OK google not working in Dutch

1. serum
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2021

serum , Dec 3, 2021 :
    The issue is that OK or Hey Google is not working in Dutch. Disabled battery optimization for assistant app and google app, removed cache from google app. Simple not working in Dutch. Microphone on the device is fine (brand new phone)

When the device/assistant is switched to English it miraculously works. Switching back to Dutch and you're off to a limping assistant that is unable to provide you any help without a physical interaction with the phone.

First few hours it worked fine but after that it went haywire. Reboot doesn't help.

2. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 3, 2021

3. serum
    Gingerbread Dec 4, 2021

serum , Dec 4, 2021 :
    I have no idea. I'm on day 3 now without it working. Started a thread on the google forums as well. Any form of help is appreciated. Searching the boards here makes me realize i am not the only one. I hope to get some form of support with this. I use this feature.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021

4. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 4, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Dec 4, 2021 :
    How about like this? I always use English OS and English as primary. But I add Swedish as second language.

1638618111712.jpg

5. serum
    Gingerbread Dec 4, 2021

serum , Dec 4, 2021 :
    Thanks for your response. Tried that, it doesn't work either. And the other annoyance is that all de devices in our house respond in English when you change this setting on your phone. (since OK google in English or OK google in Dutch sounds the very same) So even if it was woking, i could't use it.

6. Swejuggalo

Same here. But I can respond with whatever language I want regardless if it starts with English or Swedish.

7. Xcommunicad0
    Lollipop Dec 4, 2021

8. serum
    Gingerbread Dec 4, 2021

serum , Dec 4, 2021 :
    Yes, it is. Everything is set to Dutch/Netherlands where possible.

9. Swejuggalo

I'm English UK but with Swedish as secondary language in assistant.
    I'm not sure if it still is that way... But Google Clock supports Assistant Rutines. Last time I used Swedish for some tests... Assistant Rutines disappeared.
    Other than that I hate Swedish on phones and computers I want access to all features so I always use English UK and Swedish as secondary only in Assistant. Works well for me.

10. serum
    Gingerbread Dec 4, 2021

serum , Dec 4, 2021 :
    Routines are available in Dutch. But if you want to set the volume of every device in your household to 20 percent at 21:00 it only works if your speakers have English names......... When using Dutch names it simple won't work.

So there are certainly things messed up on the Google side.

But for now my issue is a non working hey Google or ok google with my assistant language set to Dutch.

Swejuggalo likes this.
  11. Xcommunicad0
    Lollipop Dec 5, 2021

Xcommunicad0 , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 5, 2021 :
    It's a hassle but another option could be resetting all Google's apps and try i.e. clearing storage for Google, Google Play Services, Google Play Store & Android System WebView as well. Restart your Phone and then reconfigure Assistant first.

12. serum
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2021

serum , Dec 5, 2021 :
    I already performed a full reset of the phone. Let's put it like this; is there another user that has Dutch setup as a default language for the assistant that has a working hey Google on their phone?

13. serum
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2021

14. serum
    Gingerbread Dec 16, 2021

serum , Dec 16, 2021 :
    OK or HEY GOOGLE is NOT working in Dutch. Is there a dutch user here that has this working?

15. serum
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2022

serum , Jan 5, 2022 :
    Who can i contact for support? I am unhappy with this feature not working as well as some other issues with the oneplus 9 pro. I understand it's hard to troubleshoot, but a clean installation of the phone doesn't solve the problem.

16. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 5, 2022

17. serum
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2022

serum , Jan 6, 2022 :
    The oneplus support sure does its best to hide any form of individual contact, you won't be able to find help regarding this subject on the link you provided,

I already tried google, they directed me here. Fingerpointing.. Fantastic... So. 1 month down the road. No help, get lost with your problem and good luck limping around..

Not a very good experience so far. It's my 4th oneplus phone in the passed years, but this doesn't help me to root for the team.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022

18. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 6, 2022

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Jan 6, 2022 :
    You don't see live chat, phone numbers or mail?
    And your reports via feedback tool lead to nothing?