Official dbrand OnePlus One Skins Thread

1. dbrandSkins
    Eclair Jun 27, 2014

dbrandSkins , Jun 27, 2014 :
    Hey everyone!!

So we just launched our offering for the OnePlus One today. You can check out the skins at https://dbrand.com/shop/oneplus-one. The front skins have cutouts for the capacitive light-up buttons, but you can opt to not have the cutouts by toggling the cutout option at the top. Same goes for the OnePlus logo cutout. There's no additional charge for changing your cutout preference.

One thing you will likely notice is that when you select a black device for previewing, you're greeted with the message shown below.

[​IMG]

While we would love to simply not post the message we did and rake in truckloads of money, we genuinely care about the user experience too much. When OnePlus said that we don't have to settle, they really meant it. The Sandstone finish they created on the black device is perfect in every way.

On a normal polycarbonate or aluminum smartphone, you probably wouldn't notice a bit more or a bit less grip. Because the Sandstone Edition OnePlus One has such a monster amount of friction/grip to it, we just honestly can't recommend covering up with a skin.

Anyone who does apply a skin to it, ourselves included, would instantly realize it makes the phone relatively slipperier. In addition to this, the Sandstone material itself is almost completely scratchproof and self-healing, so the added value of a skin to prevent scratches is nullified.

Because you're probably wondering, the answer is no: the skin is not going to damage the Sandstone finish on your device. If you really want to give it a shot, the only thing you'll need to do differently than what's shown in the application tutorial video is apply generous amounts of heat, using a hairdryer, to ensure that the skin stays stuck to the device. Failing to use a hairdryer during application will result in a skin that literally won't stay stuck to the device at all.

When you eventually do want to remove the skin, it won't take any of the Sandstone (fabric-y?) finish off with it. Perhaps a nano-layer of it will come off with the adhesive, but no more or less than would come off through regular contact with your hands/pocket.

We hadn't anticipated that OnePlus was going to release the Sandstone edition before the Silk White. The skins stick wonderfully and add a fair amount of texture/grip to the Silk White edition, which is what (as winners of the 1/100 'Smash the Past' devices) we designed the skins on.

If you got any more questions, post up here. We really want to get the word out and make sure customers understand why we're making the claim that we are.

Below is the application tutorial video we created for the Silk White OnePlus One. Check it out if you want to get an idea of how the skins fit/look on the device. We'll be posting all the pictures we took yesterday in a few hours, so stay tuned for those photos. There will even be a few of the black device with a dbrand skin on it, so you can see how it looks if you're really set on getting one.

Signed,
    A Robot

forid-786, hemanth97, S0bek and 57 others like this.
  2. dbrandSkins
    Eclair Jun 27, 2014

3. pawv
    Jelly Bean Jun 27, 2014

pawv , Jun 27, 2014 :
    I love your product! I had a true red on my n5 and it was great! Installing it was so easy thanks to your how to install vids and if it ever peeled I just had to take a dryer to it again!

4. fmommens
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2014

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

5. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Jun 27, 2014

Hanson Lee , Jun 27, 2014 :
    Your company will definitely prosper because OnePlus StyleSwap Covers are not even out yet.

S0bek, NoNoZaZa, supergnop and 5 others like this.
  6. Sunny Syan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 27, 2014

Sunny Syan , Jun 27, 2014 :
    YAAAAY! Thanks for making the Skins. I will be Purchasing some as soon as i get my device.
    Awesome and Informative Video
    Thanks

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014

7. darkangelism
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2014

8. samchopx
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2014

samchopx , Jun 27, 2014 :
    dbrand, I've always loved your skins. I've used a couple on my Nexus 4 and bought some for friends too!
    If I ever get a OPO (doubtful), I would love to get a dbrand skin for the front .

9. caffeine

caffeine , Jun 27, 2014 :
    Dbrand, congrats! My questions about sandstone all answered. I'm enjoying your leather skin on my N4 and thought of skinning the sandstone OPO with the same skin, but had questions whether it will stick because of sandstone texture or not. Thanks for explanation. Keep up the good, fair and honest work!

Btw, checked out the front matte black without button cutouts. Oh I'll buy that! Yes I will! (I thought how the hell am I going to cover those ugly capacitive buttons and this is the perfect solution!)

10. WePlay
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2014

11. jobber72
    Jelly Bean Jun 27, 2014

jobber72 , Jun 27, 2014 :
    Darn! Those skins look really good and I really appreciate the warning about the black One.

12. iReggie
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2014

13. salawat

14. WePlay
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2014

15. salawat

16. Evan73
    Gingerbread Jun 29, 2014

Evan73 , Jun 29, 2014 :
    @dbrandSkins . Will the front skin without button cutout interfere with the capacitive buttons?
    Will the capacitive buttons still work without the cutout? Thanks

17. Deactivated User
    Jun 29, 2014

18. Elisha Siegelman
    Donut Jun 29, 2014

Elisha Siegelman , Jun 29, 2014 :
    Welcome back, robot! :D
    I'll totally check it out. :)

prakashmc and sksl0325 like this.
  19. Pat Brown Jr
    Gingerbread Jul 1, 2014

20. andresito90