Official Curved Tempered Glass Compatibility with Protective Cases

1. ahdc
    Eclair Jan 5, 2017

ahdc , Jan 5, 2017 :
    I would like to know what all 'semi-protective' covers like the Spigen Rugged Armor or Tudia Slimfit (something which is not as bulky as the Orzly Grip Pro or Otterbox yet provides a decent amount of protection) work well with the official curved tempered glass for Oneplus 3? (I am not looking for suggestions to other tempered glass as I have bought several of them and found the official one to be way better than every other TGSP)

I had bought the official curved tempered glass on my OP3T for couple of days and was using with the official Karbon cover. Unfortunately the phone felt from a height of not more than 2 feet on to a soft wooden flooring and the tempered glass smashed completely. If I had been using a bit of a protective cover instead, the tempered glass wouldn't have broken after falling from such a small height.

The guy in the video below tests out several cases with the official curved glass and as it turns out only Cruzerlite Bugdroid and Orzly Grip Pro are compatible with it. Bugdroid looks okayish and Orzly Grip pro is too bulky for my liking. I want to know what other semi-protective covers (more protective than the official Karbon cover and less bulkier than Otterbox) are compatible with the official curved TGSP ?

cchri78 likes this.
  2. donalgodon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 7, 2017

donalgodon , Jan 7, 2017 :
    I have the Rugged Armor and I'm looking for a screen protector.

I don't get why OP doesn't just sell replacements for the FACTORY installed one. It fits better than any other, even if it doesn't protect that well. Sell them in a 50 pack, but just give us something that works.

3. Averinz
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2017

Averinz , Jan 7, 2017 :
    I'm in the same boat!

Just put on my curved tempered glass I ordered a while ago because the original screen protector became lose. However noticed that my case causes some air bubbles on the side as it pushed against the curved tempered glass. I'm currently using the Orzly - Fusion Bumper Case Covers. I can get it attached without having the air pockets but after a while they seem to just appear.

Thanks

AmitS89 likes this.
  4. Prasanna Burgula
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2017

Prasanna Burgula , Jan 7, 2017 :
    I'm on the same boat mate. Let me know if there is any back case which is 100% compatible with the official curved tempered glass.

Thanks

5. jatingada
    Gingerbread Jan 7, 2017

jatingada , Jan 7, 2017 :
    Cheap Curved tempered glass. waste of money. Cheap product. please don't buy curved tempered glass from oneplus. Oneplus thinks F**king joke selling Curved tempered glass for Rs. 1500/-. Never I will buy oneplus phone and other products. Bloody cheap front camera and cheap tempered glass. I will never recommend anyone to buy oneplus.

6. Anand Kole
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2017

Anand Kole , Jan 7, 2017 :
    Don't know about the tempered glass, but I will recommend that nobody follows this advice!

7. mwbuss8
    Donut Jan 7, 2017

mwbuss8 , Jan 7, 2017 :
    I use mine with a Poetic Revolution. It's a bit bigger, but fitment is as good as it gets. I removed the plastic one that came on the case. Because of the case design it can't peel up the tgsp, it actually holds it down. Be careful ordering from OnePlus though. I bought two and they only sent one. I can't prove it, so they don't want to send me another. I suggested they check package weight since they should be able to get it, as they printed the label. I've resorted to disputing the charge on my card. Great products, horrible service.

8. ahdc
    Eclair Jan 9, 2017

ahdc , Jan 9, 2017 :
    Exactly my thoughts too! Right now I am using Orzly Film based Screen Protector and the factor installed one was wayyy better. I am regretting removing that now. It was way better quality, attracted less fingerprints and was almost edge-to-edge.

It simply means that Orzly Fusion Bumper case is not compatible. IMO get rid of either one of them because if you keep using the case with that screen protector, sooner or later, your glass would become useless once dust creeps in the glue part.

There are multitude of cases that are compatible with the official curved glass. Problem is finding a case that provides a bit of drop protection and isn't too all bulky. (Perfect example is Spigen Rugged Armor but it isn't compatible here)
    Btw, all of the official Oneplus cases are compatible with the curved glass. Only thing is that they don't provide drop protection. For starters they are very thin and also leave the top and bottom edges open. Only exception is the Otterbox case that OP sells but that is too bulky for my liking.

Unfortunately you are right. Oneplus service isn't good. I have ordered their official karbon case and glass protector individually. First up, they take too much time to ship and secondly, they sometimes mess up with their orders. My order had wrong pincode mentioned on it which caused it delay for 2 more days even when it was correctly mentioned in my account address.
    I looked up the case on their site. Looks pretty good, however too bulky for my liking.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017

9. raghavak22
    Cupcake Mar 1, 2017

raghavak22 , Mar 1, 2017 :
    Does otter Boston is compatible with curved tempered glass?