ROM [OFFICIAL][LINEAGE OS/CM14.1][ONEPLUS2] [DISCUSSIONS][DOWNLOADS]

1. J.Nogueira
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2017

J.Nogueira , Sep 29, 2017 :
    No wifi drops here as well, try to do a new flash doing this:

- Download LOS latest nightly, opengapps, Franco/Boeffla Kernel to a folder on your phone;
    - go TWRP and on Wipe, click advanced wipe and clear system;
    - Flash with this order: LOS; openGAPPs, Kernel;
    - Clear Cache and Dalvik

Reboot your phone (it will take like 10 to 15 minutes to boot. It is normal).
    If is still unstable, please consider clean start (wipe data). I know it is bad, but...

Cheers

tadydrift likes this.
  2. tadydrift
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2017

3. ruiquan
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2017

ruiquan , Sep 29, 2017 :
    But you’re still lighting up the entire screen, why not simply turn it on anyway?

elhasi likes this.
  4. MrTalon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2017

5. malerocks
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2017

malerocks , Sep 29, 2017 :
    There is a drastic difference in the amount of power the screen consumes when it lights up as an ambient screen and when it lights up as a regular screen. If you pay attention, brightness on the ambient screen is way down as compared to the regular screen, but it's still clearly visible because the background is all black. LCDs that generally support this also have a low power mode that can be used for ambient displays.

6. ruiquan
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2017

ruiquan , Sep 29, 2017 :
    Asking again isn’t going to make it magically appear.

tadydrift and MrTalon like this.
  7. ruiquan
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2017

ruiquan , Sep 29, 2017 :
    Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe black on LCDs have little to no effect on battery savings. The low brightness does but I’ve my screen set to a quite low brightness (20-25%) that I might as well turn the screen on and use the phone instead of having it ambiently light up. So if you’re using a dark background and very low brightness, would ambient display still be as useful?

8. dabendra
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2017

dabendra , Sep 29, 2017 :
    The builds are freezed,
    The Builds are not progressing, maybe some issue in server.
    If you are desperate you can keep checking the status at https://www.lineageoslog.com/build

tadydrift likes this.
  9. Deactivated User
    Sep 29, 2017

MrTalon likes this.
  10. malerocks
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2017

malerocks , Sep 29, 2017 :
    I mentioned the black background to highlight that because it's black, its easy to see the notification even if the screen's brightness is extremely low. I believe ambient screen brightness would be even lower than the 20% you have set. Plus the ambient screen goes off a lot sooner as compared to the regular screen after no activity.

That said, if you don't see a use for it. Switch it off. That's the benefit of a custom rom. You can have your phone how you like

11. kailamaris
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2017

kailamaris , Sep 29, 2017 :

Well, my assumption is that there will be no more Android 7.1.1 Nougat (LOS14.1) build for some devices at least...
    Maybe their focus is on Android 8 Oreo now instead.
    Just a thought.
    Maybe I'm wrong.

12. kailamaris
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2017

kailamaris , Sep 29, 2017 :

Well, my assumption is that there will be no more Android 7.1.1 Nougat (LOS14.1) build for some devices at least...
    Maybe their focus is on Android 8 Oreo now instead.
    Just a thought.
    Maybe I'm wrong.

13. ruiquan
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2017

ruiquan , Sep 29, 2017 :
    Yup. I haven’t enabled it on my OP2. Tried it In fact all features should be opt in not out. Black makes sense for oled though. I would usually turn screen on and off quickly to glance at anything I've missed. But I've most of my notifications off, and I hardly read any messages unless I feel like so, hence ambient doesn't make sense to me and I still prefer the notification Led.

14. yesaswi92
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2017

yesaswi92 , Sep 30, 2017 :
    Phone is becomes very slow, when battery is below 20% - [LINEAGE OS/CM14.1][ONEPLUS2]

I am using the LineageOS [2017.09.14] with Boeffla Kernel. The OS is very nice, but I amhaving issues when the battery is low. Whenever the battery falls below 20%, the phone becomes painstakingly slow! It's almost like the cpu usage is highly restricted to save the battery. But it becomes too hard to use the phone.

Is this a bug or a feature? If it is a feature, how can I edit this?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017

15. tadydrift
    Honeycomb Sep 30, 2017

tadydrift , Sep 30, 2017 :
    So latest nightly flash with stock kernel.
    Got a freeze within 24H
    then i flashed franco kernel, got one reboot.

since yesterday and now i have nothing eveeything is runing smooth

laurboss likes this.
  16. tadydrift
    Honeycomb Sep 30, 2017

tadydrift , Sep 30, 2017 :
    The boeffla kernel 6.1 beta 10 was stable as hell on the previous nightly, i will report for my usage and if i have one more reboots i'll go back to boeffla kernel

MrTalon likes this.
  17. MrTalon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 30, 2017

MrTalon , Sep 30, 2017 :
    1506765371744.jpg
    guys my network supports 2,4 and 5ghz. and it's drops everytime to 2,4 GHz.

is there a way in LineageOS that you can adjust 5ghz only?

18. malerocks
    Honeycomb Sep 30, 2017

malerocks , Sep 30, 2017 :
    Do it the other way round. Many routers will allow you to set 2 networks - one for 2.4 and one for 5. Do that and only add the one with 5ghz to your phone. That will ensure it stays on that.

Dominik1994 likes this.
  19. Brijesh42
    Froyo Oct 1, 2017

20. Dominik1994
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2017

Dominik1994 , Oct 1, 2017 :
    Did that exactly like you described and never had a problem with that. Try that.