Official Game of Thrones (Season 7) Discussion Thread

1. gringoboy
    Lollipop May 29, 2016

2. Ruvy
    Honeycomb May 29, 2016

Ruvy , May 29, 2016 :
    Only relief while watching season 6 is that book readers can no more spoil it for us. Downside is that the TV series has drifted apart a lot from books now and we might never see how George R.R. Martin plans to kill them all. :D
    P.S. - Martin acknowledged he had different killing plans for Hodor.

3. Lizzie232
    Gingerbread May 30, 2016

Lizzie232 , May 30, 2016 :
    I was just thinking there hadn't been much incest for a while, then whadya know.

4. Tobikage
    Nougat May 30, 2016

Tobikage , May 30, 2016 :
    Atleast it wasn't next to a corpse or something right ? :p

5. Lizzie232
    Gingerbread May 30, 2016

Lizzie232 , May 30, 2016 :
    True! Woops should mine have gone in a spoiler thingy? Oh well, people know that's going on by now.

6. locxFIN
    KitKat Jun 7, 2016

7. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 7, 2016

Tobikage , Jun 7, 2016 :
    Haven't seen or read about it yet.

But "The Broken Man" sounds to me like
    the return of The Hound . A bit too obvious with that title.

jpswer likes this.
  8. locxFIN
    KitKat Jun 7, 2016

locxFIN , Jun 7, 2016 :
    Do you want a spoiler or not :D

Well I was surprised he came back, that was my first WTF. Then what happened to Arya, that was the second. Then there's the two sieges about to start, love to see how they turn out. Somehow I doubt Jon can fail at this but I also wonder how he'll manage to win with an army like that. Wasn't it stated on the first season that it takes 10x the men to take Winterfell or something? Or does Jon and Sansa know something about it that Ramsay and we don't?

Might want to click that only after watching ;)

9. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 7, 2016

Tobikage , Jun 7, 2016 :
    Naah....not too bothered by spoilers and all.

Already read too many fan theories that some might come true anyway. :p

The return of The Hound was just a guess since he wasn't actually killed on screen and "broken man" sounds an apt description for him.
    Abother popular theory that seems to be doing the rpunds is....
    If he was taken in and rescued by The Faith(I'm assuming) , we might get to see the Clegane brothers fight it out in Cersei's trial by combat.
    I'm hoping for a Hodor comeback too :p
    I doubt the Waif will be successful in killing Arya after so much time....or that be a monumental waste of screen time and ink :p

I guess Sansa , Jon and Co are still playing salesman to the other Northerner's ?

Unless there's a returning Lady Stoneheart this season , I doubt there's much that can be spoilt or something that hasn't been theorized or thought of.

That and actual confirmation of what happened at the Tower of Joy.

I'm more interested for some more Ramsey Snow Bolton and Rickon Stark interaction :p

Maybe a bit of Tyrion and Varys talking :p

locxFIN likes this.
  10. mjpsammon
    Honeycomb Jun 7, 2016

mjpsammon , Jun 7, 2016 :
    I think the best dialog in this latest episode was the verbal thrashing that Lady Olenna gave Cersei.

"I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall."
    "You've lost, Cersei. It's the only joy I can find in all this misery."

11. niijonodhg
    Honeycomb Jun 7, 2016

niijonodhg , Jun 7, 2016 :
    This. Loved this scene! Entire episode was pretty decent, much better than the previous weeks. Though I didn't envy last weeks episode, since it had to follow Hodor.

12. jpswer
    Jelly Bean Jun 7, 2016

jpswer , Jun 7, 2016 :
    Good episode! It's been a mixed bag this series I feel. I feel too much treading water while we wait for the big battles ;)

13. locxFIN
    KitKat Jun 7, 2016

locxFIN , Jun 7, 2016 :
    I don't think it was explained very well who took him. Well, there was a Septon but surprise surprise he got killed. So I don't know if he's taken any of the Faith stuff in him.

The Waif did stab her quite badly, it will be a miracle if she survives. I don't think those belong to GoT but you never know. And yes, it would've been quite anticlimactic end to that chapter :D

Was the Tower of Joy somehow that important? I mean, what is it even? There are plenty of moments we don't know about Ned's life so why is everyone so curious about that?

Yeah I wonder if Ramsay will work his magic on Rickon and if it will be shown on camera. What I'm looking forward to is the meeting of the Snows and how that is gonna look :D

14. gringoboy
    Lollipop Jun 7, 2016

gringoboy , Jun 7, 2016 :
    Ha ha. Great dialogue. She's a fine lady, though she's aged a bit...
    [​IMG]

Tobikage and theshinybeast like this.
  15. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 7, 2016

Tobikage , Jun 7, 2016 :
    More important than you could imagine if you haven't been reading stuff on Reddit and other sites.

Google : R+L=J

I doubt she'll die that easily TBH.
    Would have been quite a waste of a character if that's how it went down after all of what happened.
    Unless Maisie Williams suddenly decided to drop out of the show or something :p

He probably will....but I'm guessing the Stark loyalists will arrive just in the nick of time to save him.
    That is the prevalent theory.
    The Hound wouldn't give up a chance to fight his zombified brother.

My guess is.... it's either the Hound vs The Mountain
    Or
    The Mountain vs Loras Tyrell as a last chance to atone for his sins.
    Furthering the Tyrell vs Lannister semi friendly feud if he gets killed.

The High Sparrow always seems to be a step ahead of everyone in Kings Landing .

He seems to have a bit of Littlefinger as well as Varys in him :p

locxFIN likes this.
  16. locxFIN
    KitKat Jun 7, 2016

locxFIN , Jun 7, 2016 :
    Ah, I've read about R+L=J but I didn't know it had something to do with the tower. So it can confirm the theory, but can it debunk it?

The death wasn't shown, but a poor bleeding girl wandering on the streets doesn't seem promising. All I'm saying is that if a person gets into that place, it's in the GoT spirit to get them killed. This isn't some soap opera.

Clegane battle would be awesome, but right now I don't see why he would fight for the Faith or why he would even return to King's Landing for that matter.

Yeah High Sparrow sure has something up his sleeve. I loved the way he was smirking when Tommen announced the alliance between the Crown and the Faith. But in this episode, did I interpret it correctly that Margaery had some plan on her own too?

17. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 7, 2016

Tobikage , Jun 7, 2016 :
    Probably no way to debunk it since nobody knows what happened until we Bran sees it .....and Ned was always sort of avoiding that topic.
    Jon seems to be the best bet for now coz Daenerys is slowly turning into "Crazy Dragon Lady" more than "Savoir of Westeros" and she seems unaware of the threat of Whitewalkers.

I'm guessing she'll survive......one way or another.
    That'd be epic indeed !!

He hates his brother.....nothing else he needs as motivation.

He seems like a harmless old man on the outside at first....but with Tommen playing a puppy dog , he's far more powerful than almost everyone now .
    But just religion doesn't seem like a good enough argument for what he's doing IMO.

Haven't seen it yet ;).....but considering Margaery knows how to play her cards better than Cersei , she must have something in mind.

18. sommersy
    KitKat Jun 7, 2016

sommersy , Jun 7, 2016 :
    Hey, the Hound is magically back, yaay...:rolleyes:

Well OK, as annoyed by the obvious sop to the TV fans as I am by that, it is good to see McCann back! Didn't realise his much I missed him in the show :D

By the way, am I the only one who's kind of disappointed in Arya? It's like she learned nothing from the Faceless Men. Also, how does a girl stumble down the street with that much obvious blood loss without anyone really doing anything about it? That whole thing doesn't really add up for me.

Tobikage likes this.
  19. locxFIN
    KitKat Jun 7, 2016

locxFIN , Jun 7, 2016 :
    She'll probably live, for now anyway. We'll see.

Yeah but he has hated him all the time, why didn't he go against him earlier, why would he now suddenly remember that he's got unfinished business with him?

A few short episodes to go and we'll see what's what...

Tobikage likes this.
  20. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 7, 2016

Tobikage , Jun 7, 2016 :
    We have one resurrected Clegane....no surprise the Hound isn't dead either.

If The Faith is in any way involved in the Hounds comeback , he'd be the clear choice to face off against The Mountain.... sibling rivalry :p

And considering he was a member of the Kingsguard and the Mountain (version1) was working for the Lannisters army , he'd have no opportunity to go up against him.
    I haven't seen the episode yet but tolerate my outlandish out of this world nonsense theory for once....
    Remember how the Three Eyed Raven kept saying to Bran that he'll become his replacement ? Hell become "him"

Jaqen H'ghar keeps saying he's "No one" and Arya has to become "No one" to finish her training and the Jaqen H'ghar we know is just another face from the hall , maybe it was him who got stabbed by the Waif and not Arya ?
    We dunno how old he is anyway.
    We haven't seen him actually kill anyone actually deserving right ?
    Maybe Arya passed his two fold test when she let the actress live ?

Maybe why he asked for a swift non suffering death hoping the Waif will do his final bidding ?
    Maybe a parallel there ?
    Maybe she has some trick up her sleeve ? She's resourceful......we know that.
    And considering she passed her blind audition , she'd be hard to kill than being stabbed IMO.

And I doubt she'll be walking on the streets if she was stabbed multiple times.....Jon Snow for example.

I'll come back with something better than this at 2AM right now after I actually see the episode tomorrow :p