OEM Relockng

1. acsubrat Froyo Mar 13, 2018

acsubrat, Mar 13, 2018 :
    I am on OnePlus 3T beta 23 firmware and I unlocked my OEM and installed TWRP and rooted my phone.Now can I relock OEM keeping TWRP as well as root?
    Thank you in advance

2. Sun90 Lollipop Mar 13, 2018

Sun90, Mar 13, 2018 :
    AFAIK , you can't do so.

3. pavangovind Eclair Mar 13, 2018

pavangovind, Mar 13, 2018 :
    no it's not possible unlocking OEM meanse rooting if you lock bootloader or OEM the phone will be unroot and twrp will lost

4. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Mar 13, 2018

5. DannyM93 Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 13, 2018

DannyM93, Mar 13, 2018 :
    It actually is possible to re-lock, but it'll result in a data wipe, and it can be dangerous to do so on a modified device.
    If you use Magisk to root, there is no need to lock again. Magisk will hide that.

6. Paschfire Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 13, 2018

Paschfire, Mar 13, 2018 :
    No, do not relock the bootloader on a modified device.

Only relock the bootloader once you've return the device to a completely stock system and stock recovery with no modifications made.

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  7. calvinistmac Jelly Bean Mar 13, 2018

calvinistmac, Mar 13, 2018 :
    You tell someone to relock with custom ROM and recovery and you'll sentence them to a bricked device.

Way to go for giving some really bad advice.

Please do some research next time before giving crap advice like that.

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  8. DannyM93 Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 13, 2018

DannyM93, Mar 13, 2018 :
    I'll respond using similar sentences:
    You misread someone's comment and tell them they're wrong, and you end up sentencing yourself to looking like a fool.

Way to go for not carefully reading what I said.

Please learn some English next time before telling me I'm giving crap advice.

As you can see, I merely said that it's POSSIBLE to re-lock, but "it can be dangerous to do so on a modified device."
    Then I went on to say that if you use Magisk, there is no need to re-lock anyway!

9. G_Siddharth_Patil_ZsmY Honeycomb Mar 14, 2018