Obama speaks for Net Neutrality

1. WorkersUnited
    Honeycomb Nov 25, 2014

WorkersUnited , Nov 25, 2014 :
    OMFG- The FCC doing the job they were supposed to do in the first place is the same exact thing as government regulation. They are one and the same. The FCC IS the government.

This is you.

[​IMG]

2. rwoods716
    KitKat Nov 25, 2014

rwoods716 , Nov 25, 2014 :
    Yes, it is government regulation, but it's better than net neutrality

3. WorkersUnited
    Honeycomb Nov 25, 2014

You're hopeless.

4. rwoods716
    KitKat Nov 25, 2014

So instead of just attacking and insulting me, do you want to actually say what your solution would be? All you're doing is talking shit and not even making any points.

5. WorkersUnited
    Honeycomb Nov 25, 2014

Your points don't even make sense.

You say on one hand you want the FCC to do its job. Then you say you don't want government regulation.

Well the FCC doing its job is the same thing as government regulation.

6. arjoon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 25, 2014

7. rwoods716
    KitKat Nov 25, 2014

Ok, so why don't you make a point. You're simply trying to twist my words around in an attempt to discredit my argument. Either make a valid point, come up with a solution, or stop being an *******.

8. WorkersUnited
    Honeycomb Nov 25, 2014

I'm not twisting your words or trying to be an *******.

Your words are contradictory and you don't understand what Net Neutrality is.

9. rwoods716
    KitKat Nov 25, 2014

Right and you're still not saying anything.

There's a difference between regulating Internet traffic and telling Verizon that they can't charge more to lease their cables than a small ISP would make from it. How are you going to tell me that I don't know what Net Neutrality is when you haven't said anything intelligent at all. All you've done is what all ignorant people do when they don't know how to say anything intelligent. You comb through what I said, found a small flaw or contradiction, and then assume that discredits my entire argument. It's the idiot's method of debate.

10. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Nov 25, 2014

keithnyc , Nov 25, 2014 :
    OMG....all this and JUST BEFORE THANKSGIVING. I'm GOING TO put on about 35 pounds with this. Thank God (or whatever deity you prefer) I didn't make my New Years resolution yet to stop being one of these characters--------->

Sh4itan likes this.
  11. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Nov 25, 2014

keithnyc , Nov 25, 2014 :
    PLEASE..... neither one lets you make a damn weekend appointment (or even a weekday appointment with less than a big ol' [email protected] 4 hour window)?!?!?!?! Shoooooot, don't they know some folks have to work?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014

12. alecge1998
    Eclair Nov 25, 2014

alecge1998 , Nov 25, 2014 :
    You still do not understand what net neutrality is.

Net neutrality is the removal of control of network traffic. You treat all traffic equally without any altercations

Please, stop reading the conspiracy and ultra-extreme tea-party websites and actually look for credible sources.

13. rwoods716
    KitKat Nov 25, 2014

Right, it's the removal of control by the ISPs. Now the government gets that control to block any traffic that they deem unlawful. Do you think that under Title II that we would have WikiLeaks? Or the Snowden revelations?

14. WorkersUnited
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2014

WorkersUnited , Dec 3, 2014 :
    You have it completely in reverse.

Net Neutrality basically means the internet can't be ****** with- no throttling, no preferential treatment, no censorship- by IPS's, the government or anyone else. It's the most democratic of means of communication we have these days.

15. WorkersUnited
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2014

16. rwoods716
    KitKat Dec 3, 2014

rwoods716 , Dec 3, 2014 :
    Y'know what? I just realized that I've had this whole thing wrong. You're right. Net neutrality means that the Internet cannot be ****** with; however, under Title II, which is the FCC's plan for Net Neutrality, it most certainly can be ****** with by the government. Under Title II, there would be no WikiLeaks, no Snowden Revelations, etc. If the government controls the right to block whatever traffic they wish, do you really think we would have found out about the government spying on us?

17. adrianyyy
    Eclair Dec 3, 2014

18. mgough1
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2014