Official OnePlus X Marshmallow! (OTA Download Guide)

?

Do you like Marshmallow on the OnePlus X?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

6.7%
  3. I Just want Android Nougat!

26.7%
  1. itechuk12
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2016

itechuk12 , Sep 28, 2016 :
    Hello, OnePlus X USERS, Today is a great day!
    Today I made a video on how to download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update if you are outside the US my new video on YouTube will help you out a lot! I knew today they were releasing the update today (Wednesday 28th September 2016) but I wanted to experience it now (BTW I'm in the UK). And yes I do know that you all probably have the update!

Comment down if you want me to review for the OnePlus X device with Android 6.0
    Check my video out here:

Reginald davis and GQuinn1972 like this.
  2. opticoverload
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 28, 2016

3. gzeigler
    Donut Sep 28, 2016

gzeigler , Sep 28, 2016 :
    When will I learn? A couple years ago, when Android released Lollipop, I blindly installed it on my Google Nexus tablet, thinking that SURELY they had tested this update on their own product. Alas, the update rendered my tablet virtually useless, and since I was in the process of moving towards a phone instead of a tablet, I let it go at that point. Fast forward to today, when I was faced with the Marshmallow update. So far I have been so very happy with the One Plus X that I decided to throw caution to the wind for a second time.

Well, shame on ME for being an idiot. I had the Google Play Services and Google Play Store issue to the point where my phone was rendered useless because of the continuing popups. I wasn't able to back up my phone, but for the most part all my stuff is in the cloud anyway so the inevitable factory reset is simply an onerous process.

Never again. If I had done a little bit of prep before installing the update, I probably could have avoided this factory reset in the first place. I'm posting this in the hopes that it might help someone else avoid this nonsense. (I'm still VERY happy with the phone, though - this feels like an Android/Google problem, not a OnePlus problem.)

Cheers,
    Gretch

ilaria988, djokofiq and mauromiceli like this.
  4. mauromiceli
    Donut Sep 28, 2016

mauromiceli , Sep 28, 2016 :
    Well, actually it's a OP problem in the creation of a MM version with such an error and releasing it as an official release and OTA update. I'm really surprised that after so many months to work in the update this happened. But thanks for the warning. I think I'll wait for the .zip to download the OTA because I have rooted my OPX so I don't get OTAs. And I hope that that problem is then already solved.

5. gzeigler
    Donut Sep 28, 2016

gzeigler , Sep 28, 2016 :
    Wow, that's too bad: hasn't Marshmallow been around for almost a year now? I'm pretty new to Android but this seems like a long time to wait. And it still didn't work! :(

6. karthikpr
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2016

karthikpr , Oct 1, 2016 :
    I just upgraded my oneplus OS to Marshmallow. I am facing below mentioned problem, also checked with couple of forums I see many frustrated users and the below mentioned issues are similar. Contacted a support team and they suggested to restore/reset instead of escalating the issue to the concerned Team and fixing the issue which is a global issue and not to any one specific oneplus user.

1.Battery drains too fast.
    2.Minimize and maximize doesn't work that fast as before.
    3.Its gets stuck/hangs up in between and auto resumes on its own.
    4.Play store ****** up badly, Had to stop G+ and reboot
    5.Mobile started heating up.
    6.Application started crashing.
    7. Oneplus launcher keeps crashing with a popup message.

Any help???

7. rakesh_knr
    Eclair Oct 1, 2016

rakesh_knr , Oct 1, 2016 :
    The update seems perfect to me

8. emailMichael
    Donut Oct 1, 2016

emailMichael , Oct 1, 2016 :
    Yeah, OP problem. You are one of the lucky owners who did not experience any issues with the past OS.

OP built Oxygen OS from Lollipop and now Marshmallow (custom version). Is it an improvement? Maybe. Is it perfect? No.

Based solely on my personal experience, I would rather buy a device from a manufacturer who takes the OS released by Google and enhance it and not try and rebuild and reshape it to call it their own.

No doubt the OPX I bought is beautiful but OP created Oxygen OS and released it with a lot of bugs. Have a look at their forums. I can only wait and sit patiently hoping OP will fix all the bugs.

9. itechuk12
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2016

itechuk12 , Nov 7, 2016 :
    Yeah my battery life is rubbish aswell. Has yours improved yet?