Officially a OnePlusOne owner!

1. KhalMinos
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 14, 2014

KhalMinos , Nov 14, 2014 :
    Hello everyone!
    So, I just got my OPO and its freaking beautiful!!!!!! I can't beliecve i finally got one in my hands. I'm really enjoying it!
    Btw, the unboxing was EPIC haha I even recorded it lmao it was fun!

Coming from a S4 and worrying a little bit about the size, i can tell you that it is not hard to get used to. Ten point for OnePlus, this phone is great!
    So far I have not seen any of the known issues but I will keep my eyes open.

I will try to write a review in a couple of weeks so that everyone gets a little more information about my experience.

For the people that are interested, this is what I have done with the phone as soon as I got it out of the box.

1. Unlock bootloader, install custom recovery and root. (Thanks @Chromium1 for the great guide!)
    2. Change the DPI from 480 to 410 (Respect to @gaster )

It still runs the stock CM11 and just upgraded to 44S. I will see how that goes. I'm playing around with the phone and looking for cool themes, icons, fonts, pretty much everything to try to customize it a lot. All suggestions are welcome! Also, i have been reading tips on energy saving settings to try to have a better battery life. If you know of any helpful threads about this, pointing me to the right direction will be appreciate. And yes, I WILL also use the search button also but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Great phone, awesome company and you shall see me again when I upload my review. I'm out!

EDITED: Shipping was SO fast! Ordered on Nov11, received it on Nov13. That was quiiiiiiiickkkkk! Props to OnePlus!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014

thorfinn, france42, ronoldo and 6 others like this.
  2. Crisisx1

3. r6171
    Jelly Bean Nov 14, 2014

4. eddiev
    Gingerbread Nov 14, 2014

5. brittonraya
    Lollipop Nov 14, 2014

radster72 likes this.
  6. dwaynelson
    KitKat Nov 14, 2014

7. Oyathnkso
    Jelly Bean Nov 14, 2014

Mjo and radster72 like this.
  8. miltonc
    Donut Nov 14, 2014

9. Trusconi
    Jelly Bean Nov 14, 2014

kolynce and radster72 like this.
  10. dvhprashanth
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2014

11. hoangvo
    Gingerbread Nov 14, 2014

hoangvo , Nov 14, 2014 :
    Welcome bro, but i have a question, Does unlock bootloader is a must ? also why do you have to change your DPI ? Oo :D

12. aloksundar
    Donut Nov 14, 2014

aloksundar , Nov 14, 2014 :
    lucky guy

13. shedir
    Froyo Nov 14, 2014

shedir , Nov 14, 2014 :
    What difference does changing the DPI make?

Longer battery life I'd imagine.....

Cheers & enjoy.

Pete

1-2 weeks for me apparently, whoo hoo!

14. radster72

15. KhalMinos

KhalMinos , Nov 14, 2014 :
    Thanks everyone!! This phone is truly awesome! :)

So after reading around here in the forums, I found that a couple of people changed their DPI from 480 to 410 or sometimes less, to achieve a more compact look and what looks like better resolution. I am just trying it and it looks very good. Basically it changes how dense you screen looks and the room you have to puts apps, display text, etc. Don't think it has anything to do with battery life although I'm actively looking for tips to improve the battery usage.

Unlocking the bootloader gives you kind of a back door to a bunch of stuff in the phone and its required to root the device. Im a n00b about this but Im sure you can find lots of information on why unlocking thr booloader is necessary if you want to root. Just look it up.
    I did it right out of the box because this step deletes all your data, pictures, everything. It was recommended here, and the process was very smooth. Got that out of the way so now im good to go for any custom ROMs or changes I want to make :)

hoangvo likes this.
  16. aman360elite

17. Hyperpotamos
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2014

Hyperpotamos , Nov 14, 2014 :
    Congrats on the phone. When you say "bunch of stuff" what types of stuff? I haven't typically messed around with my phone but I would be interested to hear what cool changes can be made.

18. ZeroAdam

19. Mjo
    Marshmallow Nov 14, 2014

ronoldo likes this.
  20. davidendriss
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2014