[OFFTOPIC] Random Nonsense Club

1. Simonbarsinistr
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

Simonbarsinistr , Jul 25, 2014 :
    Diztronic is supposed to be releasing cases soon. They have nice, durable tpu cases.

Mischa-E likes this.
  2. iomollie
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2014

iomollie , Jul 25, 2014 :
    After seeing this video, it does seem worth the $25/£15? Are there ones just as good (from user experience) that are cheaper?

Chiramisu likes this.
  3. iomollie
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2014

What decides how big/long a campaign is? [i'm not looking for all the rules, I can imagine that would take a while]. Makes sense, any game that takes a while to play you'd have to be getting on with those people. I was introduced to Reddit maybe a week ago. From what little I've learnt about it in that time, That is something I can believe :)

4. iomollie
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2014

Mischa-E and Simonbarsinistr like this.
  5. Chiramisu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 25, 2014

Chiramisu , Jul 25, 2014 :
    Wow! That's incredible, seriously!! Honestly though, I think I'm more concerned with the hardness of the film. Given how I use my phone on a daily basis, I'd rather have heavy duty scratch resistance than impact resistance (though that is definitely a close second).

Namidae and Mischa-E like this.
  6. Mischa-E
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

Mischa-E , Jul 25, 2014 :
    Yeah, the people make or break the game. I find nothing more annoying then playing D&D (or any RPG for that matter) with people that I`m not fine with. That´s why I never went to conventions or anything.
    But as I said, this is a looong time ago.

Chiramisu likes this.
  7. Simonbarsinistr
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

iomollie and Mischa-E like this.
  8. iomollie
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2014

Can a screen protector not be both by default? the more impact resistant it is, surely scratch resistance would go up too? (please let me know if this is just lack of coffee question)

I've never used a case before, but after cracking the corner of my Play and exposing the corner of the screen, that's not something I want to repeat with the OPO - especially with the raised screen anyway - How I've managed to keep the screen as is I'll never know!

Simonbarsinistr likes this.
  9. Rapante
    Donut Jul 25, 2014

Naffe, oneplusseb, fozknots and 2 others like this.
  10. Chiramisu

That varies widely depending on the following factors:
    • DM's skill and knowledge of the game
    • Knowledge and experience of other players
    • How many players total
    • Starting level
    • Story arc the DM has planned
    • How often you meet
    • How long each session is
    To give you an idea, the five of us in my group meet generally once every two weeks for about 4-6 hours per session, have done about 12-13 sessions or so over the past ~6 months and we're level 4, having started at level 1. As far as progression, I'd say maybe 20-25% through our campaign. We chat a lot and get off topic a lot as well, so of course we could have been at least level 5-6 by now and maybe 30% through if we cut all that out, but that's what makes the time together fun and worth while. :D

11. Mischa-E
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

@PuresGift: Is that the one you had on your one?

12. Chiramisu

Nope, most certainly not. Impact resistance is an entirely different mechanic than scratch resistance. While not necessarily mutually exclusive, I expect they are rather challenging to integrate the best of both in one polymer; similar to trying to mix oil with water, i.e. you'd need some kind of agent to make the two play nice together. ;)

iomollie and Mischa-E like this.
  13. Simonbarsinistr
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

Simonbarsinistr , Jul 25, 2014 :
    I'll have another one delivered to me in the next week if you wanna meet me half way somewhere.

Suneth, oneplusseb and fozknots like this.
  14. Mischa-E
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

Well, I certainly want my One to be protected. My Nexus S had a broken screen after a few weeks and thats that ever since. SO I guess I`ll get that Diztronic TPU case along with a screen protector. Maybe it will be rhino shield, let`s see.

Chiramisu and iomollie like this.
  15. iomollie
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2014

Incredibly social game by the sounds of it. Not how it has been portrayed to me before, might have to delve a little deeper into this unknown world...

Haverholm, Namidae and Mischa-E like this.
  16. Mischa-E
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

This might give you an impression. It´s a parody of course :)

Namidae and iomollie like this.
  17. iomollie
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2014

After a little thought, I realised how silly my question sounded, scratch resistance is effectivley wear and tear I guess. Whereas impact resistance would be more about the displacement of energy.
    I just thought that as impact resistance skin would be thicker, that this would therefore incorporate scratch resistance

18. iomollie
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2014

I'm certainly going to get one of those Diztronic's, £15 for a screen protector though? it's worth it right?

Mischa-E likes this.
  19. Mischa-E
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

Depends. IF(!) your screen doesn`t break, I think it is.

iomollie likes this.
  20. canadianpancakes
    Froyo Jul 25, 2014

Chiramisu likes this.