Cupcake Dec 9, 2014

Rick Manders likes this.
  5. Maynard100
    Lollipop Dec 9, 2014

sbumeder likes this.
  6. Max Harry Johnson
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 9, 2014

Max Harry Johnson , Dec 9, 2014 :
    @fozknots A story about chicken farm. My family used to run a chicken farm for a couple years long ago. They were indoor, but free to run around. It was a strictly egg farm. We had 4 farm houses with a total of about 2,000 to 2,500 chickens per houses. So even if they aren't in individual cages.

Although it is better standard than what is shown in the film "Food, Inc.", usually if you see horrid condition depicted means the farmer sucks and had poor work ethic imo. Our farm were cleaner and the houses were very well ventilated. We incinerated sicked chickens. I wouldn't call it humane looking back at it now.

The roosters were difficult to control, it is inevitable in such a crowded condition that they act up (they does Liu Kang flying kick on your back when you're not looking, and ran away into the flock so you can't catch them). The roosters that can't be control tend to be dinner that night, otherwise it could harm or kill the other hens. Anytime an egg is cracked or fell, the hens will bunch up to peck at it until it is totally destroyed.

I was too young and ignorant to understood all the details, we contract with a corporation, they pay us a certain amount per dozen eggs and supply us with the grains. Now thinking about it, I suspect they were GMO grains and had antibiotic, they had to be. At least the eggs still tasted better than store bought. We were just honest people trying to make a living, my parents wouldn't know anything about it. I only eat grassfed chicken eggs now.

It is inevitable there would be rats problems. Initially, we have many cats and some bull shepherd dogs. This is where I came to love farm dogs and big dogs because there were very useful and very intelligent. While my family member wasn't aware of their usefulness, they were good for protection, scaring away the eagles (which were at 8ft+ wing span), and hunting snakes and rats. I believe the dogs were actually better at hunting the rats than the cats somewhat, they could sniff out the underground hole the rats and their babies are in and dug them out. The dogs just toy with them, its the cats that does the eating.

Later on my father started using rat poison and it ended up killing one of the female twin bull shepherd, which left its black coated sister very depressed, I could see it in her eyes, I never saw joy in her again. Although she did managed to bear more than half a dozen cubs. But it was a very traumatic experience for me. I didn't stay at the farm after that so I didn't know what happened to her.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014

7. Maynard100
    Lollipop Dec 9, 2014

Maynard100 , Dec 9, 2014 :
    hai

Rick Manders likes this.
  8. Maynard100
    Lollipop Dec 9, 2014

sbumeder likes this.
  9. didi69
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2014

didi69 , Dec 9, 2014 :
    have one question. Im from Slovenia. Is it possible to get invite ? thanx

10. geokapp
    Donut Dec 9, 2014

11. The Doc
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2014

12. caffeine

caffeine , Dec 9, 2014 :
    I must admit something really strange. Since I accidentally dropped my OPO the other day, my touchscreen problems are gone. I didn't even notice this until now that I'm typing a lot with the phone laying on top of the leather wallet which always, 100% of the time caused problems before. I can't even force ghost swipes anymore.
    Now, I don't advise you drop your OPO on purpose, but this solidifies for me that touch problems are indeed hardware related and are caused by.. Bad phone assembly? Something inside must have moved. This post may be interesting to @vantt1 @dolfgoog @juddlevy and other people having touch problems.

Brenda, edDangerous, fozknots and 2 others like this.
  13. Maynard100
    Lollipop Dec 9, 2014

what's the height when your fone fell down?

14. caffeine

caffeine , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Fell off the table on a carpet. Not much, 70 cm perhaps. Hey, don't do it on purpose.

15. Matej94
    Froyo Dec 9, 2014

Matej94 , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Too late :p

Brenda, edDangerous and Maynard100 like this.
  16. SanderKlein
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2014

17. Maynard100
    Lollipop Dec 9, 2014

ya, it might break the screen if its high enough. lol
    plus the carpet helps a bit from breaking something.

18. Maynard100
    Lollipop Dec 9, 2014

he said it fall down already & it resolved the multi touch issues. i just wondered whether its bcoz of tight interconnection of chips inside.

Matej94 likes this.
  19. Maynard100
    Lollipop Dec 9, 2014

hey bro, did u change your UID?

20. caffeine

caffeine , Dec 9, 2014 :
    I don't know if it's resolved. I didn't even notice something was wrong until it seemed strange to me that I'm getting no more ghost swipes where I always had them before.
    What's UID?

Maynard100 likes this.