Obama speaks for Net Neutrality

1. Oyathnkso
    Jelly Bean Nov 24, 2014

Oyathnkso , Nov 24, 2014 :
    Come into the 21st century and see how the rest of the world lives. It really must get lonely under that rock you are hiding under to avoid all the conspiracies.

2. Oyathnkso
    Jelly Bean Nov 24, 2014

mandar45 and Sh4itan like this.
  3. Sh4itan
    Jelly Bean Nov 24, 2014

mandar45, gatenosix and teqnix like this.
  4. PatsyG
    Honeycomb Nov 24, 2014

PatsyG , Nov 24, 2014 :
    As an outsider, I am always greatly amused and perplexed by American faith in the corporate world and converse distrust of anything from your govt.

Most never quite grasp that it is essentially the growth of corporations that forces the growth of govt. needed to rein them in to stop them bending you over the table in all aspects of modern life.

Healthcare is the same. Why shouldn't you have to contribute to a scheme that gives everyone protection? It's crazy to someone who lives in a country where receiving healthcare is a more important human right than owning a private arsenal.....

5. Sh4itan
    Jelly Bean Nov 24, 2014

mandar45 and Hanson Lee like this.
  6. rajesh tadi
    Honeycomb Nov 24, 2014

rajesh tadi , Nov 24, 2014 :
    The OnePlus One gets close to the perfection it's aspiring form ,-ONE, a truly perfect device would also include wireless charging and some type of waterproofing. But let's be real: It just isn't going to happen in a $299/349$device, especially one that's already filled to the brim with flagship features.
    that great with ONE PLUS ONE

7. lordfredplus
    Gingerbread Nov 24, 2014

lordfredplus , Nov 24, 2014 :
    Sharyl Attkisson.

Google her, then read the tip of 30,000 recovered emails. it took a federal judge to deny obama executive privilege (he tried very hard to hide these emails) so we could actually have TRANSPARENCY (something he promised but has become the antithesis of).

Now we know for a fact our government colluded with private media companies to smear and discredit Attkisson. They hacked her and intimidated her all because of her negative reporting on Benghazi and Fast and Furious. The proof is in the emails between the WH DOJ and Attkisson's former bosses and colleagues.

Educate yourself on why america is bleeding her freedoms profusely.

8. Prantheman
    Gingerbread Nov 24, 2014

Prantheman , Nov 24, 2014 :
    Absolutely, but I'm talking about the district. The house I'm renting is just on the cusp where my university's ISP doesn't reach ours. Not a big deal, since they work with Comcast. But as of right now, it's ATT U-verse in my area. It's not that they're horrendously bad (comcast), but being a student with need of constant connection to internet, it becomes annoying when it routinely fucks up. But as of the past couple weeks, I haven't experienced any issues, so we'll see.

9. carlfrantz
    Jelly Bean Nov 24, 2014

carlfrantz , Nov 24, 2014 :
    And again, what exactly would be different if the providers had a bigger share of control of the internet. What our governments are doing will continue. What makes you think that ending net neutrality will create this great new dawn? Ending net neutrality will allow for the "haves" to benefit while making it harder for the "have nots". Governments will still monitor and continue the practices they have since before the internet. The internet should be governed the same way it has since the beginning. The issue here is selling priority on the backbone. Privacy on the internet will not get better or worse if net neutrality is defeated.

10. lordfredplus
    Gingerbread Nov 24, 2014

lordfredplus , Nov 24, 2014 :
    You tried pushing others to give you examples of how our government erodes free speech... I gave you one and you failed to address that.

Remember everyone, the nature of bureaucracy is to justify its own existence. If there are no problems for it to solve, it makes them.

Study up on franchise fees and the government-induced structure of telecom companies... then tell me how easy it is for a little guy to get a piece of the game.

11. ps2314
    Froyo Nov 24, 2014

ps2314 , Nov 24, 2014 :
    You blog for these guys, I don't know if you wrote this article or what, but I don't think you have read enough about the debate based on these articles.

12. ps2314
    Froyo Nov 24, 2014

ps2314 , Nov 24, 2014 :
    So you're willing to give up internet freedom so that trolls can be allowed to troll? You sound like a troll

13. rwoods716
    KitKat Nov 24, 2014

rwoods716 , Nov 24, 2014 :
    Without net neutrality, you're trusting the cable companies to do the right thing. With net neutrality, you're trusting the government to do the right thing. Why would we trust the same people who are spying on us to do the right thing? It's silly. With that come censorship of the Internet. There are over 3,000 small ISPs in the United States. Most people just don't realize they have options or they think they need to go with the big guys to get good service, which isn't true.

14. rwoods716
    KitKat Nov 24, 2014

What conspiracies? Did the government lie about WMDs in Iraq and that they were harboring terrorists? Did Obama lie about every promise he made to get into office? Did the government lie about spying on the American public? The same government that you want to allow to regulate the Internet? These aren't conspiracy theories. It's facts and common sense.

15. rwoods716
    KitKat Nov 24, 2014

Well the network gets congested sometimes. This is why we need prioritization at times.

16. rwoods716
    KitKat Nov 24, 2014

No, I'm saying that net neutrality is giving up Internet freedom. How has government regulation ever caused something to be more free and open? The same government that spies on the American people is the one that people want to hand over control of the internet to. It's crazy.

17. Sera69
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 24, 2014

Sera69 , Nov 24, 2014 :
    We could always.... Just not pay for the things they tell us we MUST pay for. I'm seriously fed up of that used to be free (or at least already paid for through other revenue streams) from roads to YouTube to Paid TV to games and we roll over and say ooooooh it's shny and new i must pay up my $20 a month. **** it. Stop paying. THEY need US. It'll soon be free again if y'all stop rolling over.

As if we didn't have a two tier internet already...

18. ps2314
    Froyo Nov 24, 2014

ps2314 , Nov 24, 2014 :
    I mean this is all based on political view, but if you're afraid of the government in general, you have no need to worry because at this point in time they are siding with you. Ironic that Obama makes a stand for net neutrality AFTER he becomes a lame duck president, the net neutrality drbate is not one over government control at this point, but one of democrat versus republican

19. make4wish
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2014

make4wish , Nov 24, 2014 :
    No this is just the reality of any situation in any area of the world... at any time in history.

20. rwoods716
    KitKat Nov 24, 2014

How is it not about government control? This is all about who gets to control the internet. The government or the ISPs.