ROM [OFFICIAL] [PARANOID ANDROID] [OP2] [INSTRUCTIONS]

1. pranayysharma
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 11, 2016

pranayysharma , Jun 11, 2016 :
    To each his own, I guess.
    I really like the default browser as its optimized for snapdragon and quite fast.
    About the theme engine, yes. It needs to get better.
    But i am sold on the battery life. So i love it.

u_proprio likes this.
  2. Vbhv
    Honeycomb Jun 11, 2016

3. droid.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 11, 2016

droid. , Jun 11, 2016 :
    Agreed. The CMTE will be better in upcoming builds.

Whenever the updates are ready ;)

jansvanda and pranayysharma like this.
  4. nielsscholte
    Eclair Jun 11, 2016

5. Jibin Philipose
    Eclair Jun 12, 2016

Jibin Philipose , Jun 12, 2016 :
    @Cool Droid Sorry if this question has already emerged couldnt go through all the comments. My question was will there be any problem if i flashed my pico gapps coz bank gapps is almost 300+ mb will there be any problem with pico gapps?

6. droid.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 12, 2016

droid. , Jun 12, 2016 :
    If you want then you can go for Nano GApps (not pico), many people have reported that it's working all fine.
    Just be sure that you give phone time to boot and you're on OOS3.0.2 firmware for everything to work.
    After booting, go to settings > apps > gear icon on top right > default apps > "phone app" and select your default dialer here, otherwise you'll have problems in calling and stuff.

Jibin Philipose likes this.
  7. souvikdas95

souvikdas95 , Jun 12, 2016 :
    what's wrong with pico gapps?

8. droid.

droid. , Jun 12, 2016 :
    I personally haven't tried, but many people reported that their calls, contacts related things are not working with pico and some are facing bootloops lol. But whatever way, the thing is in PA and guys need to solve it. I'm just eyeing on a new build :rolleyes:

9. kshitij1
    Donut Jun 12, 2016

kshitij1 , Jun 12, 2016 :
    Ya,this is the same problem i have experienced which has decreased the performance of the phone a little bit..though the animations are smooth at their place

10. Jibin Philipose
    Eclair Jun 12, 2016

Jibin Philipose , Jun 12, 2016 :
    Thanks for tge reply and the default apps thing..

11. u_proprio

u_proprio , Jun 12, 2016 :
    Maybe I'm easy to disappoint...but that's because I had high hopes about this ROM (perhaps too high) for what it represented in the past years. I know that I can set default apps but I also like to "keep it clean" and if you could just disable apps that you don't want to use, that would be great... (again, I know it can be done, with root, i just didn't want to do it...)

I tried to add the tile and i didn't noticed if it was available...i didn't see it (my bad on this one...) as i didn't see the option to set the double tap (home button) to "turn off" screen and i got used to it on CM and OOS.
    I guess i got used to the usability of OOS then... I used CyanogenMOD, AOKP and PA before but maybe this time, my high hopes got me "blinded"... Installed GApps "micro" instead of stock to keep it minimal to the apps i usually need.

Yep, battery life is pretty good and i have to give them credits for that.

Anyway...my comment objective was to give some feedback about my experience and personal opinion... I was not bashing on this.

For my daily usage it needs some improvements...so i'll try it again later on time.

pbergonzi likes this.
  12. pranayysharma

pranayysharma , Jun 12, 2016 :
    That's true. All these custom roms live off feedback, don't they? :p

13. akkiaks.ash
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2016

akkiaks.ash , Jun 12, 2016 :
    Hi can anyone tell me can I flash this ROM without root. Because if I root my oneplys2 I will loose warranty. Right?

14. bestlands
    KitKat Jun 12, 2016

bestlands , Jun 12, 2016 :
    Wrong, rooting unlocking and tinkering with the device is all covered under warranty

jansvanda and locxFIN like this.
  15. NaterTots
    Jelly Bean Jun 13, 2016

NaterTots , Jun 13, 2016 :

You don't need root access to unlock the bootloader or to flash a custom OS.

Root access is something you do after you've already flashed a third party OS.

16. evertking
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 13, 2016

jansvanda likes this.
  17. monotonie0815
    Eclair Jun 13, 2016

18. droid.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 13, 2016

droid. , Jun 13, 2016 :
    There's no new build till now lol, so issue is still present.

19. jansvanda
    Honeycomb Jun 13, 2016

20. piersandro
    Gingerbread Jun 13, 2016