ROM [OFFICIAL] [PARANOID ANDROID] [OP2] [INSTRUCTIONS]

1. logeekal
    Eclair Jun 22, 2016

logeekal , Jun 22, 2016 :
    Yesterday I clean flashed PA, got back to OOS 3.0.2 just after because FP was like OOS 2.x.x. anybody else faced this issues.

I was also getting random reboots, though some themes were were working great, specially Android N theme was just fabulous.

2. andrneumann
    Eclair Jun 22, 2016

andrneumann , Jun 22, 2016 :
    Anyone using xposed experiencing abnormal warming/heating? PA6.0 with only root kept cool at all times, but now 6.0.1 with root+xposed heats like a stove. Modules used: Amplify, greenify, gravbox, minminguard & rootcloak.

3. andrneumann
    Eclair Jun 24, 2016

andrneumann , Jun 24, 2016 :
    Audio stutter problem with bluetooth headphones. Audio stutters in games (Angry Birds 2, Minecraft Story Mode). Audio normal with speaker. Running pa6.0.1 with root. Spotify Music working fine, even with bluetooth plugs. V4A didnt help.

4. sidpk123
    Gingerbread Jun 25, 2016

sidpk123 , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Hi, I am currently on PA 6.0.
    Do i need to do any firmware flash to 3.0.2 or something like that?
    Also I wanted to flash audio fx, can someone provide me a link to where i can find that?

5. OPFanBoyTillEnd
    Honeycomb Jun 25, 2016

OPFanBoyTillEnd , Jun 25, 2016 :
    To me, it's crazy good. Standby time is awesome (1-2% per night, vs 9-10 of OxygenOS). I'd say you can aim to 6 or more (I get 4-5 on 24 hours usage).

6. kshitij1
    Donut Jun 25, 2016

kshitij1 , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Hey guys i used pa6.0.1 for a couple of days but the i flashed back to oos3.0.2. everything was going fine with me on aospa....but the app opening was slower,even the games loaded slow and lagged more than any other rom, the antutu score was always around 60k whils on oos 3.0.2 i get more than 85k,the fingerprint scanner was a tad bit slower,and the colours were dull,the whites were more yellowish,..all the comparisons in this draft are made with oos3.0.2.

7. piersandro
    Gingerbread Jun 29, 2016

piersandro , Jun 29, 2016 :
    Any news about charging the phone powered off bug? The (very rare) random reboots are tolerable, but this charging problem for me it's really annoying.
    When it is expected the new update?

8. droid.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 29, 2016

droid. , Jun 29, 2016 :
    I haven't seen anyone reporting that charging bug in second build (16/06). Did you perform a clean flash?
    If you're talking about random reboots while applying wallpaper, known. Anywhere else is an userspace error.

9. piersandro
    Gingerbread Jun 29, 2016

piersandro , Jun 29, 2016 :
    I have always the charging problem, I tried to update my ROM three times but the problem persists.
    Random reboots are very rare (two times in the last 12 days). Nothing special.

10. Sven.peters
    Froyo Jul 2, 2016

Sven.peters , Jul 2, 2016 :
    On PA Build Version 6.0.1 I'm facing the problem, that I it's impossible to switch between the different cellular modes (gsm, edge, wdcma, HSPA, LTE).
    For both sim cards network type "GSM" is preselected and cannot be changed.
    Anybody with the same issue and maybe a workaround for this?

System Stats:
    PA 6.0.1
    SuperSU 2.74
    no busybox installed
    TWRP 3.0.2-0

11. xwris3
    Eclair Jul 5, 2016

xwris3 , Jul 5, 2016 :
    1-2 % over-night is what I get with OOS 3.0.2 ... Nothing impressive there or it's just because my device is brand new ?

12. OPFanBoyTillEnd
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2016

OPFanBoyTillEnd , Jul 5, 2016 :
    Not sure, never had anything close to that on OOs 3.0.2. How's your SOT? Wifi or LTE?

13. droid.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 7, 2016

droid. , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Just a heads up to everyone here.
    Earlier, N-ify module wasn't working because the QS code of PA is modified (different than others). The commit changes at Github now show that N-ify module has added support for PA. So for those who are concerned, it should work fine with PA now.

14. piersandro
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2016

piersandro , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Any news about the future update release date? The first version was downloaded 360031 times, the second only 13470. I don't want to return back to Oxygen OS or CM13. Please solve the power off charging problem ASAP :(

15. mayankkumar
    Gingerbread Jul 11, 2016

mayankkumar , Jul 11, 2016 :
    Why not to the CM13 ? ( i haven't tried PA nor CM13 yet.. just looking for bugs and then next update comes, i'll try one of them ) ...

16. Hj.smits
    Eclair Jul 11, 2016

Hj.smits , Jul 11, 2016 :
    I need some help! Today out of nowhere after restarting my phone it said "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stoppped". This message keeps popping up. What I've done is:

Clear phone (the application) cache and data
    Delete contacts storage data
    Delete contacts data
    Delete email data
    Delete calendar data
    Clear cache and dalvik

Reinstalled PA, clean flash. This worked for a while. When all my apps were reinstalled, again after restarting the phone, same problem arose.

My phone was charging in both the cases that it started happening.

Any suggestions would be great, I don't particularly want to reinstall everything again just to have the same outcome. I might try changing to a different ROM but I was kinda liking PA. Thanks for any suggestions

17. droid.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 11, 2016

droid. , Jul 11, 2016 :
    Do you use titanium backup or anything like that?
    It shouldn't have happened after a clean flash, but this is anyways faced by many people due to random reasons.

18. daster_x
    Gingerbread Jul 12, 2016

daster_x , Jul 12, 2016 :
    I'm using PA + xposed (v86) + greenify + amplify - no heating issue at all

19. piersandro
    Gingerbread Jul 12, 2016

piersandro , Jul 12, 2016 :
    I prefer PA for less power consumption.

20. Amjass12
    Honeycomb Jul 12, 2016

Amjass12 , Jul 12, 2016 :
    Have you used cm13? What is the battery life comparison?

Just asking as I am considering loading PA.. my battery life with cm13 is so variable with different builds...