ROM [OFFICIAL][LINEAGE OS/CM14.1][ONEPLUS2] [DISCUSSIONS][DOWNLOADS]

1. J.Nogueira
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2017

J.Nogueira , Oct 13, 2017 :
    Found out now that boeffla kernel supports LOS OTA update successfully. Franco kernel does not allow the regular Los OTA update.
    I am now running on the latest nightly without custom kernel. Let's see how it goes.

Cheers

tadydrift likes this.
  2. tadydrift
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2017

tadydrift , Oct 13, 2017 :
    oh really, i'll try latest boeffla tho

3. J.Nogueira
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2017

J.Nogueira , Oct 13, 2017 :
    I am finding now boeffla more stable than Franco kernel. This is visible since the last build of September. The truth is that Franco kernel is not updated since 14th of august. This makes a world of differences.

So I am sticking back to boeffla. And with the plus that does not break the LOS OTA system :D

Cheers

tadydrift likes this.
  4. Document02
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2017

Document02 , Oct 13, 2017 :
    Trying the same here

5. elhasi
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2017

elhasi , Oct 13, 2017 :
    Because iOS is rage-inducing? And barely customizable compared to Android? ;)

6. ruiquan
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2017

ruiquan , Oct 13, 2017 :
    It isn’t. The people attacking the other side are. Thinking their’s the best when there isn’t a best. Some things are better on Android, others on iOS.

7. elhasi
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2017

elhasi , Oct 13, 2017 :
    Wow, what an ignorant post. Why are you quoting me? Do you actually refer to what I wrote (with a wink at the end)?

Sure, the rage-inducing part is a subjective joke, but for me it's true. But Android being more customizable is just a fact.

And I never said that Android is the best. For my personal preferences, it certainly is best, no doubt. But iOS is in some areas a superior OS, and Android is superior in other areas. No big deal.

I gues that's what I get for making a light-hearted comment :oops::D

8. ruiquan
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2017

ruiquan , Oct 13, 2017 :
    1 year old device vs few months old. Granted the 7 is still a great device but it's launch price was higher in most countries compared to the 5

9. ruiquan
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2017

ruiquan , Oct 13, 2017 :
    I didn't state you said anything. Those that attack the other side because they are superior are still rage inducing though. Customisablity wise, I could also argue iPhone usually have more case choices, it's still a way of customisation. Even though most refer to being more customisable as on screen customisation.

10. arminth
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2017

ruiquan likes this.
  11. Document02
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2017

Document02 , Oct 14, 2017 :
    Been running the latest nightly with stock kernel.. Seems ok for the moment. No reboot or hangs so far (1/2 day).

J.Nogueira and tadydrift like this.
  12. tadydrift
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2017

tadydrift , Oct 14, 2017 :
    was just going to ask about it, i didn't tested the stock kernel, went straight to boeffla kernel

13. J.Nogueira
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2017

J.Nogueira , Oct 14, 2017 :
    No freezes or reboots here as well. :) If I find something I will share here right after.

tadydrift likes this.
  14. anup_nitrkl
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2017

anup_nitrkl , Oct 14, 2017 :
    Hello, tried this and screen got stuck at boot. Did a clean flash with backup and phone started back. I did the below process

Dirty flash 3 zips in queues
    Latest LOS>>BOEFFLA>>OP2 camera+gallery zip

Where did I go wrong?

15. Document02
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2017

tadydrift likes this.
  16. Document02
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2017

Wipe cache and dalvik...

tadydrift likes this.
  17. anup_nitrkl
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2017

anup_nitrkl , Oct 14, 2017 :
    Did that too.. Still it got at boot for like an hour before I manually restarted into recovery and then clean flashed to start the phone. Not sure what went wrong...

But 1 thing to note now on the latest LOS update; HD calling option is now available for JIO LTE. So no need to use JIO4G Voice app to call.

tadydrift likes this.
  18. Document02
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2017

Ok, latest nightly seems stable. Can't say anything about battery as I had a non standard day.
    Yipeeeee

burnout123 and tadydrift like this.
  19. J.Nogueira
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2017

J.Nogueira , Oct 14, 2017 :
    First, check your md5sums. It doesn't hurt :)

Then do like this:
    Wipe -> advanced wipe
    Chose system and clear it

Then flash on this order
    LOS zip
    Open gapps zip
    Camera+gallery zip
    Any other zips
    Boeffla zip

Clear cache and Dalvik and then reboot. Wait 20 minutes.
    I am using the very same setup as yours and this way, no problems seen.

Please let us know if worked.
    Cheers

tadydrift likes this.
  20. ruiquan
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2017

ruiquan , Oct 15, 2017 :
    Make sure you're using the correct LOS file and that it's not partially downloaded. (I keep the previous nightly in case the new one has any issues like bootloops so I can revert)
    Make sure you're using the correct kernel file as specified, Boeffla requires one of the newer betas (I keep the one that's working and download the newer one, ie I keep Beta 13 if there's a Beta 14)
    I also keep unsu and any uninstallers zips in case my device bootloops.

I would flash just the nightly first then reboot, if that doesn't boot, I would flash uninstallers.
    If still bootloop, I just revert to last nightly until I have the time to flash zips and find which one might have caused a bootloop.