Official OnePlus Accessories!

1. Masson
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2014

Masson , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Hi all,

I ordered the official OnePlus Screen Protector, the Official Clear Case and the Flip Cover.

I just wanted to give a mini-review/my thoughts on them for anyone who's interested in them (when they come back in stock)

First off, the packaging is superb. This is expected as OnePlus never disappoints with the familiar red and white theme and the premium boxing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More photos of packaging:
    http://i.imgur.com/AgMPidh.jpg

Clear Plastic Cover:
    I've been reading negative comments/reviews about the case up until this point, and kind of understand the complaints. It is exactly as advertised, it is a low profile plastic shell that will protect your phone from minor scratches, scuffs and allow you to place your phone down on the table without worrying about it getting dinged. With my previous iPhone's, HTC's, Nexus 5, 7, etc. I've always had this types of cases. I take great caution with my phones and just want something that will allow me to place the device down without worrying about the camera lens or any other part of the back to be scratched.

So, in this sense, I think the plastic cover does it's job...almost. Within minutes of placing the case onto my phone, I gave it a quick wipe with my cotton shirt and low and behold, my cotton shirt had scratched the case somehow. I couldn't believe it and try to smudge it away and only came back with another small scratch. The material/coating on the back is extremely frail and is extremely prone to scratches. This was pretty disappointing considering it was $10.

The biggest grip was not having that incredibly unique and excellent feel of the Sandstone backing. This case is pretty slick, and I am almost weary of it slipping out of my hand. Another downer is the bulk, although minimal, that it added to the device. I had been using my OnePlus without a case for about 2 weeks now and had really fallen in love with the feel and size of the device. The few mm's of the case made a difference, but I'm sure I'll get used to it...

I will use this case for a few days and see how I feel about it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few more shots:
    http://imgur.com/q3puGLL
    http://imgur.com/rDfbfLH

The Flip Cover:
    At first glance the flip cover looked excellent. It provided a nice feel and I liked that access to the volume buttons.

But it pretty much stops there. It covers the notification light completely. Also, the construction of the case seems very rough and cheap. The edges all around the flap look incomplete and rushed. It looks like the edges will start peeling with immediate use. There were also some areas on the front flap that were uneven.

For $15, I may just have to force myself to use this for a bit when I get tired of the clear case.

[​IMG]

As for the screen protector, I haven't even opened it or used it because I have been using a screen protector from illumishield that I ordered a few weeks back on Amazon, which has been working OK.

Those are my thoughts on everything. Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer...

Thanks guys.

2. muddy46
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2014

Masson likes this.
  3. erbilium
    Eclair Jul 24, 2014

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014

4. sarahsull
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2014

Masson likes this.
  5. Simeon718
    Donut Jul 24, 2014

Simeon718 , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Nice! If anyone has an invite, I'd love one, I'm phoneless been waiting months still hoping.

6. brittonraya
    Lollipop Jul 24, 2014

brittonraya , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Thanks mate. I think i'll pass on the factory accessories. I understand this is how they plan to make money but i'll wait for accessories 2.0 for the oneplus 2

7. JusRaza
    Donut Jul 24, 2014

JusRaza , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Flip cover definitely does look sexy. It's a shame it doesn't live up to its looks.

8. atomic_man
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2014

Masson likes this.
  9. Masson
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2014

Masson , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Also,

I ordered 2 TPU cases from eBay that I've been waiting nearly a month for...

10. atomic_man
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2014

atomic_man , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Chinaaaaaaaaaa ^^

Masson likes this.
  11. fallenelf86
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 24, 2014

Masson likes this.
  12. bluecollardroid
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2014

Masson likes this.
  13. erbilium
    Eclair Jul 24, 2014

14. exciTiop
    Froyo Jul 24, 2014

15. Masson
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2014

Masson , Jul 24, 2014 :
    I need a case to protect this case.

Funzbob likes this.
  16. Kazekumiho

Kazekumiho , Jul 24, 2014 :
    I got the green case, and it doesn't even fit on my OPO. The top snaps on nicely, but on the bottom, the two sides compete to embrace the phone. It's a good thing that's just an interim case until my aluminum bumpers get here! :D

Masson likes this.
  17. Masson
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2014

Masson , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Yikes, that sounds pretty bad :(

Kazekumiho likes this.
  18. Kazekumiho

Kazekumiho , Jul 24, 2014 :
    It's kind of like the bottom isn't wide enough, like, you know how the case just slightly comes around to the front of the phone and hugs it? My phone's chest get's a standard hug, but its butt gets the one-arm. XD

19. Masson
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2014

Funzbob, mamarios and Kazekumiho like this.
  20. Masson
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2014

Masson , Jul 24, 2014 :
    What does your status mean Nexus 6 quit date "you got it"?

Kazekumiho likes this.