[OFFICIAL] Dear UK, your phones are on the way soon

1. patrice58
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 9, 2016

patrice58 , Jul 9, 2016 :
    Yeah in another life I used to work with TNT Heathrow and they did not work on the weekend either. Not the national delivery part of the hub anyway, airport runs are 20/7.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016

KingFAS likes this.
  2. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jul 9, 2016

toastytoast1234 , Jul 9, 2016 :
    So the S7 arrived. Just under 16 hours from hitting confirm on the order to the nice Polish man turning up at my front door. And with a real-time tracker for the delivery van too.

I now look forward to another couple of years of the girlfriend asking me to fix her phone because it won't let her do X.

domnerus likes this.
  3. Deactivated User
    Jul 9, 2016

domnerus likes this.
  4. ffcwickford
    Eclair Jul 9, 2016

ffcwickford , Jul 9, 2016 :
    My OP3 was ordered on Wednesday 6th July and I am expecting delivery via DHL on Tuesday 12th July - I will let you know when it arrives.

I owned an OP1 for three months and then traded it in for an OP2 which I have had since July 2015 and I have never had any need to complain about either of my acquisitions and I do not expect it to happen now.

I am 57 years old - regularly like new toys! - and have a very relaxed attitude about life, it is far too short to get hung up on things that vex you and make you see red.

The glass is 'ALWAYS' half full and it always will be - being an early retired primary school teacher in the UK gives me that outlook!

Be Happy!

5. patrice58
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 9, 2016

patrice58 , Jul 9, 2016 :
    As happy as I am that you have your phone I am pissed I don't have mine. How's your phone treating you?

lolegend likes this.
  6. patrice58
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 10, 2016

patrice58 , Jul 10, 2016 :
    That's a great attitude to have, but due to you being a retired primary school teacher I have to point out the grammatical error in your sentence. The word "and" should never follow a full stop or a exclamation mark and anything after a exclamation mark should also be capitalized. (I'm sorry I feel like a nasty person now as everything you were saying was really positive.)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016

domnerus likes this.
  7. redael
    Donut Jul 10, 2016

redael , Jul 10, 2016 :
    Was very happy to see my OP3 had been delivered to my local DHL service point yesterday and collected it on the way home from work , it was scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

Spent a good few hours checking for faults , that everything was working and then setting it up. Initially my UK SIM wouldn't function for calls and the Irish SIM in slot 2 was constantly losing signal but after a reboot both issues fixed themselves.

The only issue remaining for me appears to be with Spotify which after a while claims that songs aren't available even though it plays them , I've noticed that if the green indicator on the menu tab isn't present I get this issue. Killing the app and restarting fixes this until it reoccurs.

The device was well worth the wait and Dash charging does what it promises (even if the branding on the charger and cable is upside down lol).

Now if only NatWest would get on the Android Pay train I'd be happy.

8. domnerus
    Honeycomb Jul 10, 2016

9. Deactivated User
    Jul 10, 2016

patrice58 likes this.
  10. lindi215
    Donut Jul 10, 2016

lindi215 , Jul 10, 2016 :
    I'm very excited to say that I will hopefully (fingers crossed) be receiving my OP3 tomorrow which I'll pick up from a collection point - I ordered on the 25th June with standard shipping. I had to open a ticket and get it chased a few times in the process but fingers crossed when I collect it tomorrow it will all work.....currently feel like its christmas eve!

11. Sean5509
    Donut Jul 10, 2016

Sean5509 , Jul 10, 2016 :
    Not yet . Tuesday supposedly but I'm not getting too excited.
    @johnnyjungle You have any news on your order yet?

domnerus likes this.
  12. fredewis
    Froyo Jul 10, 2016

fredewis , Jul 10, 2016 :
    Guys 45 mins before the price hike ;)....well done to the lucky people with a more expensive phone now than when they bought it ;)

13. Sighn
    Gingerbread Jul 11, 2016

14. patrice58
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 11, 2016

patrice58 , Jul 11, 2016 :
    I feel like ordering another one just in case the one I get tomorrow is a bit sup par (the screen.) Since it is still £309.99 not sure if that is a great idea or just plain madness.

15. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jul 11, 2016

toastytoast1234 , Jul 11, 2016 :
    Well it arrived. Looks pretty cool.

DHL dude recognised the package and asked if he could see it (he has an OPO, has been thinking about buying this). I told him the price was about to go up and he was sad. He then asked if it arrived within a couple of days, which gave me an uncontrollable fit of laughter. Thankfully I hadn't got the box open yet at that point because damn this thing is slippy.

16. Salty Wagyu
    Froyo Jul 11, 2016

Salty Wagyu , Jul 11, 2016 :
    Got an email on the 8th saying my OP3 was shipped but the tracking button on the OnePlus orders page gives a "Tracking does not exist". It's been 4 days despite the email saying it would take 24 hours for the number to become active

17. jamiropolska
    Cupcake Jul 11, 2016

jamiropolska , Jul 11, 2016 :
    Mine is at home.
    It arrived as originally scheduled...one day in advance to be honest (original delivery date at purchase was July 12).
    I will unbox it this evening!

domnerus likes this.
  18. Sean5509
    Donut Jul 11, 2016

Sean5509 , Jul 11, 2016 :
    Try the tracking number given in your shipped email on the DHL tracking page. Mine said Royal Mail but it is actually DHL handling the shipping.

19. F_Kai_Day_pWCR
    Cupcake Jul 11, 2016

F_Kai_Day_pWCR , Jul 11, 2016 :
    Mine comes today! I'm not at home, so hopefully a housemate is and I don't have to go picking it up from a sorting center! Should have got it delivered to work, but ah well

20. parkesman
    Cupcake Jul 11, 2016

parkesman , Jul 11, 2016 :
    Mine came today. Ordered on the 3rd of July.
    DHL driver dumped it outside my front door in broad daylight.
    Anyone could have taken it.
    Luckily a family member was home for lunch.