[Submitted] Old style navigation gestures

1. xByt3z
    Eclair Apr 17, 2020

xByt3z , Apr 17, 2020 :
    Title Old style navigation gestures
    Device OnePlus8Pro Software Version O2 Stable 200405
    Topic Suggestion
    Photos
    Feature Needed Background Description Good day OnePlus team and community, Having upgraded from my 7 Pro, I loved using the navigation gestures. Now you luckily (for me) kept the old style navigation gestures you guys had first introduced back when the OnePlus 6 released. This was so you can do all of the gestures from the bottom of the screen. Left or right side: Back, Middle: Home, Middle and hold: Recents. Now this feature is gone on the OxygenOS on the OnePlus 8 Pro. I'm upset because I'm so used to opening hamburger menus with swiping from the left side of the screen to the right. This is super convenient for one-handed control. Doing this now just results in the Back navigation gesture. Are you guys able to add/backport the old style navigation gestures back into this version of Oxygen? Thanks!
    Any other comments
    Good day OnePlus team and community,

Having upgraded from my 7 Pro, I loved using the navigation gestures. Now you luckily (for me) kept the old style navigation gestures you guys had first introduced back when the OnePlus 6 released. This was so you can do all of the gestures from the bottom of the screen. Left or right side: Back, Middle: Home, Middle and hold: Recents.

Now this feature is gone on the OxygenOS on the OnePlus 8 Pro. I'm upset because I'm so used to opening hamburger menus with swiping from the left side of the screen to the right. This is super convenient for one-handed control. Doing this now just results in the Back navigation gesture.

Are you guys able to add/backport the old style navigation gestures back into this version of Oxygen?

Thanks!

2. G_Dylan_Kozicki_vBGO
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2020

3. DeeJaaWoo
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2020

DeeJaaWoo , Apr 18, 2020 :

Ohh although i dont use the old style gestures ... I was always a fan of the Edge gestures ... since we naturally rest our fingers on the Mid and Low-Mid sections of our phones ... and i was very happy when they introduced it...

As i used a third party app called fluid navigation to replicate the same.

This is really sad that they removed for users on the latest flagship ... I mean keeping that as an option for users was good... Really feel bad for you buddy ...

But there are many good third party apps to give you a temporary solution ... I'm not sure if Fluid Navigation has bottom bar ... Please have a look...

Also i have made a thread of a new tweak (optional) for Oxygen OS here do have a look...

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/new-back-gesture-upgrade-first-of-its-kind-on-android.1210999/

4. nmatheis
    US Brand Ambassador Apr 19, 2020

nmatheis , Apr 19, 2020 :
    I would also like to see the OnePlus style navigation gestures brought back as an option

5. ShehryarHussain786
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 22, 2020

ShehryarHussain786 , Apr 22, 2020 :
    In not sure how to get this passed on to oneplus Devs and I would love it if they add the navigation (bottom) to the op8 pro.

Also I'm not sure how to ask OnePlus Devs to implement the override dark mode in the developer option.

If any moderator could help guide how to get this sorted

Attached Files:

6. Unclesaam
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2020

Unclesaam , Jun 24, 2020 :
    Same as me. I loved the bottom-only gestures on my Oneplus 6T. Now upgraded to 8 Pro and must get used to side-swipes to go back. I dont understand why the option has been removed, since it was clearly a more ergonomic, more fluid way to navigate. At least to my taste. I would love to see it re-activated in a future update.

Mhaisum likes this.