ROM [OFFICIAL][5.1.1] BlissPop by Team Bliss-Bacon [weekly][OTA]

1. sarvesvara.bvks
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2015

2. wizzle
    Eclair Apr 20, 2015

wizzle , Apr 20, 2015 :
    Where do you have any confirmation that it works flawlessly for everyone? The potential lack of easily located complaints and reports of issues does not mean they don't exist. Your logic makes sense when dealing with physical products which have to be physically recreated thousands, if not millions of times, but is idiotic to apply to something such as a ROM, which is an exact replica of the original, unless it is altered, which could potentially be the users fault, but still is an issue of stability. That does not apply to me, as I completely and totally wiped my device of ALL data, and sideloaded the ROM through ADB. Stating "mine does other peoples does" and using that logic as backing for any sort of defense destroys any credibility you may have had, because it's stupid. Any number of factors could have came together to give both you, and others a seemingly stable performance, I can only speculate on your installation process. With my own, I don't have to speculate, or hypothesize; I know exactly what I did, and how I did it. "Ending up with a crappy install" is a fallacy in what is equivalent to a sterile environment, it's an incorrect assertion, and its an excuse. You'd prefer to pat the developers on the back and say 'good job.' Which does nothing to help anyone. I, on the other hand, prefer to criticise issues that I consider severe, in a ROM that I think has potential to be one of the best. My tone and dickishness came as a reaction to how another user was spoken to by a representative of this ROM. After updating to 20150412 most of my issues have been resolved, and the ROM is considerably more stable, I didn't want to give up on a ROM that ive grown to love, despite its flaws. My only issue thus far has been after installing the Oppo Camera apk, my device bizarrely and unexpectedly rebooted into a unending bootloop that wouldn't recognize my attempts to enter into TWRP, and would reboot before I could get anything done inside adb, as randomly as it began, several hours later it let me into TWRP, and I was able to recover from a backup earlier in the day. Prior to the installation of the camera apk. That could been my carelessness, just as much as it could have been an issue with Bliss though, so I can't discredit the ROM for that happening. Overall though, quite an improvement.thanks for the hard work.

3. hazzavg
    KitKat Apr 20, 2015

hazzavg , Apr 20, 2015 :
    OK Mr thinks he knows it all
    The ROM is fine
    It's when you add crap to it that it then doesn't work
    So when the ROM is installed as a standalone item it works fine
    There will be something that then means it doesn't work which could be data or something else
    Your credibility is nothing if you have backwards views like that
    And as you said you prefer to criticise so what that means is that you have a problem and moan even though it just means you have got something on your phone that doesn't work with the ROM
    Yes fine that isn't good but the ROM still works as a ROM without whatever it was that was installed
    I pat them on the back partly because I literally have no issues and there's nothing to criticise
    Mine does and other peoples does is a proven point as literally other peoples installs work
    Its not just been pulled out of the sky
    Other peoples do work

nofx161 likes this.
  4. Ismael Bakshi
    Honeycomb Apr 20, 2015

Ismael Bakshi , Apr 20, 2015 :
    What's the point
    I tweak I use my functionality is compromized a bit
    But sorry I haven't used the phone without the tweak so can't tell

5. wizzle
    Eclair Apr 20, 2015

wizzle , Apr 20, 2015 :
    Same thing happened to me as well, so it might actually be the ROM

6. anilrawal
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2015

anilrawal , Apr 20, 2015 :
    Always do a nand backup, do a clean install and restore data from nand backup and you have all your settings and applications.

For me this ROM is very stable, the only issue I have is the phone sometimes randomly shutdown while charging.

7. paulo111
    Jelly Bean Apr 20, 2015

paulo111 , Apr 20, 2015 :
    Does anyone how to get rid of the music player when you wanna quit it?? It won't go away unless I got to apps and force stop it...

Attached Files:

8. sizzlingtycoon
    Froyo Apr 20, 2015

sizzlingtycoon , Apr 20, 2015 :
    Had the same problem... Later, i just silenced the notification by long pressing on the player in notif-tray and its gone now... However, long-pressing vol keys to skip tracks works but, by doing so, you'll stop it from showing in the lockscreen too (only if u prefer it to be there)...
    Also, using PowerAmp app helped one of my friends...

Extra Info: Just tried PlayMusic app and its good. Also, i prefer other players over the stock, coz, its easy to ff/rw with seek-bar than holding the buttons.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015

paulo111 likes this.
  9. srgudhka
    Froyo Apr 21, 2015

10. hazzavg
    KitKat Apr 21, 2015

hazzavg , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Whack a force stop and clear data and cache
    Normally one of those will solve it but all together will be good

srgudhka likes this.
  11. srgudhka
    Froyo Apr 21, 2015

12. carvados
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2015

13. srgudhka
    Froyo Apr 21, 2015

srgudhka , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Thanks that worked but now it only crashes when I add a task to tasked rest everything is fine.

14. srgudhka
    Froyo Apr 21, 2015

srgudhka , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Whats not to use? Its based on 5.1.

paulo111 likes this.
  15. Tyronnster
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 21, 2015

16. hazzavg
    KitKat Apr 21, 2015

hazzavg , Apr 21, 2015 :
    What's the problem with it
    It has more features than any other 5.1 ROM
    Its still stable
    Oh wait
    I bet you're an oxygen fan

17. Tyronnster
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 21, 2015

18. mcrumley
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2015

mcrumley , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Don't feed the trolls. Ignore this child and he'll go away.

19. Andy Funnell
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2015

Andy Funnell , Apr 21, 2015 :
    I just did a dirty flash over the top of 5.01

20. Hemo
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2015