Not open for further replies.
  1. lpiratel
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2014

lpiratel , Jul 27, 2014 :
    Bummer bummer do the UV light cure

2. CmmdrShepard
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2014

CmmdrShepard , Jul 27, 2014 :
    Thank you for getting this thread started!
    I started playing Ingress about 2 weeks ago and my almost 2 years old Nexus 4 can't handle me being in the field for too long. OPO would be a really nice upgrade at a reasonable price.
    I'll have to wait until Monday to grab a local newspaper. If you are an Ingress agent, I'll be happy to capture some portals with you in the Pasadena area.

Please send me an invite and I'll be happy to forward an invite to anyone you want.

3. paztine
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 27, 2014

paztine , Jul 27, 2014 :
    What build date are you..

cbrpikachu likes this.
  4. Mattr567
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2014

Mattr567 , Jul 27, 2014 :
    You got the invite from somewhere else. Thats not how its works. People are on a waiting list for an invite, and you arnt even close to being next. But we'd appreciate you donating your share invites back into the SoCal thread.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014

cbrpikachu likes this.
  5. Mattr567
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2014

You cant beg for an invite. There is a waiting list on a first come first serve basis. Join the list by clicking the link on the first page

cbrpikachu likes this.
  6. shaquiel0418
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2014

shaquiel0418 , Jul 27, 2014 :
    I've been reading a lot about that yellow band thing and ive jag that on my nexus 4 and 5 but After a couple weeks it went away. I've had stuff similar Like that on my other phones as well just give it a little time. I think it got so serious on this device because of the limited quantities and the fact that people want to find something bad to say about this phone.

cbrpikachu likes this.
  7. naoum atie
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2014

cbrpikachu likes this.
  8. darkbluesuperman
    Donut Jul 27, 2014

9. darkbluesuperman
    Donut Jul 27, 2014

darkbluesuperman , Jul 27, 2014 :

damm...... im pretty sure were getting the same batch... ekks.

10. CmmdrShepard
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2014

CmmdrShepard , Jul 27, 2014 :
    I didn't beg and I don't intend to. I'm sorry if it sounds like begging to you. My message was to politely ask for an invite and offer to return the invitation once I get mine. I have filled out the request form prior to posting that message.
    Ingress is a cool game and quite popular. I don't think there's anything wrong with asking if anyone in the area would like to play (capture portals). Some posts mentioned ways to verify if the user is actually in SoCal, I thought this would be a great way to verify that I'm really a local.

11. Mattr567
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2014

Signing up is completely fine. But again theirs a line (the list) for an invite. When someone is next in line and gets their invite, they have to donate a least one of their share invites back to the thread for the next person. Antjuan1980 is next in line, he gets the next invite, you just joined that line. People have been waiting longer than you in this thread. It was polite but there is no cutting that line. You'll get your turn eventually. And yes, the newspaper is the way we verify SoCal's. Just write your username on it and post a pic of the paper. There is nothing wrong about asking about Ingress and playing it. Im just talking about the "Please send me an invite and I'll be happy to forward an invite to anyone you want" part.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014

12. cptslimjim

cptslimjim , Jul 27, 2014 :
    Where do I check for that? Sorry, normally usually on top of my game on these kinds of things but I had a lot to drink tonight lol

13. lpiratel
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2014

14. cbrpikachu
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2014

cbrpikachu , Jul 27, 2014 :
    same deal, clean record otherwise. so frustrating. i hope they got my appeal -.-

oh ho ho. its because cbrs are the best and we should hit up ach, azusa, gmr or anything one weekend.

i have to admit the back on the phone took me for a surprise. i was hoping for a rougher and more grippy back. its very soft.

i got it. its a ***** to put on and get the air bubbles out. get tempered glass. its 5-10 more but its solid and easier to mount

*UPDATE*

yes my screen has very minor yellow banding at the bottom. im color blind/deficient so i had to ask my friend after turning up the brightness and setting it to a white screen. it wasnt too bad

firewire2035 likes this.
  15. paztine

paztine , Jul 27, 2014 :
    I bought the official back case ..and its really nice..I went for the orange and its sick..

16. paztine

paztine , Jul 27, 2014 :
    Its under about phone..

17. bphan004
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2014

cbrpikachu likes this.
  18. cbrpikachu
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2014

cbrpikachu , Jul 27, 2014 :
    @lpiratel - that link you posted is NOT an actual case. its a carbon fiber design vinyl. read it carefully. buy something mroe solid. the screen is a pain in the *** to put on as well

19. cptslimjim

20. paztine