O2 Os 3.0.1 Keeps Getting Better !

1. itsbhanusharma
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 29, 2016

itsbhanusharma , May 29, 2016 :
    Comments Denote Bugs & Bugs ... is there a way to at least take them to the bugs thread? So maybe their voice is heard?

2. SoniaB
    Head Moderator; Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator May 29, 2016

SoniaB , May 29, 2016 :
    I read through the comments and there is nothing there about bugs as such.
    There is discussion about battery life comparisons - "are you rooted", "using greenify" etc etc but nothing bug related and nothing that is not already noted in @locxFIN's comprehensive bugs thread already.
    If all users are doing is comparing battery stats and what "tweaks" have given them that SoT, then this is not a bug thread. Its a discussion on battery life.

ariblaze likes this.
  3. itsbhanusharma

Got that!

So only Serious Bug threads would be merged.

I'm kinda starting to understand how it Goes.

4. SoniaB

SoniaB , May 29, 2016 :
    Example: A thread is opened "bugs in 3.0.1" - that would be merged with the existing thread.
    Example: "My review of 3.0.1" even if it listed bugs the user is facing, if its a review thread then it would not be merged.

On a side note - the majority of big bugs for 3.0.1 have most likely already been reported.

otto2 likes this.
  5. itsbhanusharma

I went through like every page of the Bugs thread, i find an interesting discovery that everyone tries to explain the same bug in different ways. What hapoens with some of them? Do they forget to wipe cache?

My next target is a wipe data/cache but gotta complete battery tests on WiFi first.

Ps: i'd be more aware of threads before posting a merge request now onwards.

PPs: don't blacklist me

6. LaukikD
    Eclair May 29, 2016

7. SoniaB

SoniaB , May 29, 2016 :
    Locxfin has been very good at noting the bugs and updating his start post with them. So even though people may explain the same bug in different ways, the interpretation of it may be the same.
    Wipe cache is actually not stated in the official dirty flashing guide on the OnePlus site for the beta 3.0.1 so for users who have never dirty flashed before may not think to clear cache.

locxFIN likes this.
  8. itsbhanusharma

It is my rule of thumb since so long that i don't even read the instructions that carefully anymore... maybe that's why i didn't noticed it

9. glasshouse82
    Gingerbread May 29, 2016

glasshouse82 , May 29, 2016 :
    touché
    so true!

10. stevenchow
    Gingerbread May 29, 2016

11. jaivaghela

jaivaghela , May 29, 2016 :
    How is your daily use and settings? I would love to increase my SOT as I still only get 3.5 hours, any settings you turn off or any tweaks you have done?

12. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop May 29, 2016

Lancelot_69 , May 29, 2016 :
    Turn off GPS
    All downloaded must shut off auto update.
    Go to play store, settings, uncheck everything!!
    Not notification only essential!!
    No Facebook app!
    One browser!
    Delete (if rooted) all apps not in use. Disabled if not rooted.
    Do not leave wifi and data on at same time. Manually switch back and forth
    Disable wifi notification.
    Turn off adaptive brightness, set brightness manually leave it there. (you will realize how useless adaptive brightness is)
    Don't use battery saving apps.
    Manually clean cache.
    Do not use auto screen off. Leave time at maximum and turn off screen when done.

jaivaghela likes this.
  13. awesomeX1
    Honeycomb May 29, 2016

josefn24 likes this.
  14. mayursawant

mayursawant , May 29, 2016 :
    battery savers sucks. they drain the battery fast instead..

josefn24 and mattmcg18 like this.
  15. mattmcg18
    Eclair May 29, 2016

mattmcg18 , May 29, 2016 :
    An improvement, but not as much as some people have got

16. sahil_starrh
    Honeycomb May 29, 2016

sahil_starrh , May 29, 2016 :
    My Battery life is terrible on the new beta (3.0.1) Shall I flash again and do a clean install? Not impressed at all. Get about 3 hours screen on time.

17. Vishnugops
    Froyo May 29, 2016

mattmcg18 likes this.
  18. pgomase
    Gingerbread May 29, 2016

pgomase , May 29, 2016 :
    audio is poor

eye842 likes this.
  19. josefn24
    Jelly Bean May 29, 2016

josefn24 , May 29, 2016 :
    Yes as usual clear cash and then if there's no improvement clean flash the ROM. I often dirty flash when possible then if I run into problems like you will reinstall or clean flash. I had massive battery drain out of nowhere on the oxygen 3.0 build after having great battery life in the beginning. It was draining like I had games running in the background and running hot. I clean flashed it and the battery life returned to optimal levels. This latest build is running like the hydrogen mm builds did for me smooth amazing battery life. I'm very happy with this one and think I will stay on this rom. If it was like this for everyone then op2 would have had a much better reputation this year..

sahil_starrh likes this.
  20. sahil_starrh
    Honeycomb May 29, 2016

sahil_starrh , May 29, 2016 :
    Thanks for the reply! I have clean flashed 3.0.1 again and will calibrate the battery by letting it charge from 0-100 without turning it on in between!