"OK OnePlus" Update

1. kingcedz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 5, 2014

kingcedz , Jul 5, 2014 :
    well, "Goo-gle" is one word that's smooth to pronounce, you can say it without too much movement of your lips, it's also an easy word with consistency across different language backgrounds.

"One" "Plus" are two distinctive words with different pronunciation pattern, the "P-Lu-S" bit consists of 3 different segments which makes it less easy to pronounce, also less easy to identify. Presumably this is the reason why Qualcomm rejected OP's recording in this. People of different language background will probably pronounce "One-P-Lu-S" very differently. I know typically Far Eastern language speakers would most likely dropping the "S" at the end.

That aside, changing "OK Google" to "OK OnePLus" is hardly innovative. change the identifier of something somebody else invented hardly make it your own.

I suggest OP spend the time and energy on developing features that are more useful and desired, rather than fiddle around with the voice recognition that Google has already been working extensively on.

LibraSun and drmartin like this.
  2. mdnath
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2014

mdnath , Jul 5, 2014 :
    OMG. Another setback. But well surely overcome.

Popofuz likes this.
  3. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator Jul 5, 2014

drmartin , Jul 5, 2014 :
    They could use some extra effort on their supply chain and logistics. :)

4. kingcedz

kingcedz , Jul 5, 2014 :
    precisely! that, and tweaking other software features, optimising hardware compatibility, developing future products even....

fiddling around with voice recognition is such a minor and insignificant gimmick, it makes me wonder if they have got their priority in check at all.

5. natibaquet
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2014

6. enjoii_
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2014

7. neba123
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2014

8. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator Jul 5, 2014

9. firoz
    KitKat Jul 5, 2014

firoz , Jul 5, 2014 :
    Good news .. Its very nice to have detailed info .. Let's get it soon

10. alvaritodph

11. Praneel
    Eclair Jul 5, 2014

12. markjg
    KitKat Jul 5, 2014

markjg , Jul 5, 2014 :
    xD
    Why did you think a bunch of crappy recordings would be accepted by Qualcomm?

13. friendly1
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2014

friendly1 , Jul 5, 2014 :
    I'm ok with that as long as we get it once the bugs are fixed. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the quick-link gestures that let you open an app from a black screen. (i.e. draw a circle to open right to the camera). It's hard to be patient, keep up the good work.

14. shinraz
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2014

shinraz , Jul 5, 2014 :
    @StevenPM How about the yellow tint that everyone is talking about? Can we get a clarification as to why this is happening on 3 out of 10 devices?

15. theone72
    Donut Jul 5, 2014

16. nik0lla
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2014

nik0lla , Jul 5, 2014 :
    I enjoy voice commands with devices but hate when they're buggy to the point of uselessness. Glad to see quality is a concern here :)

17. mathavan88
    Donut Jul 5, 2014

mathavan88 , Jul 5, 2014 :
    thanks for the update. i probably will not get the invite until a month or two anyways. so i will hopely be able to enjoy this feature

18. makadown
    Froyo Jul 5, 2014

19. azeemishrat
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2014

azeemishrat , Jul 5, 2014 :
    Planning is the actual issue ,if they would have planned ahead this would have not happened

20. nambawan
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2014

nambawan , Jul 5, 2014 :
    Guys you are being led up the garden path. There will be never be a mass production of one plus. I challenge anyone from the management team to exactly tell us what their business model is.