Not open for further replies.
  1. locxFIN
    KitKat Jan 8, 2017

2. waseemmayaa
    Donut Jan 18, 2017

3. coolrevi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 18, 2017

coolrevi , Jan 18, 2017 :
    They have explained in gplus page. Rc bulid will have many experimental features. Weekly and official build will have more stable features officially merged to du sources

4. locxFIN
    KitKat Jan 18, 2017

locxFIN , Jan 18, 2017 :
    Not always - for a couple of weeks RC builds were more stable than Weekly because the fixes weren't pushed into the official tree yet.

Basically RC builds are built by Shreesha and they are privately tested before releasing to public, so they are not really experimental. Once all the known bugs are dealt with, it can be released as Official. Weeklies are like CM's Nightlies, they're automatic builds, not really tested by anyone, but the tree won't be updated until Shreesha knows the code works (based on the work on RC's).

5. ponczoszek
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2017

6. locxFIN
    KitKat Jan 18, 2017

7. ponczoszek
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2017

ponczoszek , Jan 18, 2017 :
    U've flashed newest DD over oos 3.5.6 and U dont have random reboots? uuh promising on Lineage and CM 14.1 and on tesla I had them.

8. locxFIN
    KitKat Jan 18, 2017

locxFIN , Jan 18, 2017 :
    Well personally I flashed only the firmware zip but I asked other guys and they said it's fine now. And no, I'm not facing any rr's on DU, then again neither did I on CM, RR or Tesla so if you flash it and it keeps happening, the fault may be elsewhere.

9. locxFIN
    KitKat Jan 19, 2017

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017

coolrevi likes this.
  10. ponczoszek
    Gingerbread Jan 19, 2017

ponczoszek , Jan 19, 2017 :
    After almost 24 hours on weekly/RC I didn't encountered a single RR, I can see hope!
    I have two questions tho, is there a chance to set alert slider to vibrate only?
    Second one is the led customization not fully implemented? Coz I can change the colors but can't find the option to change the blink patterns. @locxFIN
    Edit
    One random restart happened ehhh

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017

11. boshk
    Froyo Jan 20, 2017

12. locxFIN
    KitKat Jan 20, 2017

locxFIN , Jan 20, 2017 :
    I asked Shreesha and he said he'll see what he can do.

It should if you have 3.5.6 firmware.

boshk and ponczoszek like this.
  13. boshk
    Froyo Jan 20, 2017

boshk , Jan 20, 2017 :
    Yes... I'm on 3.5.6
    I'll give it a try in a week...
    Thanks for the info

locxFIN likes this.
  14. pryggi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 20, 2017

pryggi , Jan 20, 2017 :
    Tested briefly the RC from 19.01. Clean flash. Full openGapps. Play store gave continuous FC during the setup wizard. It was impossible to restore apps/data from Google backup, due to these FCs. After a reboot Play Store FC stopped.

Noticed that in Maps the timeline/location history does not work, says: Try again later.

I was mainly interested in testing Google Camera photo sphere performance. DU creates spheres consisting of 37 segments, same as on OOS. The fewer segments you have, the harder the stitching is (more errors), so on my Nexus sphere consists of 51 segments, thus the nadir and zenith have much better stitching than on OP2. On OP2, I miss the camera configuration from Shreesha's CM THUG edition, as then it also produced spheres consisting of 51 segments.

I wonder is anyone knows, what settings affects this (HAL version?), whether the sphere needs 37 vs 51 shots?

15. locxFIN
    KitKat Jan 20, 2017

locxFIN , Jan 20, 2017 :
    There was a new RC uploaded later yesterday to address that issue, try that one if the issue persists. No idea on the photo sphere.

16. ponczoszek
    Gingerbread Jan 20, 2017

ponczoszek , Jan 20, 2017 :
    Tomorrow when I'll get back home I'll try to get some logs maybe it'll help @Shreesha Murthy, afaik @Grarak is also aware bout this and he already got logs from some1. Thanks @locxFIN for passing it to Shreesha.

17. locxFIN
    KitKat Jan 20, 2017

locxFIN , Jan 20, 2017 :
    I'm not sure if either of them is actually a bug - seems more like a missing feature. I don't know if log helps here then, but sure it won't hurt either. Also if it regards both Shreesha and Grarak, it's probably not one source dependent and both have to implement them separately.

18. ponczoszek
    Gingerbread Jan 20, 2017

ponczoszek , Jan 20, 2017 :
    Ooh I thought u meant my random reboots... I know logs won't help implementing features

19. locxFIN
    KitKat Jan 21, 2017

locxFIN , Jan 21, 2017 :
    Ah I see. Well in that case logs could help. Grab them if you experience another one and send here/pm me/tweet Shreesha and I'm sure he'll see what he can do about that too :D

20. G_Rumble_down_iLAh
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2017

G_Rumble_down_iLAh , Jan 21, 2017 :
    Loving this ROM so far, but the charging animation when the phone is off is reaaallyy small text that says charging ??/100. Dunno if its intentional or not but I'm assuming its not. If anyone knows how to change it or what files I have to modify to change it I would love to know :)