ROM [OFFICIAL] [PARANOID ANDROID] [OP2] [INSTRUCTIONS]

1. xwris3
    Eclair Jul 28, 2016

xwris3 , Jul 28, 2016 :
    What kind of bullshit are you saying ...

kevinpc97 and Murman like this.
  2. mayankkumar
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2016

mayankkumar , Jul 30, 2016 :
    Fed up with annoying bug of latest OOS on my OP2 .. So i'm thinking of coming to PA rom .. but any new update coning to it ? Any bugs that will halt daily use ? ( Like auto rotate,notification sound goes blank for some time ) . PA or CM13 ? Which has less bugs? maybe i'll go for CM13 because of added customizations. Suggestions ?

3. Murman
    Jelly Bean Jul 30, 2016

Murman , Jul 30, 2016 :
    The following is my opinion, based on my testing over the past couple months, and what I want in a rom.

Official CM is updated daily so there is potential for new bugs every day. I haven't seen a monthly stable build so I would avoid this one. Go with one of the unofficial builds if you want CM. See Seraph08 below.

PA isn't daily driver material yet, wait for update. I have no idea if or when that's coming.

TipsyOS is excellent daily driver material. Fast, stable, lots of customization. Mature OS, updated only when there is something to add. Highly recommended. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424950413

Unofficial BrokenOS by Seraph08 is excellent daily driver material. Fast, stable, lots of customization. Mature OS, updated only when there is something to add. Highly recommended. https://basketbuild.com/devs/Seraph08/oneplus2/BrokenROM
    Look around this site for his other stuff.

halogenOS is very fast and stable. They are on schedule to release beta .4 Sunday. Definitely worth looking at if no frills is your thing. http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-2/orig-development/rom-halogenos-oneplus-2-t3377799

HydrogenOS is very fast and stable. Highly recommended when debloated. Different than the usual Android experience though. https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/6-0-1-hydrogenos-h2os-v1-4-0-all-sensors-debloater.438205/

All of these can be clean flashed from OOS 3.0.2 with the latest TWRP.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016

Jitesh Saitawadekar and m_kozal like this.
  4. mayankkumar
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2016

mayankkumar , Jul 31, 2016 :
    Aye brother. Thanks for a detailed reply. Maybe i should wait for PA update. Don't want to flash and iphonish look like rom like for now. And tonight i might clean flash stock os ( or try seraph CM ) .. Thanks brother.

5. Sujju123
    Donut Jul 31, 2016

Sujju123 , Jul 31, 2016 :
    I'm having issues with the call quality. Lots of noise and voice echo. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions plz?

6. Sven.peters
    Froyo Aug 1, 2016

Sven.peters , Aug 1, 2016 :
    Do you had any problems with PA?
    I'm running PA 6.0.1 for a couple of months right now and did not had any problems.
    Except some issues with the design themes.

In the beginning I had a problem with switching between the mobile data types (GSM, LTE,...). Because of that I tried the CM nightlies. I cannot recommend that. So I rolled back, because I didn't want to use a phone which with I'm not able to call anybody (everytime I tried to call somebody, the ROM was rebooting).

Now PA works perfect.

7. Amjass12
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2016

kvp@1+ likes this.
  8. Murman
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2016

Murman , Aug 1, 2016 :
    PA did not feel ready to me. I'm waiting for an update (if any is coming) to install it on my phone.

9. Amjass12
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2016

Amjass12 , Aug 1, 2016 :
    I am eagerly awaiting an update! Its such an amazing rom, I'd love a few bugs squashed though!

Sven.peters likes this.
  10. Sven.peters
    Froyo Aug 1, 2016

11. laurboss
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2016

12. piersandro
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2016

13. piersandro
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2016

piersandro , Aug 2, 2016 :
    Apparently nothing new. On OnePlus 2 no DPI change, same power off charging problem (stuck on 1+ logo with screen powered on). Almost two months of wait for what? Also the security update is old.
    Worst support ever.

14. piersandro
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2016

And they banned me because I wrote this "review" in two posts. Zero support and they don't accept critics.
    By the way, for all the people I recommended this ROM in the last two months or other people that actually read this thread I suggest to don't try AOSPA. It's buggy on OnePlus 2 and after three release we have the same problems of the first one.
    Have a nice day.

15. droid.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2016

droid. , Aug 2, 2016 :
    After 6 weeks of wait, new build is up.
    Download : Link
    - Security patch update to July 5
    - Fixed do not disturb tile behavior
    - Fixed location tile updating issues
    - Disabling SIM will now hide it's signal icon from status bar
    - Fixed adjusting media volume when in alarms only mode
    - Fixed gesture issues
    - Performance improvements
    - Audio quality improvements
    - General fixes and minor improvements
    Yeah, can totally ignore last 3 lines.

16. kushalpandya
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2016

kushalpandya , Aug 2, 2016 :
    Did you flash? there were some known bugs in last two releases, are they fixed?

17. Amjass12
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2016

Amjass12 , Aug 2, 2016 :
    How do you dirty flash this? Do you need to register flash gaps?

Just wipe cache, load image and done??

18. Sujju123
    Donut Aug 2, 2016

Sujju123 , Aug 2, 2016 :
    Someone please guide on dirty flashing the new version...simply flashing the zip (6.0.2) is enough?

19. Hj.smits
    Eclair Aug 2, 2016

Hj.smits , Aug 2, 2016 :
    I've asked the same on the PA Google + page and it seems just flash the new zip. No need to reflash the gapps, just wipe dalvik and cache when you're done just in case

Amjass12 likes this.
  20. piersandro
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2016

As I wrote the annoying charging problem when the phone is powered off still remain.
    After 11 hours of use I haven't noticed differences apart the hardware status switch that now have 3 status (normal, priority, silent) not only silent like 6.0 or 6.0.1.
    You can simply flash the zip. I've only lost the OOS Camera that I installed after first boot.
    If you don't use Paranoid wait for a new release.
    If you already use Paranoid install without problems. No problems solved but better than nothing.

PS: the moderator that banned me in the G+ community should be "banned" from the project. It's absurd that I just written an opinion and he wrote me that I'm "bitchy". No words.

mayursawant likes this.