puccellino likes this.
  3. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Jan 25, 2021

4. Dlavolo
    Eclair Jan 25, 2021

Dlavolo , Jan 25, 2021 :
    i have the same problem after the last update

6. G_Sachin_Sharma_(Koolguy , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 26, 2021 :
    That worked for me. Thanks. But is there any way we can make it work when battery saver is on? Turning off battery saver is just a manual step and this does not make complete sense.

7. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Jan 26, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 26, 2021 :
    Battery saver is a basic Android function to extend your battery life. It disable many background tasks as well as some foreground tasks required to run Google Assistant. You can choose to enable or disable it.

You will have to contact Google on that feature as it's their Basic OS and their app to control, and Battery saver is a feature on all manufacturers phones.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  8. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jan 26, 2021

Bobbie63 , Jan 26, 2021 :
    I don’t think it has to do with the battery saver. Mine didn’t work either yesterday and this morning, all of a sudden after updating apps through the playstore, the assistant started working again (the only Google related app that got updated was Android System WebView).

another interesting thing was, it was the same on my old Samsung Tablet and that got to work again at the same time.:confused:

still have some issues with the assistant app like it doesn’t launch from the drawer, nor from a shortcut, different build numbers in the app info compared to the info that’s given in the Playstore, stuff like that.:p

9. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Jan 26, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 26, 2021 :
    I was just pointing out that the Battery Saver feature does impact on various apps. Google Assistant being one as it relies on other background resources to function, many of these are disabled when Battery Saving is enabled.

I reckon its mainly to do with Google Assistant servers. Some regions may go down while they are maintaining them, or sometimes it just breaks. But it's usually something Google will or have to fix themselves 👍

Bobbie63 likes this.
  10. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jan 26, 2021

Bobbie63 , Jan 26, 2021 :
    I know and thanks for the reply.:)

Caomhin likes this.