"OK oneplus" OTA rollout will be stopped until next week

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maju87
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2015

maju87 , Apr 21, 2015 :
    what's the difference between the "ok google" featured in every android device and this "ok oneplus"?

it has more control/inputs?

2. ramcon12
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2015

ramcon12 , Apr 21, 2015 :
    we will know it when we get it

3. CasperTFG
    KitKat Apr 21, 2015

CasperTFG , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Knowing them, the people who got it first will get it first again. It'll roll out tomorrow morning and we'll have to wait another week.

Thanks OnePlus. Great times.

4. kocior
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2015

kocior , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Hope not. :p But yeah, that's the reason I asked: for fear of waiting twice as long. :p Now your hunch's just confirmed mine. :D

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015

5. jeffery
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2015

jeffery , Apr 22, 2015 :
    It has added options of FC app, restart or drain the batt

6. sidney1310
    Froyo Apr 22, 2015

sidney1310 , Apr 22, 2015 :
    How to tell when OTA resumes without waiting for your phone to notice:

Look at the results of this link:

https://fota.cyngn.com/api/v1/update/get_latest?model=bacon&type=STABLE

Right now as I type this, the link returns a bunch of text that is not all that human readable, but you can see near the end

"rollout_percentage": 5

and

"date_created": "2015-04-09T21:27:46.000000Z"

The "rollout percentage" is the percent of phones that will be randomly chosen to accept that batch of the rollout. Your phone only gets one shot at a batch: If you don't have it by now you were not in the "lucky" 5% who got the first batch of OTA update with whatever bug it had that was the real reason for putting the rollout on hold. (How many people buy that the reason that rollout was put on hold with no notice to anyone was not because of the battery discharge issue or perhaps other more serious bugs discovered in the initial upgrades but so that the OK OnePlus feature could be delivered a year after it was first postponed? Anybody else wonder why a rollout process that includes letting a small percentage out at first and seeing if there are any problems that require a pause does not also include as part of the process immediately posting an announcement of the pause in rollout to the forum and any other official channels? Someone must have made a specific decision to put the rollout on pause, and that person must have had a specific reason at the time to take that action. Were they supposed to hush it up? What could possibly be a better way to avoid trouble than announcing discovery of a serious bug before everyone downloads it and the swift action to get it fixed and resume rollout in a week?)

When you see the percentage and the date change, you know the rollout has resumed. If your phone does not get an update after that, it was not randomly selected for that batch and you have to wait for the next batch. Usually when a rollout is not stopped, you will see this updated about every 24 hours, with the percentage steadily going up until it gets to 100%.

So hit that link and look for the percentage to go up and the date-created to change.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015

7. bakerbarber
    Jelly Bean Apr 22, 2015

8. bakerbarber
    Jelly Bean Apr 22, 2015

9. cjsavas
    Froyo Apr 22, 2015

marta35017 likes this.
  10. bakerbarber
    Jelly Bean Apr 22, 2015

11. hugodahl
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2015

hugodahl , Apr 22, 2015 :
    Yarp, same here. Not to mention, just how much use does "OK Google" actually get? I don't use it, don't intend to use it, and won't use "Ok Oneplus" either. Doesn't even roll off the tongue as evenly. Seems like a poor reason to actually HALT a rollout. Or a cover.

bakerbarber likes this.
  12. Wisoner
    Honeycomb Apr 22, 2015

Wisoner , Apr 22, 2015 :
    Guys if u really want lollipop manually OTA, so easy.

Lollipop CM12 is beautiful and breathes a whole new life into the phone. Dosent deserve half the crap some people are giving it. Its been very stable and looks/runs fantastic.

ned82rt likes this.
  13. gerhardus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 22, 2015

14. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 22, 2015

theshinybeast , Apr 22, 2015 :
    For sure ??

15. lparihar9
    Honeycomb Apr 22, 2015

16. Gianluca73
    Froyo Apr 22, 2015

Gianluca73 , Apr 22, 2015 :
    news is not true ..You Can confirm ? Thanks!!

17. Jamessuperfun
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2015

Jamessuperfun , Apr 22, 2015 :
    Why did you put feature in quotations? It is a feature, and in my opinion a useful one at that.

18. imanc18
    Honeycomb Apr 22, 2015

imanc18 , Apr 22, 2015 :
    Well, you might have the option to turn it off. It might just be an optional feature for those who might fancy it! :)

19. Jamessuperfun
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2015

Jamessuperfun , Apr 22, 2015 :
    Depends on the situation.

Doing maths in a software development course. Rather than type in every question, I just said "OK Google, what's 3 x 3 / 7.25?" And have an instant answer. That's a loud room with only people I know well. No social awkwardness.

20. roobear
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2015

roobear , Apr 22, 2015 :
    What is the build number of your phone? Cheers