[OFFICIAL] Dear UK, your phones are on the way soon

1. David S. OnePlus Europe Staff Member Jun 27, 2016

David S., Jun 27, 2016 :
    What a crazy couple of weeks it’s been since the launch of the OnePlus 3! It’s a device that we’re really proud of, and from the initial reviews and comments we’ve seen, it seems like you guys are pretty happy with it as well. And if the unexpectedly huge turnout at our London pop-up is any indication, our European community is among the most passionate group of OnePlus users in the world - and we’re extremely grateful for your support.

It’s also humbling that you’ve showed so much patience with us as we’ve transitioned into our “no invites” phase. In fact, the demand for the OnePlus 3 in the UK has been above and beyond what any of us expected initially. A number of you have been experiencing delays in your orders, and for that we’re truly sorry. We always try to be as honest and transparent as possible, so we want to let you know what’s going on and how we plan on solving the main issues so you can get your new phones as soon as possible.

Firstly, there’s been something of a schedule misalignment between devices and accessories in the UK. We had plenty of accessories on the way at the moment of launch, however customs issues meant many orders that included both devices and accessories were delayed. We’ve solved this obstacle by simply removing and refunding those accessories and any priority shipping paid for, dispatching devices directly, and issuing vouchers for £8 / 10€ off their next order and waived the minimum order to qualify for free shipping to those affected so that they can purchase cases and other items once we have them restocked.

So, a quick recap...
    • Thank you for your support. The OnePlus 3 is selling faster at an unprecedented rate.
    • Sorry to those who have had to wait. All outstanding orders will be dispatched mid-next week and those who’ve been affected will be compensated with a voucher.

Demand for the OnePlus 3 is growing steadily, and we’re doing the very best that we can to meet it. We thank you for your patience, and hope that with your help we can continue to grow and improve. We can’t do this without you!

11:30PM UPDATE (30th of June):

- Looks like most orders are on its way with no issues. If you have any questions feel free to ping me over PM.
    - After reviewing all the Google Form answers, I have contacted all users that had issues and/or were eligible for a voucher, if you didn't get my e-mail and you think it's a mistake, PM me with your order number and I'll take a look at it.
    [You are only eligible for a voucher if when you purchased your device the website displayed a dispatch date before the 28th of June].

9:30AM UPDATE (5th of July):

Some people might still be experiencing delays or issues. If anything urgent, feel free to PM me.

2:00PM UPDATE (July 6th):

Most outstanding (delayed still pending) orders will be fulfilled today/tomorrow.

Please note that for current orders, the dispatch date is the one shown in the confirmation e-mail you received when purchasing the device.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016

2. hulabalua Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 27, 2016

3. wizard Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 27, 2016

4. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 27, 2016

SoniaB, Jun 27, 2016 :
    Thank you for updating the community @David S.
    There was a lot of frustration on the forum.
    A direct response confirming its all in hand now is most welcomed

remedy, Alvie, kaihp and 8 others like this.
  5. barb Marshmallow Jun 27, 2016

AOPPER, Ceasedd, Wahoux and 2 others like this.
  6. Wahoux KitKat Jun 27, 2016

EmzeO likes this.
  7. jpswer Jelly Bean Jun 27, 2016

jpswer, Jun 27, 2016 :
    Great job sounds like the right thing to do :). Maybe a little late to post some official confirmation but I know it is difficult to know when to communicate.

8. The Joker Lollipop Jun 27, 2016

GhilS and pa5t1s like this.
  9. barb Marshmallow Jun 27, 2016

barb, Jun 27, 2016 :
    I don't see patience.
    All I see is very frustrated and annoyed members. Desperately waiting for info, for their phones, for their ordered accessories..annoyed because money was taken from them immediately after the order was placed and no updates about delivery dates.
    Glad to see you finally take responsibility.
    Just a bit too late. Damage to their trust, their happy feeling of buying a beautiful device and the community is already done.

Why didn't you guys just skip the priority option for the launch period? You've been here before... Remember?

10. petemacuk Eclair Jun 27, 2016

petemacuk, Jun 27, 2016 :
    Well sounds good ,but let's see if it actually happens? Still waiting after ordering on the 14th and have had to many promises broken by this company

11. pa5t1s Marshmallow Jun 27, 2016

pa5t1s, Jun 27, 2016 :
    Thanks for the update @David S. [​IMG]
    For those unlucky who are waiting for their phone: believe me, it's worth the wait...

12. pa5t1s Marshmallow Jun 27, 2016

pa5t1s, Jun 27, 2016 :
    Rather a #shippingate... [​IMG]

The Joker and takenatdawn like this.
  13. repoo Froyo Jun 27, 2016

Hassanomar likes this.
  14. jayd95 Honeycomb Jun 27, 2016

jayd95, Jun 27, 2016 :
    Thanks for the update there has been alot of frustration from us we only asked for this kind of an answer, WHen will the orders start shipping?

bloomylicious likes this.
  15. domnerus Honeycomb Jun 27, 2016

domnerus, Jun 27, 2016 :
    I have ordered on 16th, still waiting, chat team promised to get tracking number last week, none of it happened. I was not offered promotional codes.

16. Benjos Honeycomb Jun 27, 2016

Benjos, Jun 27, 2016 :
    @David S. I have ordered on 14/06 and paid for priority shipping my order is marked as pending shipment untill now and there is no 20euro code neither a refund for the priority shipping cost that i have allready paid

stephenboyo likes this.
  17. bloomylicious Froyo Jun 27, 2016

bloomylicious, Jun 27, 2016 :
    Thank you for this update, but it should've come sooner than this. Don't leave delays like this to your 'customer service' system to explain, for example live chat and the support ticket system, as they've clearly been given no information and have no power to control what's going on, but have been stuck facing up to us who ordered on the 14th-15th for the best part of 2 weeks now.

Have more consideration for us and them, your employees, neither of us deserve such slow communication.

I understand any company can have issues, all you have to do is communicate honestly and quickly and people will be understanding.

Furthermore do not take payment until someone's item ships! I'd feel an awful lot less aggrieved if you had not taken my £309 taken 2 weeks ago then completely ignored me and many others.

Oh and finally, the giving of these £16 codes seems to be very inconsistent, some have not received the first discount code, more consistency is needed!

No-one cares how good your phone is if despite paying you for one they can't actually own it.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016

ph4sma, alextdarling, PeteT and 4 others like this.
  18. F_William_Ellison-Mullan Gingerbread Jun 27, 2016

takenatdawn likes this.
  19. chrisf123 Donut Jun 27, 2016

chrisf123, Jun 27, 2016 :
    It's unclear from your original post @David S. - can you confirm that accessories will be removed from any UK orders still pending shipment?

It's all well and good offering $10/$20 vouchers but my existing order is for OP3 and accessories which means the voucher codes are worthless as I wont use them.

To use the vouchers I need the accessories cancelling from the current order and refunding. If not, i'll need to order again to take advantage of the vouchers and return the original order which i'm sure you'll be keen to avoid otherwise you'll incure additional costs for returns/shipping etc. Your call.

barb likes this.
  20. David S. OnePlus Europe Staff Member Jun 27, 2016

David S., Jun 27, 2016 :
    We are looking into it, thanks for bringing this case to our attention.

Should be good right now for the rest of the EU.

Wednesday/Thursday

You should get an e-mail with this soon, could you send me your order number via PM? We'll check.

Yes.

Accessories not in stock and preventing the order from being dispatched should have been removed last week. If your order is still pending you are most likely to be in the UK and it means all should ship Wed/Thu.

GhilS, takenatdawn and repoo like this.