"OK ONEPLUS" Voice Command [Discussion, Review and Bugs Reporting Thread]

1. andyinthailand
    Jelly Bean Apr 24, 2015

andyinthailand , Apr 24, 2015 :
    It took 30mins for me to get it to recognise my voice and then it works but not really worth the wait!

2. krishnavfx
    Froyo Apr 24, 2015

Logics and echoestime like this.
  3. udheygupta
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 24, 2015

4. Vilcek
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2015

Vilcek , Apr 24, 2015 :
    hm and mms messaging still not working with this update.... what a crap release... starting to hate this phone

5. OALEXANDER
    Indian POC Assistant Head Moderator Apr 24, 2015

shrey7 and redleema like this.
  6. joejongue
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2015

joejongue , Apr 24, 2015 :
    After numerous attempts and finally getting it to recognise my voice, I found it not as responsive as OK Google.

Sure it wake up the device (after a few attempts) before opening up Google Now (default) but after I've given it a set of instructions example 'what is tomorrows weather?' It reports the weather as expected but then it stops there. Saying the OK OnePlus command does nothing.

So it looks like it's only purpose is to wake the device unless I'm missing something.

abepaniagua and shrey7 like this.
  7. Jinxcn
    Eclair Apr 24, 2015

8. ardicli2000
    Froyo Apr 24, 2015

ardicli2000 , Apr 24, 2015 :
    Besides all, even if it works it triggers an app. I just want to unlock my phone maybe.

I understand the logic that if you are awakening your phone with your voice, it most probably means that you are to do something without your hands. But it can be used as an unlock feature as well. There should be such an option.

9. atomic_man
    Jelly Bean Apr 24, 2015

atomic_man , Apr 24, 2015 :
    More like Alpha hahaha

BorisTheSpider and redleema like this.
  10. ShaQsta

ShaQsta , Apr 24, 2015 :
    Ok, I read through the sites since my question and am I right that saying "OK Oneplus" just wakes up the phone and thats it? Or one step further just leads to GoogleSearch??????????

Nobody is talking about that you can start apps, start music, start a call....if I get that right, this is a feature I will not even waste any time for!

Thought this will end up like the Moto X feature, but that seems to be far far away!

joejongue likes this.
  11. TORJMEN MED
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2015

TORJMEN MED , Apr 24, 2015 :
    After 12h
    Ok ONEPLUS is not ok = Doesn't work
    But battery drain google play services = Resolved

12. kiran.sampathnr
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2015

kiran.sampathnr , Apr 24, 2015 :
    I didn't get the OTA (which was expected).... but I flashed using very easy steps... (cyanogen, kudos on that)....

Coming to the "OK OnePlus" it does not seem to recognize the... I tried many things... but it just does not accept.... training it on our voice is extremely though... they should have done a better job in this....

Finally got it trained but now it is not recognising my voice when the phone is on sleep..

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015

13. osaz_oe
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2015

osaz_oe , Apr 24, 2015 :
    It wakes up the phone and goes to Google Now.

ShaQsta likes this.
  14. sudhakarjha

15. krishnavfx
    Froyo Apr 24, 2015

16. mattias73
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2015

mattias73 , Apr 24, 2015 :
    Ok, I made it work. Now I would like to make a search with the phone in my pocket with the flip-cover closed. It regonizes my voice, awakens the phone only to put it to sleep immediately. How can I change that so I could ie search for something, phone in pocket, busy hands...

17. invotis
    Froyo Apr 24, 2015

invotis , Apr 24, 2015 :
    It doesn't work for me either ...
    The app can't processing my voice...Too bad !
    Wisely we will wait an update ...

18. xpress7
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2015

xpress7 , Apr 24, 2015 :
    I think they announced this feature last year. It is still in beta and can't recognize my voice. But my sisters little baby is just 6 months old, she can recognize my voice and responds to me... :p

kishorparmar likes this.
  19. DidoSvK
    Donut Apr 24, 2015

DidoSvK , Apr 24, 2015 :
    Works great ! But is it possible to unlock phone with saying "OK Oneplus" ?

20. xpress7
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2015

xpress7 , Apr 24, 2015 :
    Works great?? What?