oil painting effect

1. Herbert_Lagos
    Jelly Bean Sep 16, 2018

Herbert_Lagos , Sep 16, 2018 :
    In this case why don't you complain to developers in feedback section??? No user in this forum can help you...
    Now if you like to complain, go on continue while it's totally useless...

Sunny_Tamang likes this.
  2. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 16, 2018

elanglois , Sep 16, 2018 :
    Oysters in your pants? What?!!

3. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 16, 2018

Actually, they had an ad to hire a developer to fix this. It was on LinkedIn.

Google Camera (not from Play) is your best solution

4. C1510949982550
    Froyo Sep 16, 2018

C1510949982550 , Sep 16, 2018 :
    What a load of rubbish. The buck stops with one plus, selling a phone with a camera that's not fit for purpose.

5. Herbert_Lagos
    Jelly Bean Sep 16, 2018

I agree partially with you.
    GCmod on non rooted phones is only better if HDR+ ENHANCED is used in very low-light conditions. Quite a while ago I posted same shots made with stock app and gcmod to show evidence. In good or reasonable lighting GCmod can actually be worse.

I don't know how GCmod behaves on rooted devices though.

6. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 16, 2018

Root doesn't make any difference.

The port you use and how it's set make a huge difference. Some ports use faster settings that result in lower quality, but I've not seen one do worse than OOS

7. Herbert_Lagos
    Jelly Bean Sep 16, 2018

I did... With arnova's version "no config needed"

8. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 16, 2018

Even "No Config Needed" has options to control the strength of the processing. And even Arnova's ports vary from version to version. I use Skulshady's, and his used to have manual settings in an overlay, but that sadly disappeared a few releases ago.

Oneplus uses a simple denoising that is fast, but can often lead to the oil-paint issue. Google composites multiple shots, which takes longer and can be more prone to motion artifacts.

Without knowing what your test subject was and what problems you had, I can't make a recommendation. For the majority of shots, most people find GCAM to perform MUCH better. And I have the option of Portrait that works or Lens Blur (when shooting things without a face), with a single lens camera!

Maybe if the 6T didn't have so many damn cameras (gimmick) they could find room for a headphone jack!

9. KoushikC
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2018

KoushikC , Sep 16, 2018 :
    try the gcam mod or the camera.apk version 2.8.27 from apkmirror website. The 2.8.27 version of the camera is actually much better than the stock camera version in stable build.