15.2%
  2. Cyanogenmod 12S

56.3%
  3. I'll try them both out.

24.5%
  4. Oxygen, but I want to wait first.

4.0%
  1. azp3 Jelly Bean Apr 5, 2015

azp3, Apr 5, 2015 :
    Ran O^2 for 24 hours. I really like it except for the battery drain. May give it another go after an update. Trying exodus now. Was on nightlies and really liked them. That's a good thing about this phone, choice.

Kapitan Nemo likes this.
  2. Kapitan Nemo Lollipop Apr 5, 2015

veratoloz2005 likes this.
  3. veratoloz2005 Lollipop Apr 5, 2015

4. drishd Honeycomb Apr 5, 2015

drishd, Apr 5, 2015 :
    Dear friend its a new ROM & only couple of days old! You are expecting too much! Its not Oxygen which is struggling to breath its our mentality that is struggling support this ROM!

5. doddysal Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 5, 2015

doddysal, Apr 5, 2015 :
    Fill a feedback by oxygen, im sure they on the way fixed by the next ota

6. zulf91 Jelly Bean Apr 5, 2015

7. cheesesoda Eclair Apr 5, 2015

cheesesoda, Apr 5, 2015 :
    I was skeptical to try Oxygen, and I saw all of these negative posts about it which made me decide to put it off even more. Then I decided that since I was running a CM12 nightly, and I'm going to have to wipe my device for CM12s, anyway, I decided to flash Oxygen. I bricked my OPO. Wait, no, I didn't. I followed the obvious directions, and O installed without a hitch. I haven't tested any of the known issues, but I don't feel the need to as they shouldn't affect my day-to-day usage.

I don't know if I'll go to CM12s now that I'm on Oxygen. I love the Nexus line and enjoy the pure, stock Lollipop experience on the N5, N7, and N9, so I see no reason why I would need anything more than pure stock for my One. Maybe that'll change, but for now I'm content. We'll see if that opinion changes over the next few days/weeks.

8. mydroid KitKat Apr 5, 2015

mydroid, Apr 5, 2015 :
    If a human needs to struggle to breathe he's probably a lousy human to start with ....

9. DinkoDes Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 5, 2015

DinkoDes, Apr 5, 2015 :
    You thin if you want just to go back to CM11 you can load your backup from recovery?
    Think again because if you do not disable prevent accidental wake ups on your phone before downgrade you won't turn on screen after downgrade.

10. Henry80 Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 5, 2015

Henry80, Apr 5, 2015 :
    Not always.
    In my case, e.g, here is what happened:
    - I've downloaded the .zip file on my computer
    - On my phone the bootloader is already unlocked: I have also recently updated the recovery to the latest version (TWRP 2.8.6.0).
    - On my computer I have unzipped the file: I see the oxygen_1.0.0_flashable.zip and the MD5. I check the MD5, it's ok.
    - I've moved oxygen_1.0.0_flashable.zip on my phone.
    - In the recovery, I've done a factory reset (I always do clean flash) and I've tried to flash oxygen_1.0.0_flashable.zip.

I've done this entire process 2 or 3 times from the start (re-download the -zip from the oneplus website) but I always get a "zip signature verification failed" and the installation stops there.

Not a big deal for me, I'm ok with the ROM in my signature, I just don't like when it's always the user the one to blame ;)

(If I've done smth wrong in the installation, please let me know).

Thanks.

11. cheesesoda Eclair Apr 5, 2015

Did you try re-flashing the recovery or even a slightly older version? I've had this problem flashing other ROMs. Though, 2.8.6.0 worked flawlessly when flashing Oxygen for me. Are you asking TWRP to verify the ZIP signature?

12. Henry80 Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 5, 2015

Henry80, Apr 5, 2015 :
    TY cheesesoda for your help.
    1. I haven't tried downgrading TWRP, no. That didn't make too much sense to me, as I have read that OnePlus itself suggested TWRP as a recovery.
    2. Yes, I'm asking TWRP to verify the signature: shouldn't I do that? Isn't it safer to leave that option ON?
    Once again, thank you for your message. :)

13. cheesesoda Eclair Apr 5, 2015

1. I wouldn't suggest moving away from TWRP. The current version is 2.8.6.0, but they have older versions to download, and that may work.
    2. I wouldn't have it ask to verify the signature. If you tested the MD5 checksum like you mentioned and downloaded the zip from OnePlus then I wouldn't worry about it. I left it off and flashed it just fine.

14. bhoopesh Donut Apr 5, 2015

bhoopesh, Apr 5, 2015 :
    I have installed it and it works fine. Just hoping additions of other options and better camera software .......

15. Henry80 Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 5, 2015

Henry80, Apr 5, 2015 :
    Thanks.
    Yes, the zip comes straight from the OnePlus website and I've checked the MD5 on my computer.
    Next time I'll try to install OxygenOS I'll remember to uncheck the "zip signature verification" option: so far, I'll stick with Euphoria 1.1 (too many users have wakelocks on OxygenOS, and I don't have any of them on 5.1 so I've changed my mind about moving to Oxygen now).
    It's funny like I've been asking about this issue I had on the forums and it looks like I'm the only one that still can't install OxygenOS leaving the option that makes TWRP to check the zip file. Weird.

Thank you once again :)

16. meatandy Oreo Apr 5, 2015

meatandy, Apr 5, 2015 :
    :p your the only reply!;)

Kapitan Nemo likes this.
  17. Maleton3 Gingerbread Apr 5, 2015

Maleton3, Apr 5, 2015 :
    ..the installation of oxygen shouldn't cause problems I had never unlocked boot loader or rooted etc and I got oxygen installed in 20 minutes or so. Its not hard if you follow the instructions

mydroid likes this.
  18. cooki3sanyday Jelly Bean Apr 5, 2015

cooki3sanyday, Apr 5, 2015 :
    Oxygen to me is really nice. It's a lot faster than the nightlies. I'll flash cm12s as soon as I can though, as the lack of features is sort of boring. I'm fine with a stock feel for 1 to 2 weeks. I'm sure oxygen will improve and become amazing later on.

19. TeKila Gingerbread Apr 5, 2015

TeKila, Apr 5, 2015 :
    Actually I have a rooted and cleaned (unneeded Gapps deleted) Oxygen and running fine with it.
    Reflashed 11s for testing and again on Oxygen.
    Definitely trying 12s "when it's done" but I'm not sure which to keep.

20. Gonzo01 Lollipop Apr 5, 2015

Gonzo01, Apr 5, 2015 :
    we all have our own struggles. for some it's the breathing.. :)